1/12 Universal Monsters from Jada Toys

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
TFitz
Master of Avatars
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 1/12 Universal Monsters from Jada Toys

Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:02 pm

aceofknaves wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:19 pm
TFitz wrote:
Night Wolf wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:28 am
cant believe what im going to say since im semi retied from collecting BUT i wanna buy that Creature, looks real good
It does look good. The Diamond Select one was phenomenal. The Bride's body sculpt is also insane. They should have tossed in a mummy head. Nothing cannon, but it would have made me buy 2 of them.
They totally could have thrown in a canon wrapped head. I get why they went with the scream/hiss-head instead for the alternate, but I do think Sideshow did the wrapped head back in the day.
Damn, I don't remember her, but I have to think Jade knew about her and that's why the Bride's body is fully sculpted like that. Re-use to make money on that mold. Very cool
Xnbach
Faster than a speeding bullet

Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:26 pm

Wave 2 definitely has to have at least Wolfman (my favorite) and the Mummy. For the other two slots I wouldn’t mind the Invisible Man (pretty fair chance of them making one) and the Metaluna Mutant (I give it almost zero chance but one can hope).
Piffy
The Fruity Guy

Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:14 am

Xnbach wrote:Wave 2 definitely has to have at least Wolfman (my favorite) and the Mummy. For the other two slots I wouldn’t mind the Invisible Man (pretty fair chance of them making one) and the Metaluna Mutant (I give it almost zero chance but one can hope).
Metaluna Mutant is the one I want to see most at this scale. Funko did him in their Pop! line, *and* the first Series of their Mystery Minis, so he's not completely off the radar of the public.

I really, really want this to happen.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Maximoff
no more subnics

Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:15 pm

Saw these in store for the first time. If Neca wasn’t doing theirs I probably would have been all over these. I think quality wise they fit in great with Marvel Legends. I just don’t think I need them. They were tempting though. No bride figure.

This was a Meijer by the way. Midwest chain similar to Walmart and target for people not familiar.

Samael13
is way smarter than you

Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:37 pm

Oh, man, I'm going to need that Creature; if anyone in New England sees these in the wild, def let me know.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:45 pm

Xnbach wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:26 pm
Wave 2 definitely has to have at least Wolfman (my favorite) and the Mummy. For the other two slots I wouldn’t mind the Invisible Man (pretty fair chance of them making one) and the Metaluna Mutant (I give it almost zero chance but one can hope).
Haven’t seen these in person yet, but the promotional shots look good. The potential price tag makes me wary, but I’m still tempted. I agree that Wolfman and the Mummy are sure things, for future offerings.
Looking at the (perceived) quality, I’d also be interested in seeing their cast(s) fleshed out a bit.
Dr Frankenstein
Ygor
Renfield
Van Helsing

In addition to the Invisible Man, I also hope for:
The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1923)
Dr Jeckyll / Mr Hyde (1913)
The Phantom (of the Opera)
The Brute Man / The Creeper (1946)
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:07 am

Based on the review Robo did not too long ago, I'm going to need at least The Creature from this line.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”