1/12 Universal Monsters from Jada Toys

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 1/12 Universal Monsters from Jada Toys

Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:52 pm

Man, all the Universal Monster figures on BBTS except for Dracula have been bumped up to $27.99 each. And, all the figures except for the Creature are near to selling out on BBTS.

Also, yep. Me too Joda. Things NECA have done, or product they've put out that has fallen apart, been very brittle, or had bad paint apps or QC has upset me as well. I haven't sold any of my NECA figures, and I don't think I will. But I don't have faith they will endure the test of time. NECA makes a great looking figure. But, they almost aren't figures since it feels like you can't move them around or play with them much at all without the concern of breaking.
SuperWeirdo
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:12 pm

I also just noticed BBTS bumped up the price to $28, and Dracula is now sold out, Frankenstein is next.

I love BBTS, but I really don’t like when the do things like this; realize the toy is selling quickly so they bumped the price to increase profits, seems like a shady move. They did this recently with the X-Plus Godzilla 2000 figure too, the price jumped by $50 when it started selling quick. I shop at BTTS because they are usually fair and legit, but this behavior is seedy.

I’m definitely not buying these figures at $28 a pop, even though I think they look pretty cool.
Joda
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:15 pm

Super Camel wrote:
Man, all the Universal Monster figures on BBTS except for Dracula have been bumped up to $27.99 each. And, all the figures except for the Creature are near to selling out on BBTS.

Also, yep. Me too Joda. Things NECA have done, or product they've put out that has fallen apart, been very brittle, or had bad paint apps or QC has upset me as well. I haven't sold any of my NECA figures, and I don't think I will. But I don't have faith they will endure the test of time. NECA makes a great looking figure. But, they almost aren't figures since it feels like you can't move them around or play with them much at all without the concern of breaking.
Well to be fair, the prices haven't been bumped up, it's just that 'Collector Grade' is all they have left. I blame Robo. :lol:

And NECA. Yeah. Once I dump a company, I don't even want to keep anything they make anymore. First it was Funko. Now it's NECA. I don't know, I kind of like my toys to be toys. The whole 'articulated movie replica' thing just reminds me of being in my early 20's finding McFarlane and Cult Classic figures everywhere. I guess I've just grown beyond that? And maybe about time - I am 40 now, after all. :lol:
SuperWeirdo

Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:20 pm

They’re still available at Entertainment Earth for $25.
Joda
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:25 pm

SuperWeirdo wrote:
Yeah, with $25.00 shipping. :lol:

(Sorry, EE just. Ugh. Don't get me started. :rolleyes: )
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:36 pm

Joda wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:15 pm
Super Camel wrote:

Well to be fair, the prices haven't been bumped up, it's just that 'Collector Grade' is all they have left. I blame Robo. :lol:

And NECA. Yeah. Once I dump a company, I don't even want to keep anything they make anymore. First it was Funko. Now it's NECA. I don't know, I kind of like my toys to be toys. The whole 'articulated movie replica' thing just reminds me of being in my early 20's finding McFarlane and Cult Classic figures everywhere. I guess I've just grown beyond that? And maybe about time - I am 40 now, after all. :lol:
Ahhhh. I didn't even notice that. They just have collector grade left. Good eye.
SuperWeirdo

Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:47 am

Oh I see what u people are saying about the collector grade price increase at BBTS. Okay, fine then I retract my statement about them being shady with these figures.

And yeah Entertain Earth shipping jacks up the price too much, I forgot about that. Don’t usually buy from EE.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:33 am

Joda wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:25 pm
SuperWeirdo wrote:
Yeah, with $25.00 shipping. :lol:

(Sorry, EE just. Ugh. Don't get me started. :rolleyes: )
I don't usually defend EE but I pre-ordered all four and the shipping cost was reasonable, $16.78.
SuperWeirdo

Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:12 am

They’re back in stock at BBTS at the normal $25 price. They must have ordered more after selling out so soon. I decided to stop talking smack and just order a set while I still can.
RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:15 am

Joda wrote:
Super Camel wrote:

Well to be fair, the prices haven't been bumped up, it's just that 'Collector Grade' is all they have left. I blame Robo. Image
Wait, what did I do?

I really, REALLY want to know what the Bride's body looks like. I think I'm in for this whole wave just to give it a try.
Joda
Avengers Assemble

Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:31 am

RoboKillah wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:15 am
Wait, what did I do?

I really, REALLY want to know what the Bride's body looks like. I think I'm in for this whole wave just to give it a try.
You and your enabling videos... :lol:

I mean, doesn't everyone pause their Saturday just to watch the Fwoosh Weekly? You were gettin' me all excited, too! :mrgreen:
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:42 am

RoboKillah wrote:
The Bride is the only one I held back on ordering. I'm hoping she is fully sculpted with the mummy-wrap bandages under that white sack. But until I find out for sure, I can't take that leap.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:28 am

cant believe what im going to say since im semi retied from collecting BUT i wanna buy that Creature, looks real good
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:50 pm

Night Wolf wrote:
cant believe what im going to say since im semi retied from collecting BUT i wanna buy that Creature, looks real good
It does look good. The Diamond Select one was phenomenal. The Bride's body sculpt is also insane. They should have tossed in a mummy head. Nothing cannon, but it would have made me buy 2 of them.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:19 pm

TFitz wrote:
Night Wolf wrote:
It does look good. The Diamond Select one was phenomenal. The Bride's body sculpt is also insane. They should have tossed in a mummy head. Nothing cannon, but it would have made me buy 2 of them.
They totally could have thrown in a canon wrapped head. I get why they went with the scream/hiss-head instead for the alternate, but I do think Sideshow did the wrapped head back in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”