Super7 Mystery Line Speculation

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7 Mystery Line Speculation

Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:25 pm

Looney Tunes
GI Joe animated
D&D animated
Mars Attacks
Street Sharks

I think those are the top contenders. I think the terms "melt your brain" and "hoe-down" were used to hype the reveal, but I don't think those words are actual hints to the property's identity.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:09 pm

I would love looney tunes but is that really only based on the fact that they do Disney ultimates??
weizie
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:44 pm

TheCollector1999 wrote:I would love looney tunes but is that really only based on the fact that they do Disney ultimates??
Seeing what they have done with Disney makes me want them to take on looney tunes. We haven't have any "collector" looney tune figures ever.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:52 am

The Looney Tunes figure lines of the late 90s early 00s were really second rate. The Mattel one lasted maybe 1 or 2 waves, were cheap and ill conceived. The DC Direct ones were just breakable statues that were too episode specific despite some good sculpts. That is really it as far as LT action figure lines in this modern toy era.

I'm Looney Tunes or bust on this line ... maybe if they announced a Venture Bros ultimates line I'd see the light.
jkpopculture
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:32 am

DerRabbi wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:52 am
The Looney Tunes figure lines of the late 90s early 00s were really second rate. The Mattel one lasted maybe 1 or 2 waves, were cheap and ill conceived. The DC Direct ones were just breakable statues that were too episode specific despite some good sculpts. That is really it as far as LT action figure lines in this modern toy era.

I'm Looney Tunes or bust on this line ... maybe if they announced a Venture Bros ultimates line I'd see the light.
I guess the space jam 2 figures are the closest thing to a recent looney tunes figure line. I would love ultimates
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:48 am

Sadly, the recent Space Jam 2 line is probably the best Looney Tunes line we’ve ever had. That or the McDonald’s Happy Meal set of four super hero figures. I un-ironically enjoy those four.
Toy Hound
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:11 am

Had an out there thought. Super7 likes to have fun with their product reveals, what if G. I. Joe is a misdirect? Meaning that yes there will absolutely be an Ultimates! line and reaction for G.I. Joe, but what if it’s like a slight of hand trick and we are so focused on G.I.Joe, that we do not even see the big mystery line coming, and we are left speechless and picking our jaws up off the ground. Just a fun thought.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:53 am

DerRabbi wrote:The Looney Tunes figure lines of the late 90s early 00s were really second rate. The Mattel one lasted maybe 1 or 2 waves, were cheap and ill conceived. The DC Direct ones were just breakable statues that were too episode specific despite some good sculpts. That is really it as far as LT action figure lines in this modern toy era.

Doc Hammer/Jackson Publick and Cartoon Network seem almost allergic to making money off Venture Bros. I would lose it for a well-made line of toys; I’d be all in for Star Wars level attention to every character. But the creators love the underwhelming nature of Bif Bang POW’s awful 1:18 figures and MEGOs, saying it fit the show’s overall motif of failure. I’ll never understand why Cartoon Network didn’t push the show harder...I think it’s by far the best Adult Swim original. The only thing I can think of is that they couldn’t afford for it to be successful once they switched to hand animation. But I don’t understand why they didn’t want to air it more often to help recoup that cost.
Wheeljack01
Here comes a new challenger!

Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:16 pm

Jett wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:17 pm
I cracked the code....during FwooshCast Ep.58 at 1:02:07 Brian Flynn says, "July is going to be a great month, we've got a big ole Hoedown we're gonna throw on the 15th".

So....western theme it is!

I figure that narrows us down to Bravestarr (Sci-Fi Western Cartoon), Firefly (Sci-Fi Western TV Series), Tombstone (Come on I needs me a Kilmer Doc Holliday) or maybe a Lone Ranger series....

Of course I'm just joking but my ears DID pick up on his specific use of the word hoedown when referring to the announcement date. If it did happen to be any of the four I mentioned I would actually be ecstatic as I feel Bravestarr was personally one of my favorite shows and toys growing up so I would love them, I'm a Firefly junkie and no one has completed the whole 9 member crew in action figure form so I would be down, Tombstone would be strange I know but boy would I love having little Earps and Clantons on my shelf....and of course I just don't have a good representation of the Lone Ranger or Tonto on my shelf (curse you Depp) and I would love to have one.

My ears perked up when he said hoedown as well. I am thinking that if it was a true hint it is either Bravestarr or Cowboys of Moo Mesa.

It's probably Looney Tunes or something though...
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:55 pm

So... knowing that Super7 is doing Ultimates for numerous Hasbro properties - Transformers, Power Rangers, G.I. Joe - it would be pretty cool if they licensed to do an Ultimates ROM the SpaceKnight...

or... along similar lines.. some MicroNauts Ultimates. I'd be down for Acroyear, Force Commander, Baron Karza and Repto in Ultimates style.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:25 pm

I guess we can say it’s probably gi joe as it hits that July 15 timeframe that they stated
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:38 pm

september_death wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:53 am
Doc Hammer/Jackson Publick and Cartoon Network seem almost allergic to making money off Venture Bros. I would lose it for a well-made line of toys; I’d be all in for Star Wars level attention to every character. But the creators love the underwhelming nature of Bif Bang POW’s awful 1:18 figures and MEGOs, saying it fit the show’s overall motif of failure. I’ll never understand why Cartoon Network didn’t push the show harder...I think it’s by far the best Adult Swim original. The only thing I can think of is that they couldn’t afford for it to be successful once they switched to hand animation. But I don’t understand why they didn’t want to air it more often to help recoup that cost.
The Megos have their charm for sure and I kick myself for at least not getting a HELPER Mego when I had the shot. I just try to minimize real cloth characters and or on card toys to collect. They'd just essentially sit together in a box in my closet.

I think Venture Bros is the best animated series of the last 15 or so years.
weizie
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:41 pm

TheCollector1999 wrote:I guess we can say it’s probably gi joe as it hits that July 15 timeframe that they stated
Nothing about that is mind melting. Would save me money though

Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:26 pm

If you don't think a company making cartoon Joes is mind-melting, I'm not sure what would be. And this is coming from someone who probably wouldn't buy Super7 Joes.
weizie
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:44 pm

Ash Talon wrote:If you don't think a company making cartoon Joes is mind-melting, I'm not sure what would be. And this is coming from someone who probably wouldn't buy Super7 Joes.
Nothing about it is mind melting. To Joe fans, sure. Understandable. But those of us who have 0 interest in Joes, not melted. They way they mentioned it, to me at least, seems like its a something they feel will be big amongst collectors, not just a fanbase.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”