Super7 Mystery Line Speculation

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3956
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:18 pm

Re: Super7 Mystery Line Speculation

Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:58 pm

panther10 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:52 pm
maverick10126 wrote:
panther10 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:23 pm
Okay then it’s got to be Dino-Riders. What else is there? Robotech? Captain Planet? Killer instinct? What other properties out there fit the “white whale/ Brain melting criteria that also appeals to a wide group of collectors?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Isn't it obvious???

It's Farscape….lol.
Hang on you just gave me an idea….what if it’s Firefly?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ugh, I like Firefly but it better not be firefly. Firefly has had it's shot. The funko line tanked.

I have never understood why Firefly, a show that barely lasted one season, always seems to get more love than Farscape, a show that ran for four seasons. 14 episodes versus 88.

I'm sure I'll get a lot of hate dumped on me for not worshipping Firefly...but I've always felt it was overrated.
User avatar
Piffy
The Fruity Guy
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Femme ain't afraid of nothin'.
Posts: 20434
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:19 pm

Re: Super7 Mystery Line Speculation

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:02 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
panther10 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:52 pm
maverick10126 wrote: Isn't it obvious???

It's Farscape….lol.
Hang on you just gave me an idea….what if it’s Firefly?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ugh, I like Firefly but it better not be firefly. Firefly has had it's shot. The funko line tanked.

I have never understood why Firefly, a show that barely lasted one season, always seems to get more love than Farscape, a show that ran for four seasons. 14 episodes versus 88.

I'm sure I'll get a lot of hate dumped on me for not worshipping Firefly...but I've always felt it was overrated.
It's definitely overrated, and I agree that Farscape deserves way more attention than it gets for some reason. The alien designs are incredible, and that alone would make some killer toys.

It won't be Farscape, though. Funko hasn't even done Farscape, which is beyond bizarre to me.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

User avatar
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2963
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:55 pm

Re: Super7 Mystery Line Speculation

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:04 pm

panther10 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:52 pm
maverick10126 wrote:
panther10 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:23 pm
Okay then it’s got to be Dino-Riders. What else is there? Robotech? Captain Planet? Killer instinct? What other properties out there fit the “white whale/ Brain melting criteria that also appeals to a wide group of collectors?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Isn't it obvious???

It's Farscape….lol.
Hang on you just gave me an idea….what if it’s Firefly?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
>ahem!<. Spaceman Spiff would like a word with you.
User avatar
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Maryland
Posts: 10102
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:42 pm

Re: Super7 Mystery Line Speculation

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:06 pm

Calvin and Hobbes is definitely White Whale territory.

Dino-Riders basically had its resurgence in the ImagiNext stuff for very young children. It also has the same problem as MASK to me; they’re not going to do human characters and in-scale dinosaurs at prices anyone wants to pay.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3956
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:18 pm

Re: Super7 Mystery Line Speculation

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:15 pm

Oh I know it wont be Farscape. Toy companies in general all think there's not enough love for the franchise to support any sort of toy line. Yet for some reason they think Firefly does.

The toy rights are ridiculously cheap too (I checked). The Jim Henson company is just sitting on it and not showing any real interest in merchandising it. Someone could pretty much step in and kickstarter these things and the money needed wouldn't be that crazy.

What's funny is, that for a franchise that's supposedly dead....the graphic novels fetched a pretty good return on ebay. I snagged a bunch of them at local comic stores and flipped them for five times the price years ago. And on amazon the comic Omnibus is selling new for 3k. Yet there's no demand?

It'll never be Farscape, it's the red headed step child of cult classics.
User avatar
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 10312
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:12 pm

Re: Super7 Mystery Line Speculation

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:32 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:15 pm
Oh I know it wont be Farscape. Toy companies in general all think there's not enough love for the franchise to support any sort of toy line. Yet for some reason they think Firefly does.
It might be because Firefly sells better? Firefly has had comics published semi-regularly since it's cancellation and indeed still has an ongoing comic book by Greg Pak being published currently (which is good by the way) as well as an ongoing series of novels the next of which will be published in October.

Farscape, while it also had comic books and novels has not had anything new published since 2011.

If Firefly were to get figures ahead of Farscape it's because Firefly has managed to remain relevant with ongoing content to this day while Farscape has not.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3956
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:18 pm

Re: Super7 Mystery Line Speculation

Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:06 am

PantherCult wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:32 pm
maverick10126 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:15 pm
Oh I know it wont be Farscape. Toy companies in general all think there's not enough love for the franchise to support any sort of toy line. Yet for some reason they think Firefly does.
It might be because Firefly sells better? Firefly has had comics published semi-regularly since it's cancellation and indeed still has an ongoing comic book by Greg Pak being published currently (which is good by the way) as well as an ongoing series of novels the next of which will be published in October.

Farscape, while it also had comic books and novels has not had anything new published since 2011.

If Firefly were to get figures ahead of Farscape it's because Firefly has managed to remain relevant with ongoing content to this day while Farscape has not.
Get out of here with your logic and facts! We need Farscape figures! lol
User avatar
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Los Angeles - City of Fallen Angels
Posts: 9904
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:01 am

Re: Super7 Mystery Line Speculation

Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:13 am

Also, Joss Whedon fans are kind of cult-y. They worship everything he does. There's a devotion there which goes beyond logic. Despite all the allegations coming out about his character as a human, he'll still have that loyal fanbase.

And count me in as a Farscape fan. I still watch it to this day. On the other hand, I feel no need to revisit any of Whedon's stuff. I was never a big fan of his stuff. People just over-hyped him from the get go.

I think the only "downside" to Farscape gaining more popularity is...the puppets. I frikkin love puppets and just admire the skill that goes into making and operating them. However, I think some people just have a disconnect with them. Hence why something like the new Dark Crystal series just didn't much attention.
User avatar
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3124
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:02 am

Re: Super7 Mystery Line Speculation

Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:58 am

I really feel like it won't be a live action tv or movie property since Super7's strength is making figures based on cartoons and toy lines. Not impossible, but I just don't get that feeling. But even if it is a property based on live action tv or film, I can't imagine it would be Firefly. Don't get me wrong, I love Firefly. But I just can't imagine, and I don't think for most of humanity $55 figures of Firefly would be mind blowing.

At this point, I feel these properties are the top contenders.

BraveStarr
Visionaries
Dino Riders
MASK
Thundarr
Dungeons and Dragons
GI Joe

Those properties seem the most like something Super7 would do. But I don't know how you do Dino Riders or MASK in a line that's 7" Ultimate figures.

Maybe it's something very different than what I'm thinking. Something like

Garfield and Friends
Rock N' Wrestling
Looney Toons
Darkwing Duck

Who knows. I would guess something like Scooby Doo, Sectaurs, Real Ghostbusters, or Inspector Gadget. But different companies have tackled, or are tackling those very properties right now.

It will be interesting to see. I'm excited for this reveal no matter what it turns out to be.
User avatar
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Seriously..who the %$#*& ate my lunch?!?!?
Posts: 8911
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:44 pm

Re: Super7 Mystery Line Speculation

Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:49 am

Super Camel wrote:I really feel like it won't be a live action tv or movie property since Super7's strength is making figures based on cartoons and toy lines. Not impossible, but I just don't get that feeling. But even if it is a property based on live action tv or film, I can't imagine it would be Firefly. Don't get me wrong, I love Firefly. But I just can't imagine, and I don't think for most of humanity $55 figures of Firefly would be mind blowing.

At this point, I feel these properties are the top contenders.

BraveStarr
Visionaries
Dino Riders
MASK
Thundarr
Dungeons and Dragons
GI Joe

Those properties seem the most like something Super7 would do. But I don't know how you do Dino Riders or MASK in a line that's 7" Ultimate figures.

Maybe it's something very different than what I'm thinking. Something like

Garfield and Friends
Rock N' Wrestling
Looney Toons
Darkwing Duck

Who knows. I would guess something like Scooby Doo, Sectaurs, Real Ghostbusters, or Inspector Gadget. But different companies have tackled, or are tackling those very properties right now.

It will be interesting to see. I'm excited for this reveal no matter what it turns out to be.
Darkwing Duck is more likely to go into their Disney Ultimates line rather than making it its own thing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: An Abandoned Toys R Us
Posts: 2346
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: Super7 Mystery Line Speculation

Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:16 pm

Yeah as cool as a Darkwing line would be I see him going in a Disney wave instead
User avatar
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2963
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:55 pm

Re: Super7 Mystery Line Speculation

Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:28 pm

Goober and the Ghost Chasers

Jabberjaw

Speed Buggy

Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels

Laff-a-lympics

Josie and the P*ssycats
or just Archie properties in general.
dogtownbrigade
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:24 pm

Re: Super7 Mystery Line Speculation

Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:21 pm

Id love for it to be Mighty Orbots. That cartoon didn't last too long due to a lawsuit by Tonka in the 80s. But prototypes for a toy line were made. And those animation designs would look really beautiful as fully realized 3D figures. And no, the various God Mars toys that have been produced don't count :p

Other than that Wheeled Warriors maybe? Sawboss, Jayce, Herc, etc.. Or Pirates of Dark Water. Lol I guess I'm just listing cartoon shows that were unexpectedly cut short with no real ending. I don't know if any of those could be considered brain melting.
User avatar
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Seriously..who the %$#*& ate my lunch?!?!?
Posts: 8911
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:44 pm

Re: Super7 Mystery Line Speculation

Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:30 pm

dogtownbrigade wrote:Id love for it to be Mighty Orbots. That cartoon didn't last too long due to a lawsuit by Tonka in the 80s. But prototypes for a toy line were made. And those animation designs would look really beautiful as fully realized 3D figures. And no, the various God Mars toys that have been produced don't count :p

Other than that Wheeled Warriors maybe? Sawboss, Jayce, Herc, etc.. Or Pirates of Dark Water. Lol I guess I'm just listing cartoon shows that were unexpectedly cut short with no real ending. I don't know if any of those could be considered brain melting.
Outside of Wheeled Warriors, I’ve never even heard of those other cartoons.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1076
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:45 am

Re: Super7 Mystery Line Speculation

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:52 am

The cynic in me says it's just gonna be something lame and we hyped ourselves up into believing it's gonna be something incredible.

If it really is going to be a "mind-melting property that's never been done before" it's not gonna be Dino-Riders. Outside of about a thousand people on toy forums, nobody would even know what the hell Dino Riders are.

Only things that come to my mind that really fit the criteria would be fully licensed realistic Blade Runner characters....or a Gene Wilder Willy Wonka. Maybe a decently articulated Mad Max line? Those were always the things people wanted in the 90s and were always told "the rights are impossible."

(A Clockwork Orange was always off limits too, but clearly that ban was lifted a few years ago.)

I doubt anyone else's mind will be melted, but the one action figure I need the most is a Vincent Vega from "Pulp Fiction" to go along with the Jules I've had for years now. Way to shit the bed on that one, Diamond Select.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”