Battletech toys? Any stompy robots

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Wavehawk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:01 am

Been trying to find the old toys and mechs locally here in Aus, unsuccessfully. Some used toy stores hadn't even heard of it. So I'm actually trying to come up with stand in robots that passably fit 1/12 figures. Any ideas?

Specifically the summoner (aka thor)

I know tyco used to put out the battletech stuff in the 90s, are they the same scale as their Dino riders line?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:05 pm

I loved Battle Tech! Fun books, too. I had a bunch of the mechs from Tyco. I was so bummed that the prototype Vulture never got made. The mechs had just basic articulation and no paint work.

The figures that came with the mechs were kind of small, so the mechs wouldn’t be in 1:12 scale—they’d have to be huge to be in that scale. In universe, some mechs are like 50 feet tall.

I got the Thor mech around the same time that Stat Wars Power of the Force figures came out. I think you could kind of jamb a stormtrooper into the canopy of the Thor, but I doubt the canopy would actually close. It’s been a long time, so don’t trust my memory on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Samael13
is way smarter than you

Re: Battletech toys? Any stompy robots

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:45 pm

I think that the Battletech figures were mostly reissues from the ExoSquad line, right? I seem to remember a lot of Battletech stuff getting stealth released near the end of that line, but I think the scale was all over the place on them.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:52 pm

There was a bunch of Robotech stuff that got released, too at the same time. Might have been those that got the Exo Squad branding. Some them were big, like a giant Invid mech.

And there were a couple small figures of Battle Tech designs that were released under that same branding. Rifleman and one other whose name escapes me. Edit—the other one was a Warhammer. The small ones had very little articulation, but they looked cool.

Wavehawk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 12:23 pm

Akatsuki wrote:There was a bunch of Robotech stuff that got released, too at the same time. Might have been those that got the Exo Squad branding. Some them were big, like a giant Invid mech.

And there were a couple small figures of Battle Tech designs that were released under that same branding. Rifleman and one other whose name escapes me. Edit—the other one was a Warhammer. The small ones had very little articulation, but they looked cool.

The robotech re-releases were under the exo squad brand, though.

I'm trying to find used tyco toys for low cost. To repaint and modify. Sadly it looks like ebay is my only recourse since no toys seem to exist in Melbourne (not the tyco ones)...

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Wed May 12, 2021 1:33 pm

Wavehawk wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:01 am
So I'm actually trying to come up with stand in robots that passably fit 1/12 figures. Any ideas?
To fit a 6" figure? Brother, it seems to me you're asking a lot from the universe. You've got more options the smaller you go, of course; but the only mech that seats a 6" figure I've ever heard of is the Yamato Scopedog from about ten years back:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGrNu-h1rVM

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”