NECA Gargoyles

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Mahtion
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:27 am

Re: NECA Gargoyles

Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:02 pm

Found a sole Goliath at Target, they had none yesterday so probably found the last one. He has some paint defects on his chest which is also why he was left last. I got $10 off at customer service because of order pick up circle offer they honored. I still have one in my BBTS pile of loot. May just keep both for posing options not sure yet or cancel my BBTS order. Part of me wants to see the BBTS Goliath if it has cleaner paint apps.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
dHunter333
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 5642
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:30 am

Re: NECA Gargoyles

Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:41 pm

I don’t think they will be packing extra wings with that many characters
A lot of them, like the upgrades pack probably won’t come with any
I just really want the human pack
Manhattan clan
Clones
Mutates
Various humans
Steel clan
Coldstone cold fire cold steel
Ok I want it all!!!!!
User avatar
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Greater Boston Area
Posts: 2735
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:20 pm

Re: NECA Gargoyles

Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:47 pm

dHunter333 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:41 pm
I don’t think they will be packing extra wings with that many characters
A lot of them, like the upgrades pack probably won’t come with any
I just really want the human pack
Manhattan clan
Clones
Mutates
Various humans
Steel clan
Coldstone cold fire cold steel
Ok I want it all!!!!!

dHunter, you're going to need Morgan Morgan in your city display!

Image
Whitehawk345
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:31 pm

Re: NECA Gargoyles

Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:09 pm

Mister Skeezler wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:47 pm
dHunter333 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:41 pm
I don’t think they will be packing extra wings with that many characters
A lot of them, like the upgrades pack probably won’t come with any
I just really want the human pack
Manhattan clan
Clones
Mutates
Various humans
Steel clan
Coldstone cold fire cold steel
Ok I want it all!!!!!

dHunter, you're going to need Morgan Morgan in your city display!

Image
Named after a guy Greg Weisman went to school with. Morgan Lord Morgan III.
User avatar
dHunter333
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 5642
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:30 am

Re: NECA Gargoyles

Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:46 am

I doubt he ever gets made, but Elisa can sub as Montoya in my dc collection as well!
Whitehawk345
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:31 pm

Re: NECA Gargoyles

Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:44 am

dHunter333 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:46 am
I doubt he ever gets made, but Elisa can sub as Montoya in my dc collection as well!
Given that he was a Keith David voiced character, I hope he does get made. But I am sure he's on the much lower end of the priority characters.
User avatar
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: The city with the Arch
Posts: 4331
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:39 am

Re: NECA Gargoyles

Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:41 am

Why has no one mentioned, in all the civilian talk, the possibility of Owen? And it can be easily repainted into Vogel. Not to mention the uses of the tall slender suit body.
Whitehawk345
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:31 pm

Re: NECA Gargoyles

Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:13 am

mr_mxyzptlk wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:41 am
Why has no one mentioned, in all the civilian talk, the possibility of Owen? And it can be easily repainted into Vogel. Not to mention the uses of the tall slender suit body.
He'd better come with an alternate stone fist.
User avatar
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 18664
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:32 am

Re: NECA Gargoyles

Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:33 pm

Man. Now you guys have me considering just how deep I’d go in this line on humans. I never would’ve imagined this line would actually happen, let alone asking myself if I’d buy a figure of someone like Owen or the sisters.

My mind tells me that I only need Elisa, Xanatos, and Macbeth (and ONE version of the Pack). But man, some of those medieval designs will no doubt look amazing sculpted by NECA.
User avatar
allfigurative
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: She/Her
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:32 pm

Re: NECA Gargoyles

Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:22 am

Owen's design isn't super interesting, but he's so integral to the story and Xanatos' machinations that I can't imagine *not* having him if he gets made.
Mahtion
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:27 am

Re: NECA Gargoyles

Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:42 am

allfigurative wrote:Owen's design isn't super interesting, but he's so integral to the story and Xanatos' machinations that I can't imagine *not* having him if he gets made.
As long as we get Puck too! Maybe the Magus as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: The city with the Arch
Posts: 4331
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:39 am

Re: NECA Gargoyles

Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:05 pm

Mahtion wrote:
allfigurative wrote:Owen's design isn't super interesting, but he's so integral to the story and Xanatos' machinations that I can't imagine *not* having him if he gets made.
As long as we get Puck too! Maybe the Magus as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup, Owen is Alfred to Xanatos' Batman. And Puck was so fun...yes, I know his relationship to Owen. But I want both.
And after Xanatos, Macbeth was the gargoyles biggest adversary. And feels pretty necessary to a "complete" display.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

textual
Customized
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:42 am

Re: NECA Gargoyles

Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:09 pm

Pack episodes used to annoy me as a kid, especially if there wasn't some interesting angle (like a guy trying to throw a pie at Goliath or Anubis.)
User avatar
allfigurative
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: She/Her
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:32 pm

Re: NECA Gargoyles

Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:38 pm

mr_mxyzptlk wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:05 pm
Mahtion wrote:
allfigurative wrote:Owen's design isn't super interesting, but he's so integral to the story and Xanatos' machinations that I can't imagine *not* having him if he gets made.
As long as we get Puck too! Maybe the Magus as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup, Owen is Alfred to Xanatos' Batman. And Puck was so fun...yes, I know his relationship to Owen. But I want both.
And after Xanatos, Macbeth was the gargoyles biggest adversary. And feels pretty necessary to a "complete" display.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Puck and Macbeth both have such a profound impact on Demona. And we can't have a wedding dress Demona without Macbeth!
User avatar
Rolo
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 360
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:05 pm

Re: NECA Gargoyles

Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:53 am

So these Gargoyles Will be impossible to find outside The States right?




Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”