NECA Gargoyles

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA Gargoyles

Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:26 pm

I gotta give NECA credit. Their cartoon TMNT are more appealing to me than the actual show, and I'm impressed at how far they've gone with it. And now the same thing may be happening with Gargoyles. Although I actually did enjoy the Gargoyles show, even though I don't remember much of it.
Dr Baghead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:58 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
Although I actually did enjoy the Gargoyles show, even though I don't remember much of it.
The whole series is on Disney+ (though season 3 is non-canon and terrible) so if you want to refresh your memory the series is super accessible
Whitehawk345
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:24 pm

Dr Baghead wrote:
Ash Talon wrote:
Although I actually did enjoy the Gargoyles show, even though I don't remember much of it.
The whole series is on Disney+ (though season 3 is non-canon and terrible) so if you want to refresh your memory the series is super accessible
Yeah, the showrunners and most of the crew were replaced after the second season. Greg Weisman wrote one script for the third season (the first one) and then he was removed as well.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:32 pm

Dr Baghead wrote:
It's good to know, but I'm not a Disney+ subscriber. Maybe some day I'll do a free trial and just binge the shit of stuff.
Plastic0_phantastic0
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:28 pm

Ash Talon wrote:I gotta give NECA credit. Their cartoon TMNT are more appealing to me than the actual show, and I'm impressed at how far they've gone with it. And now the same thing may be happening with Gargoyles. Although I actually did enjoy the Gargoyles show, even though I don't remember much of it.
Exactly Same feelings here. They have proved to be really good at bringing all franchises and memories back to life, even stronger that when i was a kid experiencing them for the first time, now if figure form...is funny, surprising and extremely satisfying!Image

I will add: those lines got me wanting to refresh the whole shows, but i actually find myself preferring not to do it. i am afraid that watching it with grown eyes makes me losing interest in the figure collection

Strange feelings, i know, i know...Image

Enviado desde mi Aquaris V mediante Tapatalk

Whitehawk345
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:43 pm

Plastic0_phantastic0 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:28 pm
Ash Talon wrote:I gotta give NECA credit. Their cartoon TMNT are more appealing to me than the actual show, and I'm impressed at how far they've gone with it. And now the same thing may be happening with Gargoyles. Although I actually did enjoy the Gargoyles show, even though I don't remember much of it.
Exactly Same feelings here. They have proved to be really good at bringing all franchises and memories back to life, even stronger that when i was a kid experiencing them for the first time, now if figure form...is funny, surprising and extremely satisfying!Image

I will add: those lines got me wanting to refresh the whole shows, but i actually find myself preferring not to do it. i am afraid that watching it with grown eyes makes me losing interest in the figure collection

Strange feelings, i know, i know...Image

Enviado desde mi Aquaris V mediante Tapatalk
I understand it, but Gargoyles actually holds up quite well, as well as Batman: The Animated Series; I think.
DisneyBoy
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:06 am

Gargoyles has a few 90s-isms, and can be a touch awkward but has terrific character arcs and payoffs and details adults can enjoy too.

Plus it's only 2 seasons! I'd say rewatch it.
allfigurative
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:16 am

Gargoyles absolutely holds up. I came to it as an adult since I missed it when it was airing. The plotting and foreshadowing is fantastic. It plays some really long games that absolutely are worth the wait.
Whitehawk345
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:30 am

NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:11 pm

Wow he’s a beast! Can’t wait to see more.
Deckard
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:40 am

That wingspan is glorious.

I have been rewatching the show with my kid. It's much better than I remembered. Probably because of watching it in order for the 1st time. I would kinda like to see a Gargoyle Elisa, Coldstone prior to the cyborg version and a even Werewolf version of Fox.
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:28 am

I was concerned about not having room for these...and now, yikes!

But he looks amazing! Really well done.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:27 pm

Looks sooo great. Perfect size too.
Whitehawk345
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:46 pm

starguarded
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:53 am

That looks amazing but I hope they start doing curved in wings (below). These are gonna be hard to display together with flight wings.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”

Recent Topics