NECA Gargoyles

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Whitehawk345
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA Gargoyles

Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:24 pm

dHunter333 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:39 am
I always wished Coldstone would've rejoined the clan...
He and Coldfire did in the SLG comic.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:07 pm

I wonder if releasing civilians with stone versions of the gargoyles makes sense to get them out. Elisa with stone Goliath for example. Plenty of times she and Xanatos and Owen were with them being stone. They could get some really deep cuts like the blind man with stone Hudson too. They’ve gotten creative with their turtles two packs so I wonder if that might be the right approach here for some of these ‘riskier’ figures by packing them with a decent gargoyle variant.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:34 pm

Buttmunch wrote:I wonder if releasing civilians with stone versions of the gargoyles makes sense to get them out. Elisa with stone Goliath for example. Plenty of times she and Xanatos and Owen were with them being stone. They could get some really deep cuts like the blind man with stone Hudson too. They’ve gotten creative with their turtles two packs so I wonder if that might be the right approach here for some of these ‘riskier’ figures by packing them with a decent gargoyle variant.
Stone Goliath, Elisa, & Central Park jogger 3-pack ftw.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

allfigurative
Avengers Assemble

Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:52 pm

Yes, please! I'd also be in for Jeffrey.

However, the one I really want is a two-pack of Brendan and Margot. They need to be continually harassed in action figure form as well.
LipSmack
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:34 am

Binged like 14 episodes today, getting really hyped, my main wants beyond the clan an Xanatos are now Macbeth (w/ Alt hunter mask), King Arthur (just cause) and Cold Stone, and then a virtual mindseye coldstone
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:31 pm

I only want a stone Goliath if I can get him into the Thinker pose...
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:47 pm

Ive never actually watched the gargoyles tv series. I’ve only watched the Direct to Video VHS of this series years ago and I can’t remember if it was a movie that acted as a backdoor pilot or a miniseries that plotted the course for the rest of the show, but that is still enough for me to get the entire Gargoyles team plus a couple of villains. So that’s what like 8-9 characters all together? That sounds manageable at least. I don’t want any of the deep cuts, I’m just after the characters I can remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MollyMillions
CROM!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:54 pm

In my area it aired as a five part miniseries event over the course of a week, then continued every week as the show.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:34 am

Yeah, it kicked off with a 5 part arc (kind of like TMNT, except it got a 13 episode order instead of 5) and Disney stitched it together and slapped “The Movie” on it for a VHS release.
Whitehawk345
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:56 am

Misfit wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:34 am
Yeah, it kicked off with a 5 part arc (kind of like TMNT, except it got a 13 episode order instead of 5) and Disney stitched it together and slapped “The Movie” on it for a VHS release.
They also shaved off twenty minutes of the five part pilot for the home video "movie" release.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:13 pm

New Fwooshcast is up where VeeBee interviewed Randy from NECA. Some Gargoyles talk towards the end. I guess the news most are interested in is that Goliath has left the warehouse in China, he is on the water currently, and review samples should start going out soon. Best estimate for when he's shipping to consumers is end of August, but if you're a Super7 collector, you may know they had product sit in port on a ship for nearly two months so don't come after Randy if Goliath slips to September.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzE1qN7MAhc
Whitehawk345
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:15 am

Misfit wrote:
New Fwooshcast is up where VeeBee interviewed Randy from NECA. Some Gargoyles talk towards the end. I guess the news most are interested in is that Goliath has left the warehouse in China, he is on the water currently, and review samples should start going out soon. Best estimate for when he's shipping to consumers is end of August, but if you're a Super7 collector, you may know they had product sit in port on a ship for nearly two months so don't come after Randy if Goliath slips to September.

The core team.
Deep cuts.
Army Builders
Xanatos!

I cannot wait!

As far as army builders go, I'd imagine the Steel Clan robots. And those commandos, the Xanatos Goon Squad. They come to mind.
Plastic0_phantastic0
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:25 am

Whitehawk345 wrote:
Misfit wrote:

The core team.
Deep cuts.
Army Builders
Xanatos!

I cannot wait!

As far as army builders go, I'd imagine the Steel Clan robots. And those commandos, the Xanatos Goon Squad. They come to mind.
Well, also the generic gargoyles from the original clan showed in the pilot episode...there were a lot of them and that will give a lot of reuse possibilities with current moulds

Enviado desde mi Aquaris V mediante Tapatalk

Whitehawk345
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:11 pm

Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:41 pm

Veebs is holding out on us! Rabble rabble rabble!

(obviously, I kid, looking forward to the review)

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”