NECA Gargoyles

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Deckard
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA Gargoyles

Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:40 am

I've been rewatching this show on D+. It is so much better than I remembered. I think I'm all in on the line.
Dr Baghead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:20 pm

I proclaim this the Summer of Gargs!

Yeah, not NECA, but it’s still amazing to have found new Gargoyle merch at Target after all these years!
Whitehawk345
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:23 pm

Dr Baghead wrote:

Yeah, not NECA, but it’s still amazing to have found new Gargoyle merch at Target after all these years!
What does the board look like? There are no pictures online.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:01 pm

It is cool to see Disney finally doing something with the IP. It started with the Pops, and now we have a board game and Q-figs to go along with what NECA is doing. It's only a matter of time before Super7 does ReAction, right?
Dr Baghead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:08 pm

Whitehawk345 wrote:
Dr Baghead wrote:

What does the board look like? There are no pictures online.
Haven’t set it up yet, but back of the box shows it as looking like this, it’s a set of dual sided cards that can be configured in different ways for the three games included.

You’ll definitely want this even if just for the figures, Whitehawk, they’re top notch!
Not as good as an actual war gaming mini, but lots of fine detail and great poses.
allfigurative
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:40 pm

Oh damn! Yeah I might need to paint up a set of those
Dr Baghead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:04 am

So Instead of everyone list the same characters over and over again…
1-Brooklyn
2-Lexington
3-Broadway
4-Hudson
5-Bronx
6-Angela (a shoe in since she’s to Demona what Thailog is to Goliath as far as reuse)

What two wild card characters do YOU want to fill the 2022 line up?!

My heart wants MacBeth and Elisa, my brain says Steel Clan and Armored Xanatos
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:16 am

I wonder if they’ll start releasing in pairs, at least. Otherwise, 8 seems pretty optimistic for one calendar year considering the global shipping situation is likely to get worse before it starts getting better.
zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:37 am

Yeah, that’s great to hear that they have so many planned for next year, but it seems rather optimistic in the current environment.
super curry max
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:19 am

If they do a medieval hunter then yoooooooooo
allfigurative
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:04 am

Steel Clan and Xanatos make the most sense from an efficiency standpoint. Steel Clan + Xanatos head = Armored Xanatos. And a suited Xanatos gets us most of Owen and a start on Coyote as well.

I'm going to argue that Bronx will be considered an accessory rather than his own figure, which leaves room for Elisa as the last of the 8.

Also, Castle Wyvern playset when?
Whitehawk345
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:02 pm

I'm expecting a mix of the obvious and some deep cuts... in other words, we won't have a complete Manhattan Clan next year but we'll have a few and some less obvious picks.

Predicting this is thinking like a toy company. These are for us, the adult collectors, but NECA is still going to get as much as they can out of their molds and and engineering. So what I definitely expect next year are:

Angela, because she'd require only a little bit of retooling... a new head, ditch the anklet and armband, etc. Demona's shirt is a separate piece so they can add Angela's tunic easily. But most of the work needed for Angela is already done.

Xanatos in his armor and a Steel Clan robot. Again, for obvious reasons. Just take the air pressure adjustment dial off of Xanatos's armor and repaint it and you have a Steel Clan robot. Change up the accessories, Xanatos can come with his helmet or an unhelmeted head while a Steel Clan robot can come with an alternate battle damaged head....

... also NECA would love to get a Steel Clan robot out there because it makes for a good army builder and some people will do that. I for one would love to have two flanking Xanatos.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:42 pm

Whitehawk345
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:32 am

The GargWiki has entries up on the figures and is referencing every included accessory: https://gargwiki.net/NECA_Action_Figures
dHunter333
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:39 am

Coldstone, Suited Xanatos (not Gargoyle suited, but business suited, although I want both!), Detective Maza, the Mutates, & the original Pack would be my top wants for now. But if they could make other Gargoyles from the original clan before they got destroyed, Demona's clan later, Avalon, England, Guatemala, & Japanese clans, we could get so many Gargoyles! The Hunter, Macbeth, Coldstone and his mate/enemy in Gargoyle form. SO MUCH! Bluestone, Draco...I'll stfu now, you only asked for 2. Coldstone & Suited Xanatos my top 2 wants (besides the entire clan + Maza because I KNOW they will happen) right now. I always wished Coldstone would've rejoined the clan...

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”