NECA Gargoyles

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA Gargoyles

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:10 am

Maybe it's for a poster or tapestry/some such kind of merch?
Dr Baghead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:50 pm

The real reason NECA hasn’t shown more Gargoyle sculpts has nothing to do with factory delays or Disney approval, it’s pretty clear: NOT FUNNY ENOUGH YET!
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:54 pm

NEW BATMAN wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:59 pm
No, randy mentioned a while back there won’t be any exclusives for this line. Has to be something else like really top secret stuff. Unless he changed his mind of course.
Randy also lies creatively misleads people, if it means keeping something secret for a big reveal.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:32 pm

Randy probably would have just ignored the question rather than state there will be no con exclusives. It's not like he's obligated to respond to every tweet sent his way. Next year could be a different story though, especially if the line is a hit.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:24 pm

Well, there certainly will be some paint variants of these figures. NECA often does variants to recoup costs of developing figures. I think some kind of cel-shaded animated look is possible for this line. As for them not being exclusive, they could have exclusive release windows like some of their other product.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:36 pm

ok so i found the tweet, and it sound like there isn't any exclusive planned yet... not the "no" answer i thought i read.
allfigurative
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:32 am

Dr Baghead wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:47 pm
You know what this thread needs?! Wild Ass Speculation!!!

So Randy didn’t say he was waiting for approval of the next figure, but approval on “something special” before revealing the next figure, also said Tristan’s amazing Goliath art might not be used for Goliath but “something else”

Holy shit you guys we’re getting a clock tower diorama!!! Plugs onto the top of the street dio! Combined with the upcoming Ninja Turtle Sewer lair to make a five foot tall monstrosity of fun!

Probably not, but that was fun…

I wonder who the 8 characters done are… assuming Randy isn’t being tricky with the math and counting straight repaints as “sculpts finished” (so no videogame repaints, loin cloth Thialog, or stone variants) that’s as many Gargoyles as Funko covered with their Pops, I wonder if that’s what we can expect or if some
Humans, Faye, Mutates, or Robots snuck in…
I would be all over a clock tower if they made one. Just saying.
Whitehawk345
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:45 pm

allfigurative wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:32 am
Dr Baghead wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:47 pm
You know what this thread needs?! Wild Ass Speculation!!!

So Randy didn’t say he was waiting for approval of the next figure, but approval on “something special” before revealing the next figure, also said Tristan’s amazing Goliath art might not be used for Goliath but “something else”

Holy shit you guys we’re getting a clock tower diorama!!! Plugs onto the top of the street dio! Combined with the upcoming Ninja Turtle Sewer lair to make a five foot tall monstrosity of fun!

Probably not, but that was fun…

I wonder who the 8 characters done are… assuming Randy isn’t being tricky with the math and counting straight repaints as “sculpts finished” (so no videogame repaints, loin cloth Thialog, or stone variants) that’s as many Gargoyles as Funko covered with their Pops, I wonder if that’s what we can expect or if some
Humans, Faye, Mutates, or Robots snuck in…
I would be all over a clock tower if they made one. Just saying.
Sections of the castle.
Dr Baghead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:08 pm

Whitehawk345 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:45 pm
Sections of the castle.
I know it’s their ancestral home and at the end if the canon episodes/in the canon comic series Xanatos allows them to live there again, but I really consider Castle Wyvern to be more the villain lair than the hero’s home base.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d like sections of the castle too (with swappable parts so it can be a generic 994 Castle or all of Xanatos Laser Turrets and CRT monitors for the 1994 look) but I think the Clock Tower would be better first so the heroes have a place to chill.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:29 am

Why don’t we just get both…
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:46 am

Randy just tweeted he hopes to show another figure from this line this week. Cross your fingers and your toeS!
Dr Baghead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:31 am

We ain’t seeing shit this week! It’s vague concept of “May” all over again!
JTMarsh
CROM!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:07 am

They should put Bronx and Lexington in a 2pk given that they're smaller and Lexington will likely require more effort for the wings whereas Bronx will probably require the least articulation of the main cast.

Elisa and Xanatos in his suit would be another decent 2pk. All the others can support a single release in my opinion.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:12 am

Randy is teasing a late night announcement tonight and tagged a toy photographer and animator. Maybe something Gargoyles?!
Dr Baghead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:28 am

Misfit wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:12 am
Randy is teasing a late night announcement tonight and tagged a toy photographer and animator. Maybe something Gargoyles?!

Most likely it’s Gargoyles

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”