NECA Universal Monsters

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1474
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:19 pm

Re: NECA Universal Monsters

Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:48 pm

Andru wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:25 pm
Picked up black and white Mummy at Target.

Pretty great figure. Haven't picked up the standard release yet, so wasn't sure what to expect.
Are you sure it's the black and white version? I don't think that's out yet. Check the ring on the finger, is it golden?
dogtownbrigade
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:24 pm

Re: NECA Universal Monsters

Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:52 pm

seditionary wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:24 am
I saw the glow mummy today at target. It looks really awesome but i got the set preordered at bbts so I passed. It doesn’t look like its molded in that glow plastic so Im super curious how it ends up working out
I was assuming the paint glowed not the plastic like the Remco figures theyre homaging, only the creature was GITD plastic, iirc.
Thats interesting that theyre out already. Hope bbts actually gets them in by October.
User avatar
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: NW PA
Posts: 1587
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:32 pm

Re: NECA Universal Monsters

Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:17 pm

Detrimental_Fig wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:48 pm
Andru wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:25 pm
Picked up black and white Mummy at Target.

Pretty great figure. Haven't picked up the standard release yet, so wasn't sure what to expect.
Are you sure it's the black and white version? I don't think that's out yet. Check the ring on the finger, is it golden?
Yes, I am sure :)

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
Joda
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Washington
Posts: 522
Joined: Mon May 27, 2019 3:24 pm

Re: NECA Universal Monsters

Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:31 pm

Awesome! Do you have the color Mummy to compare? And what do you think?
User avatar
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: NW PA
Posts: 1587
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:32 pm

Re: NECA Universal Monsters

Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:58 pm

Joda wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:31 pm
Awesome! Do you have the color Mummy to compare? And what do you think?
I do not. The colored version was pretty well stocked a few months back, but have since dried up.

Haven't seen any re-stocks yet, so likely have to grab one online.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3560
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:03 am

Re: NECA Universal Monsters

Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:33 pm

I was super impressed by the golden eyes face printing on the color Mummy figure.
User avatar
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: NYC
Posts: 3460
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:51 am

Re: NECA Universal Monsters

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:27 pm

dogtownbrigade wrote:
seditionary wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:24 am
I saw the glow mummy today at target. It looks really awesome but i got the set preordered at bbts so I passed. It doesn’t look like its molded in that glow plastic so Im super curious how it ends up working out
I was assuming the paint glowed not the plastic like the Remco figures theyre homaging, only the creature was GITD plastic, iirc.
Thats interesting that theyre out already. Hope bbts actually gets them in by October.
Thats right! I own them but they lost some of their glow in their old age. I can relate


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: FL
Posts: 2971
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:38 am

Re: NECA Universal Monsters

Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:50 am

mummy got some hips, was his body like that in real life? (bottom heavy)
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1474
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:19 pm

Re: NECA Universal Monsters

Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:40 pm

Andru wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:17 pm
Detrimental_Fig wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:48 pm
Andru wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:25 pm
Picked up black and white Mummy at Target.

Pretty great figure. Haven't picked up the standard release yet, so wasn't sure what to expect.
Are you sure it's the black and white version? I don't think that's out yet. Check the ring on the finger, is it golden?
Yes, I am sure :)

Image

Image

Image
Color me surprised! I didn't know it was out yet! Well that's awesome.
User avatar
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1899
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:08 am

Re: NECA Universal Monsters

Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:28 pm

I can’t remember, did NECA get the Hammer license too?
User avatar
Joda
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Washington
Posts: 522
Joined: Mon May 27, 2019 3:24 pm

Re: NECA Universal Monsters

Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:37 am

DerRabbi wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:28 pm
I can’t remember, did NECA get the Hammer license too?
Well, that's a sore topic. :lol: (But yes, and Randy said they're being sculpted as of SDCC.)
User avatar
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1899
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:08 am

Re: NECA Universal Monsters

Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:41 am

Joda wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:37 am


Well, that's a sore topic. :lol: (But yes, and Randy said they're being sculpted as of SDCC.)
I hesitate to try to remember or ask why that would be the case but I know the reason. Our hobby is full of broken bitter individuals.
User avatar
PresidentJuggernaut
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Boston
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:49 pm

Re: NECA Universal Monsters

Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:45 pm

DerRabbi wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:41 am
Joda wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:37 am


Well, that's a sore topic. :lol: (But yes, and Randy said they're being sculpted as of SDCC.)
I hesitate to try to remember or ask why that would be the case but I know the reason. Our hobby is full of broken bitter individuals.
There was a Hammer licensing press release a few years ago that listed NECA as one of the partners. Ever since, every time NECA does a reveal or is part of an event, people pitch a fit when there isn't any Hammer product shown. I don't think NECA has ever really discussed the license or any plans.
PharOOO
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:50 pm

Re: NECA Universal Monsters

Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:03 pm

If I remember correctly, NECA released a set of Hammer Horror playing cards last year.

So technically, they have produced product, just not the product all of us have been waiting for.
dogtownbrigade
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:24 pm

Re: NECA Universal Monsters

Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:40 pm

I dont know about pitching a fit but, been hopeful for some morsel of a tease or reveal since that press release in Oct. 2020. Most of the other companies listed in that press release have long since gotten something out.
But from the sound of it (randy saying a while back on twitter that theyre currently being sculpted) looks like they might have something to show this fall.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”