NECA Universal Monsters

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
MisplacedProjectile
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Under a couch cushion, or a dresser, or a recliner.

Re: NECA Universal Monsters

Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:29 am

Count me in as being worried about Dracula.

This is currently my favorite line and I’m buying everything released (including the relatively underwhelming invisible man), but everything falls apart without Dracula. Need him as the centerpiece and it seemed like he was next in line.
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:31 am

Drac is there centerpiece and I think they know that. I imagine we'll have a full reveal at SDCC. He's a good anchor piece for the show.
starguarded
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:06 pm

I'm guessing they're spacing things out a bit, what with starting with the less desirable version of the Invisible Man. There's a bunch they can do, but the two versions of the phantom, the creature, the smoking jacket Invisible Man, and the bride are the only things I want beyond what they've shown.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:29 pm

Getting Lugosi, Dracula and Universal Monsters all on the same page is notoriously hard. Mego got Lugosi and Dracula, but not Universal on board.

The fact that he's not featured on the backs of the Remco cards makes me think he's less likely at this point.

I dig the glow figures but Frank is the only one I think really nails it.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:13 pm

We've seen the figure, we know they made him. I'm not gonna get worried unless SDCC goes by without word at all. If he's not there on display, hopefully someone will ask them about it.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:21 am

Not having a head or hands counts as accessories for invisible man, lol.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:17 am

Take it how you take it, I guess:

Krunomo
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:20 am

SalemCrow wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:47 am
Nik wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:17 am
What, no black and white version yet? Dang. The wait continues.
Pretty sure Randy or Trevor mentioned they might not do B&W variants for EVERY figure.

Probably the 1943 phantom of the opera. Technicolor only.
deathbunny32
Mattel Maniac!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:46 am

I'm probably going to get that Wolfman so I can display Larry and not have to buy another ultimate pack
deathbunny32
Mattel Maniac!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:46 pm

Dracula's the biggest one we need, but what's left after that? Realistically, the core group is Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, Mummy, Invisible Man, Creature from the Black Lagoon, and Bride of Frankenstein. Only ones after that I could see are Hunchback of Notre Dame, The phantom of the Opera, Mr. Hyde, the Metaluna Mutant, and the Mole man.

I guess we could go deeper in the spin-off characters like Son of Frankenstein or humanized Creature, but that's kind of in the weeds too. Still, they've managed to surprise me so still looking forward to this.
MisplacedProjectile
Runs Around in Tights
Location: Under a couch cushion, or a dresser, or a recliner.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:56 pm

I want the crazy butler from The Old Dark House.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:25 pm

deathbunny32 wrote:
Dracula's the biggest one we need, but what's left after that? Realistically, the core group is Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, Mummy, Invisible Man, Creature from the Black Lagoon, and Bride of Frankenstein. Only ones after that I could see are Hunchback of Notre Dame, The phantom of the Opera, Mr. Hyde, the Metaluna Mutant, and the Mole man.

I guess we could go deeper in the spin-off characters like Son of Frankenstein or humanized Creature, but that's kind of in the weeds too. Still, they've managed to surprise me so still looking forward to this.
After that you have Bruce the Shark and King Kong, then you have the more modern versions of the classic monsters and the Hammer versions.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:59 pm

They already made their Kong, and they've teased Bruce but who knows anymore with the way prices have gone.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:22 am

Don’t forget Bud and Lou.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:05 am

citysushi wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:25 pm
deathbunny32 wrote:

After that you have Bruce the Shark and King Kong, then you have the more modern versions of the classic monsters and the Hammer versions.
There’s room to flesh out the roster more. Doctor Frankenstein, Igor, Renfield, Van Helsing, Brides of Dracula, The Man Who Laughs, Dr Zorka (The Phantom Creeps), The Creeper (The Brute Man)… for starters. Sure the A-list is pretty much done, but there’s plenty more.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”