Lord of The Rings (Diamond Select, BST AXN etc.)

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
grinman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Lord of The Rings (Diamond Select, BST AXN etc.)

Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:56 pm

redxavier...If I remember correctly, were you one of the old guard from lotrguide.com/forums? Man, the customs showing up there were amazing... We had a pretty great little community.

For Gondor!!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:28 pm

Yoda36 is still putting out a ton of LOTR customs in the customizing subforum.
grinman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:01 pm

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:28 pm
Yoda36 is still putting out a ton of LOTR customs in the customizing subforum.
Oh yeah, he's doing work! I haven't looked at the subforum in a while, but I see his work on figurerealm from time to time.

Speaking of customs; I'm so stupid. This line is barely getting started and I've been scouring the 7" figure lines for fodder for customizing LOTR characters. I have to stop myself and say "give them time... they may get to that one.." But it's fun to get excited about customizing LOTR figures again! It's just a scale that I haven't had much experience with.

I want this line go for a while. I don't need the depth of toybiz, but a solid showing of characters from each movie with all the main factions represented with army builders would be enough for me.
grinman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:06 pm

Hey, with NYCC coming up, does DST have any plans to be there? Any teases or reveals? I'm jonesing for more LOTR figures!

MSWord
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:58 pm

We will be there, booth 2945, but I don't think we brought Boromir and Lurtz to this show. And right now we are not announcing any future waves in the panel, we want to at least solicit Boromir and Lurtz before we reveal Series 6.
redxavier
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:20 pm

grinman wrote:
redxavier...If I remember correctly, were you one of the old guard from lotrguide.com/forums? Man, the customs showing up there were amazing... We had a pretty great little community.
For Gondor!!
Yep, I'm the very same! It really was a great community - though I've not been back there for many years now. I remember your customs from back then fondly and glad to see that you're still going and stronger than ever!

I see what you mean about customs for this new line. I've actually gone back to the Toybiz world to see what I can use. I already have a Moria goblin equipped with a bow and another has the shield.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:27 pm

redxavier wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:20 pm
grinman wrote:
For Gondor!!
Yep, I'm the very same! It really was a great community - though I've not been back there for many years now. I remember your customs from back then fondly and glad to see that you're still going and stronger than ever!

I see what you mean about customs for this new line. I've actually gone back to the Toybiz world to see what I can use. I already have a Moria goblin equipped with a bow and another has the shield.
Gothmog is perfect for this line, so if you can grab the TB version of him, he fits in great. Treebeard (the big one with electronics) is great too.
ImageImage
grinman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:32 pm

yes, I'm actually kinda glad now that ToyBiz's scale was way off with elves and orcs. Gothmog is especially great with DST though. it's also cool that the DST orcs and goblins can fit with your ToyBiz lotr collection as well.

Bummed that there's no new info at NYCC...

bgiles73
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:11 am

Has there been any discussion of an action figure line for Amazon’s Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power series? I would really love to see an all encompassing 3 3/4” line covering this show and Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies. I love the DST line but I could sure get behind a line by Hasbro! Photo Real faces and 1:18th scale would really make such a line impressive! I have been wanting this since before The Bridge Direct dropped the ball.
joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:03 pm

I know it's been getting plenty of hate, but I really liked Rings of Power. There wasn't a whole lot of action in this first season, but I'd still take some figures. Galadriel in her armor, Adar, Arondir, the Orcs, the Stranger, the 3 Witches, Durin, Nori, etc. Not quite as toyetic as the LOTR/Hobbit movies, but maybe once the show picks up steam in future seasons, they'll be more likely to. Or at least some Funko Pops to go with the LOTR ones we have.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:18 pm

joshsquash729 wrote:I know it's been getting plenty of hate, but I really liked Rings of Power. There wasn't a whole lot of action in this first season, but I'd still take some figures. Galadriel in her armor, Adar, Arondir, the Orcs, the Stranger, the 3 Witches, Durin, Nori, etc. Not quite as toyetic as the LOTR/Hobbit movies, but maybe once the show picks up steam in future seasons, they'll be more likely to. Or at least some Funko Pops to go with the LOTR ones we have.
Right there with you.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

bgiles73
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:48 pm

I can’t think of anything now days that doesn’t get butt-loads of hate dropped on it! Lol ….Usually that’s how I evaluate how much I am going to like something. It seems like the more animosity a show has directed towards it, the more I enjoy it. Usually those “critically acclaimed Oscar awarded things “ can go straight in the trash. As for figures, I feel like DST is doing a good job in 7” scale. I want to be able to army build and I want Balrogs, Dragons, Horses, Wargs and playsets. Ideally 3 3/4” would be the way to go but I wouldn’t be objectionable to a Mission Fleet like approach.
Mahtion
Runs Around in Tights

Lord of The Rings (Diamond Select, BST AXN etc.)

Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:37 am

I also enjoyed the show for what it’s worth. The finale had such great moments but some disappointing elements imo (don’t want to spoil). I’m keeping an open mind and hope season 2 doesn’t rush things too much. I want to see more Eregion and Khazad-dum collaboration. That said I am eagerly awaiting some merch. I have almost all the elven weapons from UC so I would love Galadriel’s dagger, Adar’s sword/Noldorin longsword replicas. And yes of course I would love some action figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
redxavier
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:33 pm

I loved the show too, one of my favourites of the year. I would definitely be interested in getting Galadriel in armour.
GrumpyMatt
CROM!

Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:28 pm

Thought the show overall was pretty good. Didn't care for the reveals in the finale.

Interested to see where it goes in season 2.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”