Lord of The Rings (Diamond Select, BST AXN etc.)

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Lord of The Rings (Diamond Select, BST AXN etc.)

Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:53 pm

Shinigami_PL wrote: So the Ringwraith sleeve turned from an issue into a feature, KD? (Thanks for clarification, Zach.) And this proves once again that it's better to wait for in hand reviews or buying the figure yourself before judging it to be poorly designed.
No. Someone caught the problem, so it went from an issue to a work-around (not a 'feature'). And I'm very glad someone had the foresight to say 'this is going to be a problem.' Doesn't make it a 'feature' of the toy, but I absolutely think it's a good thing they did something about it. As for judging figures prior to having them in hand - if I didn't judge figures prior to having them in hand, I would either buy nothing or everything.. so.. also no.

But I also have no problem admitting I was wrong and thanking MS for the info, which i did.
superdoug
CROM!

Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:04 pm

Thanks for posting the pics of a Aragorn. Looks like he turned out great.
MSWord
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:04 pm

yodasodabo wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:34 am
Aragorn turned out great! Definitely a hard likeness to capture judging from the various offerings over the years. Nice to see he has his dagger too, thought Gollum was coming with it. If Sauron is built before the whole fellowship is released, does that mean the rest will come with extra accessories instead of a BAF piece? Or maybe a slightly cheaper price point?
Series 1-3 is all you need for Sauron. Series 4 Gandalf has a lot of capes/robes, plus staff and Glamdring. Uruk-hai has alt head, shield, sword and I believe pike, plus he's kinda bulky. So a bit more material in the non-Sauron figures.

And yeah, I think our Aragorn came out pretty good. I never liked any of the Toy Biz likenesses, and I had a few of them, but this one may be the best. (I didn't sculpt it, so I can say that.) :)
FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:10 pm

MSWord wrote: And yeah, I think our Aragorn came out pretty good. I never liked any of the Toy Biz likenesses, and I had a few of them, but this one may be the best. (I didn't sculpt it, so I can say that.) :)
I would definitely say this is the best Aragorn likeness I've seen, at least in the realm of action figures. I can't wait for this one!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:38 pm

MSWord wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:04 pm
And yeah, I think our Aragorn came out pretty good.
That's an understatement, based on what I'm seeing. I think it's gonna be like the MS WandaVision SW that looked Hot Toys-esque in the face when a talented painter brought the sculpt out.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:45 pm

I opened Frodo and the Ringwraith. Both are excellent figures, really happy. And holy cow Sauron is huge. Can't wait to get the last two pieces.

I'm definitely in on this line. I'm curious to see how deep it goes. Any word on when the next wave gets revealed? And I see some people have Aragorn...but what's the eta in the states for him?
MSWord
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:22 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
I'm definitely in on this line. I'm curious to see how deep it goes. Any word on when the next wave gets revealed? And I see some people have Aragorn...but what's the eta in the states for him?
Not sure about the next reveal, but hopefully we'll get Series 3 in the Diamond Comics warehouse by the end of the year, shipping delays are real.
ftw-jedi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:49 pm

Bbts just got wave 2 in, hopefully wave 3 isn't too far behind and then I can finally ship my pile of loot

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:56 pm

Yep! Just got my arrival notice e-mail from them (BBTS) saying Wave 2 and my two extra Nazgul are getting ready to ship. Can't wait to get these.
FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:05 pm

ftw-jedi wrote:Bbts just got wave 2 in, hopefully wave 3 isn't too far behind and then I can finally ship my pile of loot

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
The post right above yours says they're HOPING they get wave 3 in the country by the end of the year. So I wouldn't hold off shipping for that one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:09 pm

MSWord wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:22 pm
maverick10126 wrote:
Not sure about the next reveal, but hopefully we'll get Series 3 in the Diamond Comics warehouse by the end of the year, shipping delays are real.
So best guess is hopefully wave 3 December/January?

Wave 4 March maybe? I need me some Gandalf....and here I thought a Wizard was never late.

I feel for you guys, I'm sure it's frustrating with the shipping delays and being unable to get product to the consumers hands.
FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:17 am

So despite my feelings toward the sleeves, I decided I wanted 3 Ring Wraiths. The 2 I ordered from Amazon came in today. I still plan to work something out so they can be posed with an arm forward without looking ridiculous, but I really like these guys. The sculpt is phenomenal & they post reasonable well. ImageImage

Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:28 am

Man, those look great! Thanks for the pics FuzzyBlueDemon.

I went with 3 total as well. They are preparing to ship from BBTS as we speak. Can't wait.
Reefer Shark
CROM!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:58 am

Wow, looks fantastic! Thanks for posting those, now Im thinking on buying a couple more lol.

My set is in my pile o loot too, about to pull the “ship now” trigger
black5117
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:50 am

Just looked at previewsworld’s website and they list Aragorn/orc AND Gandalf/Uruk-Hai releasing next week. Won’t know for sure til Monday.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”