Lord of The Rings (Diamond Select, BST AXN etc.)

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
User avatar
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.
Posts: 21366
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:38 pm

Re: Lord of The Rings (Diamond Select, BST AXN etc.)

Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:41 pm

I wasn't calling out a bait and switch on the promotional pictures. It is clear that Gollum looks as he did in those pictures, so that wasn't my intent (and his expressions are quite good). I WILL say the lack of hair is much more apparent/striking in person, so it does throw the overall look off much more to me now that he is in-hand. So yeah, I wish is was more accurate. Those few strands of hair make a big difference.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 4480
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:18 pm

Re: Lord of The Rings (Diamond Select, BST AXN etc.)

Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:55 pm

So what I'm hearing is a lot of support for hanging onto those last bits of hair rather than just facing the inevitable and shaving it all off.
User avatar
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Poland
Posts: 6827
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:50 pm

Re: Lord of The Rings (Diamond Select, BST AXN etc.)

Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:01 pm

"hello bagginses, we thanks you for playing with us but before we start, let us tell you about today's sponsor, my precious, Keeps"
User avatar
spinc
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:24 am

Re: Lord of The Rings (Diamond Select, BST AXN etc.)

Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:01 pm

hahahahahahahahahaha

Man I really want to see how Aragorn looks. The prototype looks great.
User avatar
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 17634
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:13 pm

Re: Lord of The Rings (Diamond Select, BST AXN etc.)

Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:45 am

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:01 pm
"hello bagginses, we thanks you for playing with us but before we start, let us tell you about today's sponsor, my precious, Keeps"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!
User avatar
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 15841
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:17 am

Re: Lord of The Rings (Diamond Select, BST AXN etc.)

Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:41 am

maverick10126 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:55 pm
So what I'm hearing is a lot of support for hanging onto those last bits of hair rather than just facing the inevitable and shaving it all off.
Image
User avatar
Bellygrub
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:33 pm

Re: Lord of The Rings (Diamond Select, BST AXN etc.)

Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:34 am

Bellygrub wrote:Still waiting on my SDCC set to arrive. It was delivered to an Amazon facility which I’ve never had happen before. I’m assuming they’ll be doing the last leg of the delivery.
Well USPS confirmed my package is lost. DST is telling me I have to be reimbursed by USPS. USPS is telling me the seller didn’t pay for insurance (I’ve also never had a company tell me it was my responsibility to track down my lost parcel) so I can’t submit a claim for reimbursement.

So like the enormous sucker I am I ordered a second set from Amazon while I wait to sort out this refund nonsense.

I really want to see if I can do something to add Gollum’s hair.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Rogers1938
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Metter, GA
Posts: 539
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:17 pm

Re: Lord of The Rings (Diamond Select, BST AXN etc.)

Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:13 pm

For those wanting some cloaks for the Fellowship, the bendy figures by Noble may be a good option. A little modification I’m sure but it would be a good base.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
jankatana
Here comes a new challenger!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:54 pm

Re: Lord of The Rings (Diamond Select, BST AXN etc.)

Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:01 pm

Does anyone know what happened to the 6" figure license after Toybiz finished?
As DST are doing 7" and Loyal Subjects 5" id presume Hasbro are ideal to resurrect that scale.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

User avatar
Bellygrub
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:33 pm

Re: Lord of The Rings (Diamond Select, BST AXN etc.)

Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:16 pm

Pics of the Ringwraith have popped up in one of the LoTR Facebook groups I'm in. Someone said they've shown up for sale in a comic shop in Ohio. So hopefully these will start shipping soon.
User avatar
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Greater Boston Area
Posts: 2607
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:20 pm

Re: Lord of The Rings (Diamond Select, BST AXN etc.)

Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:50 pm

Do you have a link for those pics, or are they strictly in the FB group?

Also, does anyone have a breakdown of which Sauron parts come with which characters? We have the head, one leg, and one arm from Gimli and Legolas, but I'm wondering which pieces come with the Ringwraith and Frodo.
joshsquash729
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 850
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:40 am

Re: Lord of The Rings (Diamond Select, BST AXN etc.)

Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:12 pm

Mister Skeezler wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:50 pm
Do you have a link for those pics, or are they strictly in the FB group?

Also, does anyone have a breakdown of which Sauron parts come with which characters? We have the head, one leg, and one arm from Gimli and Legolas, but I'm wondering which pieces come with the Ringwraith and Frodo.
I could be wrong, and of course it may have changed, but I seem to remember a while ago it was said that the torso will come with Frodo, since he's the smallest. Not sure about the Ringwraith, though. Kinda wish the army builders wouldn't come with a piece- I don't necessarily want a bunch of extra arms and legs lying around, but on the other hand, it would be nice to finish Sauron sooner rather than later.
User avatar
Bellygrub
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:33 pm

Re: Lord of The Rings (Diamond Select, BST AXN etc.)

Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:15 am

Mister Skeezler wrote:Do you have a link for those pics, or are they strictly in the FB group?

Also, does anyone have a breakdown of which Sauron parts come with which characters? We have the head, one leg, and one arm from Gimli and Legolas, but I'm wondering which pieces come with the Ringwraith and Frodo.
They were posted by a user on the Facebook group itself; Lord of the Rings Action Figure Archive and Museum.

He says the figure comes with two swords and a Morgul blade. No mention of a BAF part. He mentions that there is no where for the sword sheaths to attach to the figure which is a bummer. Looks like you might be able to thread a thing string through the sheath though and attach it that way.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Greater Boston Area
Posts: 2607
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:20 pm

Re: Lord of The Rings (Diamond Select, BST AXN etc.)

Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:44 am

Bellygrub wrote:
Mister Skeezler wrote:Do you have a link for those pics, or are they strictly in the FB group?

Also, does anyone have a breakdown of which Sauron parts come with which characters? We have the head, one leg, and one arm from Gimli and Legolas, but I'm wondering which pieces come with the Ringwraith and Frodo.
They were posted by a user on the Facebook group itself; Lord of the Rings Action Figure Archive and Museum.

He says the figure comes with two swords and a Morgul blade. No mention of a BAF part. He mentions that there is no where for the sword sheaths to attach to the figure which is a bummer. Looks like you might be able to thread a thing string through the sheath though and attach it that way.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks!

misterskeezler on Instagram

User avatar
yodasodabo
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:16 am

Re: Lord of The Rings (Diamond Select, BST AXN etc.)

Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:48 am

I saw someone selling Frodo and Ringwraith the other day. I passed as they were lacking the BAF parts but curious as to how he got them so early. Not sure how I feel about Frodo’s Headsculpt if this is indeed the diamond select figs.Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”