Harry Potter Action Figures by Spin Master Toys in 2021!

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Piffy
The Fruity Guy
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Harry Potter Action Figures by Spin Master Toys in 2021!

Wed May 12, 2021 1:43 am

My daughter is just getting REALLY into Harry Potter, so these are going to be absolutely, mind-numbingly perfect for her.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Artistix
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 5:05 am

bgiles73 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:09 pm
They had this picture of the box Hogwarts comes in showing the interactive light and sound features. I will admit I like that. I wonder if each add on set adds to this? Image
Hmmmmm...

I collect a lot of things Potter, but not sure about these. They are cute though.
ScatteredCollector
Here comes a new challenger!

Sat May 15, 2021 7:43 pm

Given how Funko are the only affordable action figures we have for the franchise, I'm looking for to these. Although I love anime, I'm not crazy about the designs however I'm looking at these differently as they're standing out from other releases and other Spin Masters figures. I'm also hoping we get a FULL character rooster -- between, Fantastic Beasts and the main series. I want as many characters as possible, even if they had a minor role, I want them as a figure.
spinc
Avengers Assemble

Thu May 27, 2021 7:24 pm

Sorry for the bump, but this is the only HP figures board.

I finally got a Mcfarlane Harry, on sale for a good price. And I really liked him! He's not perfect, but he's way better than most people say. He just needed a repaint. His eyes had this weird, huge black line as eyelashes, for some reason. So I repainted the eyes, the eyebrows, the glasses, and added a few details here and there. Man, the sculpt is there! He does look like Daniel Radcliff! Someone more talented than me could do wonders to this figure, but I am happy with how mine looks. I may even do more work on it to make it even better. I'll post pics soon.

Of course, we shouldn;t have to put in work to the figure, but beggars can't be choosers, right? This is the most articulated HP figure out there (except, of course, for the expensive Star Ace toys).

It's such a shame that Spinmaster apparently won't do a proper HP figure line like their Batman line.
bgiles73
Avengers Assemble

Thu May 27, 2021 9:43 pm

I’m bummed about it too. I really liked the Macfarlane stuff too. I just wish that it would continue. I like the concept of the Spin Master line but I kinda wish the sculpts were just a little more serious. A cute Voldemort, Naginni and Dementors just doesn’t really get it.....But I like Pops and Lego so I don’t know. I kinda wonder how this is going to look for the Fantastic Beasts characters. These characters are primarily adult, not Hogwarts children. Hagrid and Dumbledore have been seen up close. Snape was just a small blurry picture. I hope to get all the other Hogwarts Teachers, and many of the supporting characters. Bring on Mcgonogall and Filch! I gotta have Gilderoy Lockhart and some Cornish Pixie mayhem. We want Nearly Headless Nick and The Bloody Baron. I definitely want an interactive Quidditch Field!
bgiles73
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:02 am

I found a few of these SpinMaster Harry Potter toys in my local Target today. I got one of the 8” Harry Potter dolls and I found one of the Magical Minis it was the single pack with Hermione. The mini figure is a small 3” stylized figure with 4 POA and the wand is permanently molded in hand with no other accessories. The Magical Mini was priced under $5. I think I will like this line if they give us a good depth and range of characters and playsets. There is a small metal piece on the bottom of the foot that I’m sure interacts with magnets in the playsets for lights and action features. I can’t wait to find the Hogwarts set.
psoul95
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:27 pm

What section are they in?
bgiles73
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:06 pm

psoul95 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:27 pm
What section are they in?
They were basically hidden in the girls toy aisle near Disney Princess items. There is no tags on the shelf yet. So I guess that’s pending the holiday reset. The packaging is really small so you will definitely run into a challenge spotting it. I found the two items I did at two separate Target stores. I was there for the new Ghost Busters Afterlife figures which I found all the original gang and a Muncher Ghost….no sign of the kids from the new movie. I was pleasantly surprised to find the Hermione Magical Mini. They had six of just her. The other Target had 4 of the 8” Harry Potter and just him. I’m planning to check again this weekend as I’m sure more will trickle out.
bgiles73
Avengers Assemble

Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:46 pm

I added the Hogwarts Castle, a Magical Mini Harry Potter, and Harry Potter’s Wand replica to my collection. I really like these but I think they should include a magnetic stand to place the Magical Minis on for if you don’t have them on a Playset. They are a little top heavy and tend to topple over. I’m really hoping they produce lots of figures and sets. I’m hoping we will get characters like Filch and Rita Skeeter and ghosts like Nearly Headless Nick, etc. A nice Quidditch playset would really make my day!
bgiles73
Avengers Assemble

Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:11 pm

I haven’t seen too many post in here about if they are finding these or not. I must say I really have taken a liking to this line and I really enjoy the anime look of the characters more than I would have thought. Today I added one of my favorite Professors to my collection. I can’t wait for more of these to be announced! Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kassle
CROM!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:49 am

That little professor figure is very cute!
bgiles73
Avengers Assemble

Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:01 am

Kassle wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:49 am
That little professor figure is very cute!
They all are. Even Snape. I can’t wait to see Voldemort. I hope they go really deep into the Wizarding World. I have not found the sets with Hagrid, Ginny or Cho yet. Nor have I found any of the classroom sets. I have Hogwarts, the role play sorting hat and Harry and Hermione’s wands. Yep….. I am going to get the role play Hedwidge too. All of this is so much fun, I’m almost ashamed to say I’m a full grown father of two….but hey, what the heck! If they make a Quidditch field for the Magic Minis I will be in Heaven! Such a wonderful world to collect. I don’t think these would be as much fun if they designed them the same as the DC Figures. I have felt absolutely zero buyer’s remorse for any of these enchanting toys. My girlfriend thinks they are cute too!
Comedian
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:06 pm

I saw the big set at target. I think I’ll jump in. They are a bit to “cute” for me, but they are really growing on me at the same time.
bgiles73
Avengers Assemble

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:45 pm

Comedian wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:06 pm
I saw the big set at target. I think I’ll jump in. They are a bit to “cute” for me, but they are really growing on me at the same time.
I really find that the decision to give these an anime look really works for a property like Harry Potter. There is enough actor likeness in each figure so as not to disappoint movie fans, but it’s also just vague enough that fans of the book might say that these are modeled more to capture the look of the character. What I am saying is a Dumbledore figure isn’t simply Michael Gambon or Richard Harris. It’s the combination of all three. It will probably be the same with Grindlewald not being simply Johnny Depp or Mads Mikkelsen, but a good combination of all the source material.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”