Super7: SilverHawks ULTIMATES!

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Chooch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7: SilverHawks ULTIMATES!

Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:21 pm

Two waves at once will hurt, but kicking off with 8 figures will fill a shelf nicely.
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:27 pm

I honestly like the duller "animated" look but we know if TC is any indicator that a future, more silvery release will come. Like TC, if I can just get the core Hawks and the main villains, I'm good. A long line full of deep cuts would be great but having to deal with this company in the long term is not my preferred scenario!

I'm starting to wonder if they just want to do figures of their favorite bands and things like TC and SH are just a way to pay the bills! Brian reminds me of my annoying 50s-something Gen-X proto-Hipster neighbor that loves bands you've never heard of and sits in his SUV late at night blasting the blandest music you've ever heard!
Deckard
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:15 am

Man, that paint does not look good. I'll still get that base Mon-Star but that might be it for me.
fletch137
Avengers Assemble

Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:40 am

I can't believe how committed he is to not giving us what we want.
DIGITALSELF
Super Poseable

Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:40 pm

Finally we get an update!...I like that the paint matches the animation. I'd also bet that we'll get the toy colored versions later, just not vac metal.
dogtownbrigade
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:46 pm

I have no problem waiting it out for the inevitable toy variants for the 'hawks. But absolutely need both versions of monstar.
yorick_skirata
Runs Around in Tights

Super7: SilverHawks ULTIMATES!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:19 pm

fletch137 wrote:I can't believe how committed he is to not giving us what we want.
They might be thinking about double dipping.

Many would probably buy a metallic variant even having bought the current version. But I think most people would be satisfied with a metallic version and wouldn’t buy the “cartoon colors” one.

I’m canceling my preorders and waiting for an eventual metallic version. If it doesn’t happen, I’m ok with it.
Toy Hound
Customized

Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:33 pm

I’m very happy for the update. Looks good to me and I agree, probably a shiny metal version down the road but I can’t wait for these. Now bring on the reaction figures!
What do we think will be the first vehicle, after thunder tank and party wagon. Think I will be cooler kids race car? The hawk that quicksilver is in from time to time? Stargazers motorcycle, or do they go big and go for the maraj?
fletch137
Avengers Assemble

Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:17 am

yorick_skirata wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:19 pm
I’m canceling my preorders and waiting for an eventual metallic version. If it doesn’t happen, I’m ok with it.
The thought crossed my mind, but I'm going to stick with these as being "good enough*" and better than not having any.

And if he does make a shinier version down the road I don't see myself buying them. Ultimately (heh) I'm okay with being a little disappointed in how he made them, but if I get suckered into buying them all again, I'd be disappointed in me.

* FWIW, I really like the design of these figures and all the accessories. My only beef is with the veneer. That's the part that I consider "good enough."
yorick_skirata
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:39 am

fletch137 wrote: The thought crossed my mind, but I'm going to stick with these as being "good enough*" and better than not having any.

And if he does make a shinier version down the road I don't see myself buying them. Ultimately (heh) I'm okay with being a little disappointed in how he made them, but if I get suckered into buying them all again, I'd be disappointed in me.

* FWIW, I really like the design of these figures and all the accessories. My only beef is with the veneer. That's the part that I consider "good enough."
For sure. Each of us has its own way of collecting.

I don’t fret over having certain characters or properties. I’m prone to buying things I have no connection with if I like them (Mythic Legions, Plunderlings, etc).

Even lines that are more character oriented (like Mafex, for instance), I don’t have completist impulses nowadays. I skip what I don’t like (the few lines I have everything of are the ones I liked everything).

So, for me it’s easy to skip these. They won’t be “missed” in my collection.

And even so, I did struggle with the decision. Exactly because they are cool. In the end, the price and the paint tipped the scale for me.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:56 am

If we get a vehicle out of this line in it's got to be the Sky-runner.
fletch137
Avengers Assemble

Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:53 am

S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:56 am
If we get a vehicle out of this line in it's got to be the Sky-runner.
Considering how dedicated Flynn was to making Mon*Star properly scaled no matter how obnoxiously big it would be, I'm afraid to do the math to find out how big a scale Skyrunner would be.

Okay, I did the math. Comparing a screencap to the official listed height of the S7 Mon*Star, Skyrunner would be about 80" long, and that's *if* the tail fluke was curved forward like in the screencap.

Having said that, though, yes, Skyrunner absolutely should be the centerpiece vehicle for this line. I know the Miraj is the obvious choice, but once you've got the 'hawks loaded in, you can't see them. The open-top saddle of Skyrunner means you can display it with Mon*Star visibly riding it.

Hopefully he can reign in his scale impulses and make it more along the lines of the old Kenner version.

Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:56 am

Even though SilverHawks has been a dream line of mine for so long, I’ll probably end up canceling my pre order. That paint job just ain’t it. Not for the price they’re asking.
fletch137
Avengers Assemble

Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:06 am

Shartimus Prime got some hands-on time with wave 1 and I think they're looking pretty good.

https://youtu.be/hsNq3iSnux8

I think I have a better idea of what Flynn is going for in the paint and I'm kind of hoping it's just not coming across on camera.

I don't watch a lot of Shartimus so I don't know if he's the type to inflate his enthusiasm, but he was clear that the paint job is much cooler than the renders suggested.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:59 am

I think the paint looks good. When Bryan originally showed the paint, I thought it was good, knowing it was supposed to be like the cartoon/animated series and not the vintage toys. But on Shartimus' video there, I think the paint looks even better, because you can see that it has a shine to it, and it looks cool as light hits it and reflects off it.

Besides the paint, the figures look awesome. Mon*Starr and Buzzsaw are so big.!

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”