Super7: SilverHawks ULTIMATES!

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Burkion
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7: SilverHawks ULTIMATES!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:41 pm

yorick_skirata wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:31 am
Is it me, or the Silverhawks figures seem quite better than the Thundercats?

I really liked Silverhawks when I was a kid. But I absolutely loved Thundercats. It is, by far, my favourite cartoon from my childhood. And I never had Silverhawks toys as a kid, but I had most Thundercats.

Yet, I keep considering getting all the hawks, and so far, only Cheetara has my attention in the Thundercats line (if they really fix her).

I’m not a big fan of Super7 style (everything seems a bit MOTUC, IMO) and I always wanted both IPs in a more current style (something more like NECA). Somehow Silverhawks seems closer to that, IMO..

I wonder if anyone else is feeling the same.
Part of the 'issue', if you don't want the Thundercats to look as MOTUC as they do, is that they're still born from Mattel's Thundercats equivalent line. That initial wave and the aborted one after are still what Super7 have to work off of since they picked those molds up, which I think in the long run was a mistake and they should have started from scratch. But that itself would be difficult to do because the Four Horsemen were the sculptors FOR the line.

Silverhawks on the flip side is way more modern Super7, after they pushed past MOTUC and into their new style thanks to TMNT, and now all the other lines they're putting out. And you can see that new style in Thundercats- I don't think a proper MOTUC style Slithe would look like the one that was just released, nor Captain Cracker for that matter.

So its just kind of an awkward timing for the line and its aesthetics. See also pinless joints VS the original ones
yorick_skirata
Super Poseable

Super7: SilverHawks ULTIMATES!

Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:11 am

PantherCult wrote: Interesting... I feel exactly the opposite. I fervently wish the NECA D&D figures were more like Ultimates (more MOTUC too) and it is that style that makes me such a fan of what Super7 I doing.

I really like what they are doing with Silverhawks, but the Thundercats are great so far. Slithe and Jaga are two of my favorite figures I got this year.
Cool. As Robo always says, different strokes…

I don’t think the Thundercats are bad figures, but they are not my style. I would love these IPs tacked by Storm Collectibles or Medicom (Mafex).
Burkion wrote: Part of the 'issue', if you don't want the Thundercats to look as MOTUC as they do, is that they're still born from Mattel's Thundercats equivalent line. That initial wave and the aborted one after are still what Super7 have to work off of since they picked those molds up, which I think in the long run was a mistake and they should have started from scratch. But that itself would be difficult to do because the Four Horsemen were the sculptors FOR the line.

Silverhawks on the flip side is way more modern Super7, after they pushed past MOTUC and into their new style thanks to TMNT, and now all the other lines they're putting out. And you can see that new style in Thundercats- I don't think a proper MOTUC style Slithe would look like the one that was just released, nor Captain Cracker for that matter.

So its just kind of an awkward timing for the line and its aesthetics. See also pinless joints VS the original ones
Thanks for the explanation.

I hope that after a few more waves, they try some new versions of the main Thundercats.

For now, I’ll probably get the Silverhawks (I’m not interested in the villains), and maybe pick and choose from the Thundercats.
herohunt
CROM!

Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:19 pm

I posted this in the Thundercats thread thinking it was the Silverhawks thread, but I'll post it here too. Sorry if the double post offends anyone. :)

That looks pretty freaking awesome to me! On the website, the throne is listed as being 8” tall and 9” wide. I think the cost is reasonable for something that big.
Toy Hound
Super Poseable

Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:47 pm

I’m loving the Silverhawks line! All in on this one, including the throne. I really thought we would get copper kid on this wave, but I have zero complaints. Is Copper Kid not a favorite? I always thought he was the fan favorite, when I was a kid.
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:12 pm

New SliverHawks talk with Brian Flynn:

http://thefwoosh.com/2021/11/fwooshcast ... ian-flynn/
Toy Hound
Super Poseable

Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:42 pm

So will Super7 do Silverhawks reaction as well? Reaction figures would almost be the same size as the original and dare I say that they could be vac metal as well?
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:32 am

I'm almost certain Brian mentioned that vac metal reaction figures were coming, but I couldn't tell you what video / twitter / instagram post it was in...

...hopefully that's not something I made up in my head, haha.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:58 pm

At first, I impulse ordered the full set of four figures with the throne, but having ordered the full first wave, I really only need one MonStarr and would have no room for that throne. And as cool looking as Windhammer is, I have less and less space in my display and would rather fill that with Mumbo Jumbo or Molecular. So just Bluegrass and Steelwill for me. I'd hope that Mumbo Jumbo and Copper Kid are in wave 3, they're my most wanted to feel complete.
fletch137
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:37 am

NORM wrote:
I really only need one MonStarr and would have no room for that throne.
I really feel you here. That transformed Mon*Star is going to be stupid big and, to be honest, I think the untransformed version is the way cooler looking of the two.

I'm still getting both, though, because I think they're both signature looks for him, but I'm begrudging the amount of shelf space that big-ass, monochromatic version will take up.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:46 am

fletch137 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:37 am
NORM wrote:
I really only need one MonStarr and would have no room for that throne.
I really feel you here. That transformed Mon*Star is going to be stupid big and, to be honest, I think the untransformed version is the way cooler looking of the two.

I'm still getting both, though, because I think they're both signature looks for him, but I'm begrudging the amount of shelf space that big-ass, monochromatic version will take up.
I think you’re not really feeling me, because the big armored MonStarr is the preorder I’m keeping. I canceled the pre-transformation MonStarr.
Toy Hound
Super Poseable

Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:21 pm

I seem to recall in a Fwoosh interview that Super7 would be making Silverhawks reaction as well. Hope we get to see them soon, like maybe next month. Silverhawks reaction would almost just about be like the vintage hawks for size and articulation
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:46 pm

This new figure line is an odd choice for Super7, but I guess they don't feel threatened by the competition. If you're looking for a metallic and not-quite-toon-accurate version, this might be the way to go. But at $89 for a 7 inch figure, I'm much happier with Super7's in-house line.

FlexionDynamo
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:21 am

I do appreciate realizing a figure in a more "realistic" version of a cartoon, (a la NECA Gargoyles) and I'm not poor, but $80-100 is a tough sell for me personally for action figures.

If THAT is the franchise you love, I get it, but man it takes just a little of the joy out of it, as I don't feel the cost to me really is justifiable compared to the $25-$40 options. Even Super7 price points are pushing it.
fletch137
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:14 am

All I want is for Brian Flynn to say "actually, that metallic finish *does* look pretty good" and use that for his line.
dogtownbrigade
Customized

Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:14 pm

People are still upset about the paint on the s7 figures? You're going to get it, wait for the first wave to get released before we get an inevitable toy deco variant. Also, I believe Brian did say the reactions will be vac metal.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”