Super7: SilverHawks ULTIMATES!

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
buffdog
Faster than a speeding bullet
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:53 pm

Re: Super7: SilverHawks ULTIMATES!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:26 pm

Jd1000 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:24 pm
Vac Metal is not cartoon accurate.
If I wasn't obvious enough I am not asking for vac metal. The vast majority of people asking for a metallic paint job are not asking for vac. Vac metal is expensive and complicated. No one expects that, even on Ultimate figs

Marvel Legends Iron Man has a metal finish. Silver Surfer has metallic finish. And flat grey is not cartoon accurate, I don't care how many times S7 says it. They are animated to look metallic. Flat grey they are not
Jd1000
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:50 am

Re: Super7: SilverHawks ULTIMATES!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:47 pm

buffdog wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:26 pm
Jd1000 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:24 pm
Vac Metal is not cartoon accurate.
If I wasn't obvious enough I am not asking for vac metal. The vast majority of people asking for a metallic paint job are not asking for vac. Vac metal is expensive and complicated. No one expects that, even on Ultimate figs

Marvel Legends Iron Man has a metal finish. Silver Surfer has metallic finish. And flat grey is not cartoon accurate, I don't care how many times S7 says it. They are animated to look metallic. Flat grey they are not
I don’t know maybe wait until more pics are shown? He did say there would be some paint changes
User avatar
Baedal
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:07 am

Re: Super7: SilverHawks ULTIMATES!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:11 am

buffdog wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:26 pm
Jd1000 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:24 pm
Vac Metal is not cartoon accurate.
If I wasn't obvious enough I am not asking for vac metal. The vast majority of people asking for a metallic paint job are not asking for vac. Vac metal is expensive and complicated. No one expects that, even on Ultimate figs

Marvel Legends Iron Man has a metal finish. Silver Surfer has metallic finish. And flat grey is not cartoon accurate, I don't care how many times S7 says it. They are animated to look metallic. Flat grey they are not

Yeah, metallic silver paint like this:

Image

Image

And cartoon accurate like this:

Image

Image
User avatar
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1970
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:00 am

Re: Super7: SilverHawks ULTIMATES!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:51 am

It's a good thing Brian said they were looking into a shiny paint then...

I keep seeing people discussing this as if Super 7 isn't already looking into the metallic aspect. It's wait and see for the finished product. It's not like there isn't plenty of time before these things are in stores. Pre-order from BBTS if you're not sure based on the sculpts alone. But I'm willing to bet they're going to look incredible. The accessories and engineering already look amazing.
Jd1000
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:50 am

Re: Super7: SilverHawks ULTIMATES!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:20 am

Rex Mason wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:51 am
It's a good thing Brian said they were looking into a shiny paint then...

I keep seeing people discussing this as if Super 7 isn't already looking into the metallic aspect. It's wait and see for the finished product. It's not like there isn't plenty of time before these things are in stores. Pre-order from BBTS if you're not sure based on the sculpts alone. But I'm willing to bet they're going to look incredible. The accessories and engineering already look amazing.
Agreed. Initially I didn’t care because they looked good to me but I’m guessing the final product will look real nice
User avatar
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 17363
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:13 pm

Re: Super7: SilverHawks ULTIMATES!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:45 am

buffdog wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:10 pm
I haven't had time to listen to Dan's interview yet. Is Super7 really committed to a metal look on these? All I've read till now points to them being extremely stubborn and wanting to stick with a flat grey scheme, claiming it's more "cartoon accurate". I'm hoping they back of on that stance and actually invest in making these figs as amazing looking as possible. My $20 Silver Surfer has a "silver" look, I'm really hoping for something similar on my $55 SILVERhawks.
The Ultimates toy style Voltron has a great looking metallic paint job, so if they can get close to that (or better), the figures will be even better.
User avatar
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 12:22 am

Re: Super7: SilverHawks ULTIMATES!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:05 pm

Veebs' interview with Brian is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxEXs1xWVZs
Jd1000
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:50 am

Re: Super7: SilverHawks ULTIMATES!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:31 pm

Good interview. Brian seems to be working hard to make the silver hawks the best and most accurate he can. I appreciate companies that try to hold true to the original source material.
User avatar
The Scream Man
Throw Another DCUC on the Barbie!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 8023
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:33 am

Re: Super7: SilverHawks ULTIMATES!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:42 pm

Has anyone asked if they can look up, so they can do good flying poses?
User avatar
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.
Posts: 21284
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:38 pm

Re: Super7: SilverHawks ULTIMATES!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:31 am

Yes.
User avatar
MollyMillions
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 742
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:59 am

Re: Super7: SilverHawks ULTIMATES!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:23 pm

The Scream Man wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:42 pm
Has anyone asked if they can look up, so they can do good flying poses?
Came up in several interviews during this press storm.

You will be able to. Will you be able to hit 90 degrees? Brian said probably not, talking of aesthetics and sculpt.
User avatar
The Scream Man
Throw Another DCUC on the Barbie!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 8023
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:33 am

Re: Super7: SilverHawks ULTIMATES!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:24 pm

Awesome :)
Toy Hound
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:06 pm

Re: Super7: SilverHawks ULTIMATES!

Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:20 am

I think this will be one of those lines that just hits it out of the park and people that didn’t want to buy, based on the first few images, might be upset that they didn’t jump in, on the line. So far I have not regretted a single Ultimates! Purchase. Super7 has my wallet!
User avatar
jonaskane
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:26 am

Re: Super7: SilverHawks ULTIMATES!

Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:07 pm

I picked up a Quicksilver and Copper Kid from the original line this past weekend. I've been so stoked about the Ultimates that I'm now going to try to track down the originals as well (which I had as a kid, of course, but...).
User avatar
Last Archer
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Fresno, California
Posts: 179
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:22 am

Re: Super7: SilverHawks ULTIMATES!

Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:02 pm

jonaskane wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:07 pm
I picked up a Quicksilver and Copper Kid from the original line this past weekend. I've been so stoked about the Ultimates that I'm now going to try to track down the originals as well (which I had as a kid, of course, but...).
I started that task a couple of years ago.
Your wallet has my sincerest condolences.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”