Neca - Defenders of the Earth

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Neca - Defenders of the Earth

Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:03 pm

gyrapados wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:13 am
badbot98 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:43 pm
Any Target sightings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I found two Phantoms, two Flash Gordon’s, and 3 Mings at Target today in NE GA.
Just curious, were they at the $30 price point?
CO_Alex
Avengers Assemble

Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:44 pm

Mr potatohead wrote:
gyrapados wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:13 am
badbot98 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:43 pm
Any Target sightings?

Yes I found two Phantoms, two Flash Gordon’s, and 3 Mings at Target today in NE GA.
Just curious, were they at the $30 price point?
Yes. I believe Walmart had them at $29.99.

Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:39 pm

Found Ming last week and Phantom today at another Target. Decided to grab Flash after getting Ming online since I managed to get one for retail with shipping and he'll be here today. Decided to wait on Phantom since he's double or more online, but the one I got had a broken elbow (where the pin inserts the elbow joint to the bicep, the ring was torn). I was being all careful like and everything, looks like it was just torn out of the gate also kind of molded janky and the heavy paint was holding it together until the hairdryer loosened things up. The lower portion of the elbow where it pins to the forearm is still stuck and I'm not even going to risk it. Stuck hips too. Everything was fine on Ming though. Good enough to convince me to go in on these.

Ran right back to Target to find all the DotE figures specifically cleaned out. NICE!!! Like 30-minutes or less could have transpired. So I glued the cracked pin ring back together, reassembled things and said screw it. Contacted NECA CS but am not expecting anything from them. Maybe if I'm lucky and the NECA gods are smiling on me I'll manage to grab another (BTW I was there right as the NECA rep was putting things out so it was 3 of each character. That's pretty much the only time you'll find anything around me).
The Gill-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:26 pm

Was in a Wally that typically has NOTHING in the collector section, and I almost didn't even bother to check after I'd perused the toy aisle, but I figured what the heck. Glad I did, as they had Flash & Ming! Best of all, both rang up at $11!!! So far, no real issues with them. The joints were really tight on Flash, but after some gentle-but-firm pressure, I got them moving. Very happy to have finally scored these! Now I'm keeping my eyes peeled for Phantom.
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:49 pm

NECA CS recommend an email contact to see if they had a spare arm. Managed to pry the lower part of the elbow free from the forearm. So much paint caked in that joint that it was practically glued shut. Looks like the whole figure is a pale off white color and then painted. I don't feel brave enough to tackle the hips just yet but now I see Toy Bro's point in his reviews. He said he had to dismantle the entire figure to get it moving.

However, I still am getting a huge nostalgia buzz from these. I consider wonky assembly and QC issues a NECA thing that has to creep up every now and then and unfortunately this line drew the short straw for that. I had Flash and Mandrake as a kid. Man I was really into Mandrake when that show came out. Can't wait to get him and Lothar. I see the show is on Amazon Prime video so I'll have to rewatch the series. I haven't given this line a single thought since 1985 either. Now let's relaunch Inhumanoids!
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:15 pm

Zombie F-Body wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:49 pm
Now let's relaunch Inhumanoids!
I'd be down with some sort of Robotix reboot as well :D
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:24 pm

dang it!!! i keep checking all my walmarts and targets for months and still can't find these figures.... and worst people who do find them got them at cheap prices?!?! son of a.... i hate my stores...
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:45 am

I saw the three at Target tonight in Columbus, GA. I got the last Ming and there were two of Phantom and Flash Gordon left. I thought long and hard if I wanted to start another action figure line. I decided to since I loved the series and I have the DVD. They all look great in package. I will probably open them this weekend. Hopefully they will explore doing the characters from the DVD which had Sinbad and even Hercules.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:14 am

Was looking for turtles today and saw a bunch of ming and Flash Gordon but no phantom finally found one at a Walmart end display were two phantoms and that was it. Great figure but the toe on him is really loose but besides that he is fine
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:48 am

Checked one of my targets this morning before work and found nothing... went to another after work and... also nothing.... moving on... sigh...
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:18 pm

ok so a bit of good news, went to a target by my work and low and behold i found them!!! sadly the phantom was gone, all they had was 1 flash and 3 mings.
i'm glad to see at least they are here so the hunt continues.
legendkiller533
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:34 pm

I found 2 phantoms and gordons at one target, and 2 at another plus 2 mings, so they seem to be hitting all around. I only picked up a phantom since he was the one i had as a kid, was very gentle with everything and no major issues. The bottom of his left elbo joint is pretty tight but i can move the upper one so im not that worried
Poe Ghostal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:53 pm

I don't have it in my hands yet, but thanks to a friend my Phantom has been secured. Time to start warming up some water to take him apart and then put him back together once he gets here.
Detrimental_Fig
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:53 pm

Saw my Target had gotten the Defenders too. Looked like 2-3 of everyone there.
twehner31
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:03 am

The Gill-Man wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:26 pm
Was in a Wally that typically has NOTHING... they had Flash & Ming! Best of all, both rang up at $11!!!
I can corroborate this- hit a WallyWorld passing through Rock Springs WY: found 2 complete sets in the Electronics/Collectibles section. Phantom rang up at $29.96 but both Flash and Ming were only $11.

So there is still a Phantom on the shelf for the next lucky/poor bastard who finds himself in Rock Springs WY!

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”