Creative Beast Studio - Dinosaurs and Dragons

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Creative Beast Studio - Dinosaurs and Dragons

Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:58 pm

panther10 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:08 pm
I’ve finally caved and decided to order the Adult Triceratops from this line. I’m not gonna go whole hog because the entire ceratopsian wave alone would cost about $1000. But I’ll settle for the Adult Trike and the 1/18th scale Adult T-Rex when it’s available. Maybe even an Albertosaurus or Tarbosaurus.

The adult Trike, the Rex, and a velociraptor are what I've been considering for a while, although the mixed scales of 1:18 versus 1:6 on the raptors I'm looking at are a sticking point. Still not sure which velociraptor I like best. I'd definitely already have a raptor if they had made a twelfth scale version.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:10 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
panther10 wrote:
I’ve finally caved and decided to order the Adult Triceratops from this line. I’m not gonna go whole hog because the entire ceratopsian wave alone would cost about $1000. But I’ll settle for the Adult Trike and the 1/18th scale Adult T-Rex when it’s available. Maybe even an Albertosaurus or Tarbosaurus.

The adult Trike, the Rex, and a velociraptor are what I've been considering for a while, although the mixed scales of 1:18 versus 1:6 on the raptors I'm looking at are a sticking point. Still not sure which velociraptor I like best. I'd definitely already have a raptor if they had made a twelfth scale version.
I’m steering clear of the raptors because I’m still not on board with feathered dinos. I know I’m not supposed to debate science but I’m just like…”please let me have my non feathered dinosaurs? I need this to be the exception to the rule.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:32 pm

panther10 wrote:
I’m steering clear of the raptors because I’m still not on board with feathered dinos. I know I’m not supposed to debate science but I’m just like…”please let me have my non feathered dinosaurs? I need this to be the exception to the rule.”

Ever seen the feet of an ostrich or an emu? When you look at them out of context from the feathered part of the body I'd buy them as the feet of most two-legged dinos including Rex.

I agree that the feathers take them from awesome-looking to awkward-looking though, so yea, I get not wanting a feathered dino. Luckily we know enough about many of them to think they weren't all feathered, at least not heavily so. I know the one extremely well-preserved Carnotaur specimen had multiple impressions of scaled skin but no evidence of feathers at all.

cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:36 am

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:58 pm
panther10 wrote:

I know it's sort of the opposite direction that you'd prefer for scale, but he is releasing 1/18 raptors early next year, so you could at least have all three in the same scale.
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:15 am

I'm very tempted by the Dino-Riders homage, but sure wish it was available in the smaller scale too! I'm assuming this and the WWD versions are the exclusives this time?
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:12 pm

The Tyrannosaur Kickstarter is up!

Also, a tease of what's to come:
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:22 pm

Megazarak wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:12 pm
Also, a tease of what's to come:

Sounds like he wants to do some kind of dinosaur/dragon futuristic mash-up next. I've seen some of his dragon sculpts so not too surprising.

No idea yet if I want the Rexes. Leaning towards no, but there's a month to decide. I can see myself regretting it so I should probably just do it, but with that whole static leg situation I can see him doing a 2.0 version once he figures out how to optimize the balance on larger figures.
panther10

Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:24 pm

Yeeeesh those 1/18 scale rex figs are expensive. It’s as good as bought but I’m only getting one. I’d normally opt for a male and female but that’s not in the cards this time.

AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:44 pm

panther10 wrote:
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
panther10 wrote:

The Jurassic World no-feathered Raptors fill that need for me. I've got the green and tan one, but missed out on Blue fruitlessly hoping she'd go on sale. They mix well with the 4 BotM feather-chickens I have, being almost identically-sized and articulated.
panther10

Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:09 pm

AdrienVeidt wrote:
panther10 wrote:
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
The Jurassic World no-feathered Raptors fill that need for me. I've got the green and tan one, but missed out on Blue fruitlessly hoping she'd go on sale. They mix well with the 4 BotM feather-chickens I have, being almost identically-sized and articulated.
Oh yeah I have like 30 of those raptors because I keep buying them in packs (with the exception of the raptor squad from Jurassic World.

GrumpyMatt
Avengers Assemble

Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:31 pm

Backed for the 1/18 special edition Rex this morning but I'm not sure I'm loving the deco. Not super high on the regular release deco either, if I'm completely honest. The 1/35 special edition is my favorite deco of the initial four but I def want 1/18 scale.

I'm hoping there's a surprise in the stretch goals.

In any event, this looks like it's going to be fully backed by tonight. Glad to see the strong show of support.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:01 pm

GrumpyMatt wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:31 pm
Backed for the 1/18 special edition Rex this morning but I'm not sure I'm loving the deco. Not super high on the regular release deco either, if I'm completely honest. The 1/35 special edition is my favorite deco of the initial four but I def want 1/18 scale.

I'm hoping there's a surprise in the stretch goals.

In any event, this looks like it's going to be fully backed by tonight. Glad to see the strong show of support.
That green Rex reminds me of Earl's friend Roy on the show Dinosaurs.
https://images.app.goo.gl/G9YMs7QdwJwPkAT3A
DutyBeforeAll
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:46 pm

Wonder if. Jurassic Park style tan or green with black stripes is possible?
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:59 pm

panther10 wrote:
AdrienVeidt wrote:
panther10 wrote:

Oh yeah I have like 30 of those raptors because I keep buying them in packs (with the exception of the raptor squad from Jurassic World.
Are we talking about the same no-feathers? You've got 30 of the $30 Amber Collection ones? I'd *love* to see pics of that pack, mate.

And now that I've had a chance to looksee the campaign, I'm just gonna commit to enough for the qualifying the postcard set and the Guanlong wucaii. I'd be down for Yutyrannus huali and even the Dilong paradoxus in the BackerKit.
panther10

Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:52 pm

AdrienVeidt wrote:
panther10 wrote:
AdrienVeidt wrote: The Jurassic World no-feathered Raptors fill that need for me. I've got the green and tan one, but missed out on Blue fruitlessly hoping she'd go on sale. They mix well with the 4 BotM feather-chickens I have, being almost identically-sized and articulated.
Are we talking about the same no-feathers? You've got 30 of the $30 Amber Collection ones? I'd *love* to see pics of that pack, mate.

And now that I've had a chance to looksee the campaign, I'm just gonna commit to enough for the qualifying the postcard set and the Guanlong wucaii. I'd be down for Yutyrannus huali and even the Dilong paradoxus in the BackerKit.
I’m about to sit down for dinner but yeah I can take a quick pic before I go to bed tonight. I might be exaggerating when I said I have 30 of these guys though. But I have 8 of the tiger stripe raptors, 7 of the JP raptors, one of each raptor squad member and then 4 of the upcoming JP3 male.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”