Animal Warriors of the Kingdom - Primal Series 6" KS - Live Now!

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Animal Warriors of the Kingdom - Primal Series 6" KS - Live Now!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:03 pm

Megazarak wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:03 pm
Wave 3

Wave 4

Future Waves
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:05 pm

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Ash Talon wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:59 pm
Hopefully, Jason is willing to take some critiques about things like the continued "abuse" of asymmetry and adjust before future waves come out.
I find Jason to be a sponge for well-reasoned arguments given respectfully. I'm thinking he's become busier than normal due to this KS and maybe slower to respond because of it.
It's also a matter of the critiques getting to where Jason is. Not sure which sites/groups he frequents or how often he reads. And it would be ungodly arrogant to email the guy and be like 'here's the things I don't really like.' :lol:
Shreddar
Super Poseable

Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:47 am

I must have missed the wave 2 figure reveals. I only see 3 and 4 posted. Can anyone help me find the wave 2?

Also, wow! I love love love that he’s showing what the future waves will be, even though it’s probably years in advance.

I’m at a massive decision point with S7 TMNT since they’re very stingy about announcing what will come in the future until preorder is ready, even though it’s already figured out and planned for years. It’s a marketing technique to trickle out buzz and interest and keep people talking.

My problem is I was planning to go all in on S7 turtles, because even though I don’t know what’s coming, and don’t know if I’ll want to be all in, I assumed I could sell what I bought, and at least break even after eBay fees/shipping. But that’s not going to be the case as S7 decided to re-open the turtles preorders and devalue the extra figures that I pre-ordered, and pre-paid in full, to support their company. It’s not scalping, the figures would not have been produced otherwise, and I figured if I decided to exit the line, I can sell them all for Enough money over retail to cover fees, shipping, etc.

But, now that won’t be the case and if S7 doesn’t make a few of the figures I’d adored, then I’ll sell all of my S7 figures and re-buy the playmates vintage line. They’re a totally different thing, obviously, a 30 year old used 5.5” figure versus 7” modern, but my attachment is to the characters, which if S7 doesnt make, I’ll need to go back to playmates vintage, and I don’t have shelf space for 2 different turtle lines.

My mom threw away all of my old turtles and I hit a point to either go S7 or rebuy playmates and I trusted S7 to at least retain value for resale. But they won’t hold resale due to extra releases, and I’m not sure if they’ll make the few figures I “need” to re-live my childhood shelf. So I feel not good at S7 for reasons that are opposite of what this line is doing — which I am loving!

Don’t mean to turn this into a S7 bash, not my intention, just to compliment Jason for being willing to forgo marketing tactics and reveal everything up front. It makes me more interested in his line since I love where it’s going!
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:53 am

Wave 2 are the stretch goals that unlocked during the KS, so Blight, Lexion, Khor Doon, and Thane. I guess unofficially Vero Atlas as well.
Longbowhunter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:05 am

I wanna throw a Jedi-Robe on the rabbit and make him a High Republic era ancestor of Jaxxon and the Hyena dude is gonna get an extra Harley mallet and join the Jokerz gang.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:41 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:05 pm
AdrienVeidt wrote:
Ash Talon wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:59 pm
Hopefully, Jason is willing to take some critiques about things like the continued "abuse" of asymmetry and adjust before future waves come out.
I find Jason to be a sponge for well-reasoned arguments given respectfully. I'm thinking he's become busier than normal due to this KS and maybe slower to respond because of it.
It's also a matter of the critiques getting to where Jason is. Not sure which sites/groups he frequents or how often he reads. And it would be ungodly arrogant to email the guy and be like 'here's the things I don't really like.' :lol:
I was just thinking of tactfully commenting on the Kickstarter page in the questions area.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:48 pm

Ash Talon wrote: I was just thinking of tactfully commenting on the Kickstarter page in the questions area.
Oh, for sure. I was just talking about trying to put together a well-reasoned argument for or against certain things rather than just a quick 'please make tails.' I guess if enough people are saying it it'll matter. If Jason is reading all the posts.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”