Animal Warriors of the Kingdom - Primal Series 6" KS - Live Now!

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Animal Warriors of the Kingdom - Primal Series 6

Mon May 17, 2021 9:20 pm

scribb wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 12:27 pm
I'm in the same boat as many of the comments on the Kickstarter page- I'm now getting charged more postage costs despite just trying to get in the Backer kit what I originally pledged for.

I've asked a question through the Backer kit but no reply. Seems wrong to charge me an extra $7. Especially as others are having the opposite problem- having credit left at the end!
I think Jason may have heard about this and changed something. He is commenting on the Kickstarter page. I owed an extra $7 too. I just logged into Backerkit and now I no longer owe $7. All of the items I previously selected are still selected, but the extra charge is gone. I had not submitted the Bakerkit yet.
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Animal Warriors of the Kingdom - Primal Series 6

Wed May 19, 2021 9:17 pm

christianpyro wrote:
scribb wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 12:27 pm
I'm in the same boat as many of the comments on the Kickstarter page- I'm now getting charged more postage costs despite just trying to get in the Backer kit what I originally pledged for.

I've asked a question through the Backer kit but no reply. Seems wrong to charge me an extra $7. Especially as others are having the opposite problem- having credit left at the end!
I think Jason may have heard about this and changed something. He is commenting on the Kickstarter page. I owed an extra $7 too. I just logged into Backerkit and now I no longer owe $7. All of the items I previously selected are still selected, but the extra charge is gone. I had not submitted the Bakerkit yet.
Thanks for posting this. I emailed Jason after he sent his email address out in a KS update, but didn't get a reply.

After reading your post I log back into the Backerkit to see a complimentary credit added to make up the shortfall!

Good man, Jason.
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Animal Warriors of the Kingdom - Primal Series 6" KS - Live Now!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:17 am

Currently an interview going on with some new reveals for waves 3 and 4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKRO7FqG0IQ

Will update with pics below as they're revealed.

Wave 3. 2 figures with reused parts and 2 figures comprised of new parts.
Mala will come with some magic/elemental effects.

Wave 4
Raving here may have soft goods to maintain articulation.
2-pack
King Hannibal will be the next Savage class figure. These will appear every other wave, next one will be in wave 6.
Said to be as tall as Thane but not quite as thick.

Not entirely sure if these 2 are wave 4, but they were mentioned after Hannibal.
First reptilian in the line, the Komodo Dragon that was previously mentioned (he kinda looks like Zilla).
Being nude there is making the lack of tail look real odd. Was asked about tails, was a conscious decision not to include them for parts sharing, and to be able to sit.
Discussed the possibility of an Alligator, would perhaps be a Savage class.

In terms of vehicles, things no bigger than a horse, or Kah Lee's hover machine from the comics.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:26 am

Cool, rabbit! At the risk of sounding like a furry I'd dig it if they made a fox. (Also if we don't get a samurai rabbit what's even the point.)

EDIT: Well that was a Swift return on that request.

Raving's awesome too! What's the release method for these? Are these another Kickstarter, or what?
Grins
Avengers Assemble

Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:18 am

Ooo! I backed this thing, but wasn't wowed by any of the figures. They were all good and professional looking. I'm just saying that I wasn't extra impressed by any... but that komodo dragon? :drool:
I think that's what I was really hoping for without even knowing it.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:04 pm

The Jaguar looks terrific. The rabbit is absolutely super fun. And of course I can't wait for Mala. The head for the hyena might be one of my favorite ones so far. Looks fierce.
I want to like the Raven more than I do. Maybe I'll like it more in plastic and without the armor - if it's removeable. I think it's weird to put shoulder armor on a creature that flies with its arms.
I looooove the wolf knight, but I haaaaate that he's part of a two-pack with a fox, since I don't care about the fox at all.
King Hannibal is [email protected]#$ awesome.
The komodo dragon is okay. I'm not as into it as some people seem to be. While I would prefer all the relevant figures in this line to have tails, the lack of a tail on the komodo dragon seems especially grievous.

Totally a personal taste thing too but.. the asymmetry of most of the designs is a bit much. I don't mind asymmetry, but if it's repeated over and over, especially in really similar ways, it starts to drive me crazy. Even the knight seems like he's going to have an asymmetrical color scheme even though he's got symmetrical armor. Like.. why? Not -everything- has to be like that. But like I said, that's definitely a -me- thing and not a 'they're doing this objectively wrong' thing.

Unfortunately, and despite the occasional mention it gets, I think the 1:18 line is dead, or at least relegated to the occasional new figure. This KS is clearly more popular than the previous two combined. It's obvious that Spero is ready with a big rollout and is going to put a lot of resources into making these. I don't see them splitting their resources to also continue on with the less popular 1:18 figures. It wouldn't really make much sense for them to do so, from a business perspective. I get that. But it's a bummer, because I like both lines.
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:12 pm

During that interview there was a small mention of the 1/18 line. But ya, definitely going to take a back seat to this line though.

I agree about the asymmetry, it was a cool little thing that seemed to start with the stretch goals, but since then it seems like every figure has an asymmetrical design (actually I just looked, they all do. Even Kah Lee's right hand woman, though her's is more subtle). Asymmetry I don't even mind so much, but the mismatched looks are starting to look weird. Like why does the komodo dragon have mismatched shin armour? And Hannibal looks like a gladiator more than he does a king, especially with the one part shin armour and one part almost foot wrap, which I think looks odd. With how regal Kah Lee looks, and even Atreiu, who's from the same kingdom as his down in the dumps dad (apparently), you'd think the king would dress a bit more sharply.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:45 pm

Also.. someone needs to take Jason's pauldron machine away. Because, to your point about Hannibal, really -every- character looks like a gladiator. And it's weird to me because the 'gladiator-look' is actually a rarity in real history (I know I bang on about historical correctness all the time, but it's our -only- frame of reference for how and why people use armor and weapons). Quite honestly, in combat your shoulders are just not so vulnerable compared to the rest of your body that they're one of the most important things to protect.

More characters should have helmeted head options, because helmets were actually the most common kind of armor in history after shields. Followed by armor for the torso. And anyone wearing big plate armor pieces all over their right arm better be coming with a shield for the left side. Purely in terms of a kit that makes sense, the wolf knight is probably the best figure in the new group. Looks more like he's actually dressed for battle. I'd just prefer something be done with the color choices (asymmetrical colors and, in my opinion, armor colors being way too close to fur/skin colors -- I passed on Atreyu because he looks more like a lion-themed Iron Man suit than a creature with fur wearing pieces of armor).

Anyway.. yadda yadda.. no one is allowed to complain about it because it's fantasy and 'it's fantasy' excuses everything and nothing has to make any sense at all. I know, I know. It still bugs me, though.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:51 pm

These dudes got more pauldrons than Space Marines.

Weird that the raven has pauldrons but honestly I was so hyped about the takuhatsugasa that I never got past it. Raven monk!
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:33 am

These look great. But I do wish Jason would add tails. I think they would all look better with tails.
electricidad
I wish I had super powers

Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:19 pm

I backed this kickstarter for the non-ape characters. The feline characters look great, and are super customizable. This company has consistently under-promised and over-delivered. They shipped extra weapons as a gift to the kickstarter backers; and in the deluxe wave, they made it a point to ship the standard-sized figures when they got 'em, so we didn't have to wait for them to ship with the deluxe figures.

I'm on board for whatever these guys do next. I can't wait for waves 3-4. Some cool, solid-looking characters down the pipeline. According to the Youtube thing they did the other night, they're still open to doing General Mambu in the Primal line. He'd look incredible at a six-inch scale.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:59 pm

I think some of these characters would just look better with tails. I don't really care about making these figures sit, so that's not a good excuse for them to not have tails. I understand reuse and not every character needing a tail (like the apes), but the lack of tails on other characters stands out (the felines, the lizard).

The asymmetry on almost every character is a bit much. It shouldn't be the majority of characters and only used infrequently.

I agree with KD about the Wolf Knight being in a 2pk. Not sure why a 2pk is being used to release anybody. Based on the Wolf Knight having one red eye, I assume he's actually a character and not a troop builder. Again with the asymmetry. If he was symmetric (eyes and shin) and by himself, I could see getting a few of him.

Overall, I continue to be impressed with this line. It'll be interesting to get them in hand and see how they turn out. I went all-in (with extras) via the Backerkit, so I'm kind of invested in the line. Anthropomorphic warriors are always interesting. Hopefully, Jason is willing to take some critiques about things like the continued "abuse" of asymmetry and adjust before future waves come out.
Raptor86
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:49 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
I think some of these characters would just look better with tails. I don't really care about making these figures sit, so that's not a good excuse for them to not have tails. I understand reuse and not every character needing a tail (like the apes), but the lack of tails on other characters stands out (the felines, the lizard).

The asymmetry on almost every character is a bit much. It shouldn't be the majority of characters and only used infrequently.

I agree with KD about the Wolf Knight being in a 2pk. Not sure why a 2pk is being used to release anybody. Based on the Wolf Knight having one red eye, I assume he's actually a character and not a troop builder. Again with the asymmetry. If he was symmetric (eyes and shin) and by himself, I could see getting a few of him.

Overall, I continue to be impressed with this line. It'll be interesting to get them in hand and see how they turn out. I went all-in (with extras) via the Backerkit, so I'm kind of invested in the line. Anthropomorphic warriors are always interesting. Hopefully, Jason is willing to take some critiques about things like the continued "abuse" of asymmetry and adjust before future waves come out.
Yes, the tail on the reptile body should be a given. What else could you re-use it for? Lizards, crocodiles, dragons...all characters that definitely need a tail!
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:50 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
Hopefully, Jason is willing to take some critiques about things like the continued "abuse" of asymmetry and adjust before future waves come out.
I find Jason to be a sponge for well-reasoned arguments given respectfully. I'm thinking he's become busier than normal due to this KS and maybe slower to respond because of it.
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:03 pm

Jason posted some nicer and cleaner pics in a KS update. I'll post them below and quote it all to the top of the next page since we're almost there.

Wave 3

Wave 4

Future Waves

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”