McFarlane The Princess Bride

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane The Princess Bride

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:07 pm

Wow took a while to find this thread.
Anyways went by target this morning before work and I found figures are out in Miami. Looks like only one case was out as all I found was a lone Montoya and a buttercup left on the peg.
Scanned them and they’re still $24.99 so if you want and haven’t use it yet you can use the 25% off offer they have .
spinc
Avengers Assemble

Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:30 am

Funny, I'm more excited to use mine as Zorro than anything related to the movie. And with the new black horse that's coming out with the DKR wave, we're getting Tornado, everybody!

It's almost like Todd is making an El Zorro figure without making an el zorro (and paying the rights!)
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:15 pm

spinc wrote:
Funny, I'm more excited to use mine as Zorro than anything related to the movie. And with the new black horse that's coming out with the DKR wave, we're getting Tornado, everybody!

It's almost like Todd is making an El Zorro figure without making an el zorro (and paying the rights!)
I know right! I’m going to need to get another baf horse to make it my tornado!

After checking the first target, I went to another target and low and behold I found pirate roberts. Overall great figure, joints are tight and the sword can be placed in the sheath. One thing to note, the sheath is the hard plastic but it’s the same as the Witcher game figures where it’s hallow on the other side.

Now to decide whether to get a cloth cape or go plastic? Still looking for a hat for him, I’m not good with sculpting small items.
Grins
Avengers Assemble

Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:49 pm

I saw these in person today and was surprised how smooth the transition was from plastic to fabric on Buttercup's dress. Definitely going to enjoy these when I get them.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:57 am

spinc wrote:

Zorro, combined with Savage He-man (Tarzan) and Neca's Flash Gordon, All seven inch figures, that is my UHF cartoon shelf. Just need Captain Harlock and Battle of the Planets. :drool:
SYNNER
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:01 am

I picked up Inigo and Westley today.

The Good: Inigo looks great! the sculpt is on point and the tunic/ vest thing that he wears covers up the awkward-looking hip/leg articulation. I was worried about the articulation on Westley's arms (with the billowy sleeves on his blouse), but it actually works really well. It comes up to a full 90 degrees. I am super impressed.

The Not So Good: Westley has tiny little feet for some reason. It's a good thing these figures come with stands.

The Bad: Look carefully at the paint on your Dread Pirate Roberts figure's face. This one could have been better. He doesn't quite have the appearance of stubble so much as he looks like someone smeared shit in his face and then gave him a Dirty Sanchez.
Attachments
PXL_20211031_025117411.MP~2.jpg
PXL_20211031_025117411.MP~2.jpg (1.16 MiB) Viewed 886 times
PXL_20211031_025114092~2.jpg
PXL_20211031_025114092~2.jpg (212.63 KiB) Viewed 886 times
PresidentJuggernaut
Customized

Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:11 pm

Saw these for the first time at Target, only a handful of Dread Pirate Roberts and a single Inigo Montoya. I picked up both figures, they look good but the "stubble" paint on Wesley is not good and not consistent. I picked the best looking of the figures, but they all looked a bit shitsmeared to varying degrees.
Aggro Ninja
Super Poseable

Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:20 am

Found these figures in store and found them less than impressive. Buttercup looked nothing like Robin Wright, Westley looked like he had crap smeared on his face and his sword was badly warped, and both Inigos that were there had their eyes painted so they're constantly looking left. At the asking price they needed a few extra hand options, particularly gripping left hands for Westley and Inigo. I picked up Inigo just because I really like the character but I'm finding it to be a disappointing figure.
jonaskane
Avengers Assemble

Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:03 pm

Saw all but Fezzik at Target this morning.

They're not completely wonderful, but they'll do.
PresidentJuggernaut
Customized

Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:08 pm

Messing around with these out of the package, the figures don't look great together, particularly because of the head size discrepancy. Wesley has a tiny pin head, and Inigo might be a tad oversized. It's dramatic enough that they really don't look like figures from the same line. Wesley's head is maybe 40% smaller.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”