McFarlane Avatar and Korra 2021 Toyline.

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Maximoff
no more subnics
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:39 pm

No one can really sit so no great way to get them all on Appa. I really do love all these figures. Having them all together is really great and I’m enjoying messing around with them. Even though Appa is mostly a statue and undersized, I do love it. I don’t think we’ll get a bigger or better one than this so I’ll make peace with his drawbacks.

NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: McFarlane Avatar and Korra 2021 Toyline.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:53 pm

this was posted on insta, it looks like aang is the same as zuko, hard to tell by the pose.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:41 pm

I plan to use the Loyal Subjects with the McF Appa to get better scaling since the BXT Aang is smaller. Anyone have shots of him with Appa?
crimsondragon
Avengers Assemble

Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:57 pm

Oof…

Very disappointing how huge these are. I was hoping to upgrade from the fragile Diamond figures but now, idk.

My current display looks pretty good if I don’t touch them. Image

I don’t know if I can overlook either the kids and adults all being 7” or having the adults turn out to be 9”. Image
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:15 pm

Zuko is definitely taller than Aang. Aang comes up just past Zuko's shoulder armor.

Zuko's my favorite of the two, though mine came with the shoulder armor missing a chunk in the back. Gonna need to look into getting the Gold Label version now, just to hopefully have one that isn't damaged.

I like Aang too, but I think the gritting teeth expression is too extreme for when he's not in the Avatar State. Would've like a different expression on him. And I wish the air scooter effect had been designed a bit differently. Haven't been able to get a decent pose with it in the short time I've had this.

Ready for more characters in this scale!
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:19 pm

NEW BATMAN wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:53 pm
this was posted on insta, it looks like aang is the same as zuko, hard to tell by the pose.
Thanks a lot, ya jerk! I just ordered Aang from Amazon, lol. :lol:

I definitely will NOT be doing the 7" line (unless the adults are more comparable to the 5" line than the 5" adults), but Aang's my favorite ATLAB character, so that definitely looks good enough to stand on his own apart from the main collection. He can hang out with the BST AXN lol.

mattmurdog wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:41 pm
I plan to use the Loyal Subjects with the McF Appa to get better scaling since the BXT Aang is smaller. Anyone have shots of him with Appa?
If someone doesn't beat me to it, I can get some when I get home tonight.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:17 pm

lol ... my bad.. another one...
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:51 pm

and even more pics of the 7" figures and the 5" line.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:00 pm

Aang arrived. Height is correct with zuko. I really want the 7” line to work out because the articulation is great. 5” line is cute but I love these 7” figures.

Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:07 pm

Nice to finally see them side by side. While Zuko is huge relative to other lines, so long as the line scales with itself that's something positive.
kboe1313
Super Poseable

Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:27 pm

Megazarak wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:07 pm
Nice to finally see them side by side. While Zuko is huge relative to other lines, so long as the line scales with itself that's something positive.
It's a relief Aang is shorter than Zuko! Not sure how their gonna do the adults. Probably gonna be the same height as Zuko, but we'll see.
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:37 pm

Realistically, which adults would they even make? Seems like Ozai and Iroh, and Iroh wouldn't be a problem. Ozai would probably need to be hitting that 8"+ mark to work right though.
Most of the Korra cast are around adult height though, so I wonder if they would scale with Aang and friends, assuming they get made.
kboe1313
Super Poseable

Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:48 pm

I'd love to get some fire nation, earth kingdom soldiers, Admiral Zhao, Boomie, and Hakoda (Katara's father). Now how deep Mcfarlane will actually go with this line idk, please be deeper than Star Trek of GoT. With the DC Multiverse money, maybe Mcfarlane can afford to support lower selling lines longer than in the past.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:37 am

If they made sparky sparky boom boom man he would be massive.

But I think mostly Korra. Lots of adult characters. Mostly the bad guys. And as late teens/young adults some would be already at 8” tall in this scale. If they brought down these first two figures by half to one inch I feel they would have an easier time scaling future characters.
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:02 pm

I think Zuko is just too tall. But it could be due to planned reuse of that body for Fire Nation Soldiers. Aang looks about right.
Still don't like their heads, but that's a separate issue.
With Korra, the cast may be young but they are all full grown.
Korra is just fairly average height, I'd guess about 5'6". She looks short next to Tenzin who is very tall, at least 6'2". And Tenzin is taller than Bumi who reads about 6' to me. And Kya is about Korra's heights. But Korra's only a hair shorter than Bolin who I'd put at about 5'8"; roughly the same height as Lin, Su, and Asami. Mako is the tallest but he's about 5'10-5'11". And even with the time skip in season 3 these are consistent heights. And they are definitely "adults" by that time.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”