McFarlane Avatar and Korra 2021 Toyline.

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
kboe1313
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Avatar and Korra 2021 Toyline.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:41 am

Man he's huge. Thats a big bummer.
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:45 am

He really is huge. I was not expecting him to be that big.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:47 am

The 5" line seems like the way to go imo. Wider range of characters and they are closer to scale with other lines. Also the price! The articulation is less, but they don't seem bad.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:51 am

Maximoff wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:09 pm
I’m not big on permanent screaming heads so would like alternate heads
If there was ever a character that only needed a screaming head it's this version of Zuko.

Thanks for the pics! I found the 5" at Walmart today and they do look nice. Full pegs of all three boys but not one Katara - did McF shortpack the female character?
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:06 am

As long as the 7" line scales well with each other, I'm good. Zuko is the oldest of the kids, so he's probably at his adult height anyway. Looking forward to getting mine tomorrow!
gettogaara
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:50 am

Ah, I knew that Zuko looked too big when Todd was comparing it in package to the 5" figure. After I saw some reviews of the smaller figures, I decided to go with the 7" line for the increased articulation to hit the bending poses, but his size looks to throw the idea of this line scaling with other 7" lines out of whack and is definitely worrying for future figures that would need to be significantly taller like Ozai, or the majority of TLOK figures.

Kind of kicking myself now for not pulling the trigger on the 5" line when I had the wave in my cart on Walmart for a few days.
Amazing_Spider-Man wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:06 am
As long as the 7" line scales well with each other, I'm good. Zuko is the oldest of the kids, so he's probably at his adult height anyway. Looking forward to getting mine tomorrow!
Actually, while most of the characters don't have official heights, according to this height chart from a 2005 comic con Zuko's around 5'3" in season 1, so he should definitely be shorter than 6'0" Aizawa. I only found out about this because of the Death Battle video with him vs Todoroki lol. But I agree, the real test will be seeing how he scales with Aang.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:22 am

Yeah I don’t think aang will get here a day early like zuko. I just checked and he only just left Oregon in the afternoon Monday. Still has quite a journey so Wednesday if he’s here on time I can compare them.
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:27 am

Damn, 16 years old and only 5'3"? Dude was a short king!
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:46 am

This Zuko seems dedicated to all the people that insist on perpetuating stupid person friendly marketing terms like X-inch scales instead of 1/X.

7" scale Zuko? You got it! McFarlane is acting like an evil genie here :lol:
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:45 am

Thanks for the comparisons, very informative. Definitely too big for my needs as well. Still haven't seen the 5" line next to 7" figures. Can anyone post a pic or two?
Maximoff
no more subnics

McFarlane Avatar and Korra 2021 Toyline.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:25 am

Here’s deluxe 5” aang with 7” zuko. I’m not ready to tear the others out of their box until the lines get further along. But 5” aang is truly 5 inches and I measured 5” zuko in the box and he appears to be half an inch taller than aang.

To me, most of the adults for the 5” line should be about 7” zuko’s size. These lines could get interesting scale wise depending how they handle them. I will say popping 5” aang out he looks good but I really am missing some essential articulation. Not going to get good bending stances that’s for sure. They really are just going to look good standing around. Torso articulation is a big one. Just a waist swivel. No ankle or wrist articulation hurts any kind of posing. It’s real basic here. But the sculpts and overall look is pleasantly excellent for the scale and price. If they could have worked in some of those key articulation points I don’t think the 7” line would need to exist. I really like the 7” articulation. Hoping for good character representation in both lines and the scales working out.

Deluxe aang’s insert makes a great back drop.

Maximoff
no more subnics

Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:44 am

Aw screw it, I’ll pop the rest of the 5” line out sometime today.
joshsquash729
CROM!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:25 pm

I'm sure someone has posted about it already, so my apologies for missing it, but has anyone figured out a way to get Katara's water effect to stay up? I tried curling it around her back and pinning it under her ponytail, but on the off chance it does stay, the slightest little bump tends to send it falling off. At this point I'm tempted to just get some tape or blue rubber bands or something. I think legitimately my only "I wish" from the first wave is that Katara had her pouch that the water could peg into. Other than that, they're all great; I've found myself just coming back and messing around with them since I got them- there's just something really fun about them.
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:01 pm

Well, my other three 5" 'Assortment ' figures arrived from Walmart. All three were Aang, the one I really didn't need. I guess because Aang is the default picture for the listing, that's the one they grabbed. When my Zuko arrived it was listed as a 'substitution.' Oh well, three Aang back to Walmart I guess...

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:28 pm

damn i was hoping these 7" line would be in scale with the DST line, but i knew it's going in this route... lol.
if zuko and aang scaled well enough then i'll stick with it and just pick and choose, if somehow aang is taller then zuko then we have a problem.

it's the same problem with MHA and yes i'm still bring this up...sorry it's just really annoying.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”