Chicken Fried Toys - Dime Novel Legends

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Doober
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Chicken Fried Toys - Dime Novel Legends

Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:18 pm

Does anyone know if they have started shipping the Texas Ranger and Calvary Officer? I ordered them when they first came up, and I see the Texas Ranger now available for order on Smalljoes.com. I thought they were supposed to ship these end of 2020? It's just really hard to follow their shipping schedules. CFT doesn't seem to update them regularly. It's confusing with them.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:54 pm

Have they announced plans for womenfolk?

Getting into Acid World, but I love Westerns and would love to kitbash Clementine or a Once Upon the Time in the West crew
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:07 am

MollyMillions wrote:Have they announced plans for womenfolk?
They've announced that women are in their overall plan for the line, but not necessarily when we will start seeing them.
Doober wrote: Does anyone know if they have started shipping the Texas Ranger and Calvary Officer?
Texas Ranger - Yes
Cavalry Officer - Not Yet

If you ordered them together, it's possible your order isn't going to ship until they're both in stock, but you'd have to contact them to be sure.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:19 am

Thanks, Damien. Think I might start building up my cowboys then...
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:43 pm

Women are supposed to be Series2, no?
Doober
CROM!

Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:25 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:07 am
Doober wrote: Does anyone know if they have started shipping the Texas Ranger and Calvary Officer?
Texas Ranger - Yes
Cavalry Officer - Not Yet

If you ordered them together, it's possible your order isn't going to ship until they're both in stock, but you'd have to contact them to be sure.
Thank you.
Artistix
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:54 am

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:43 pm
Women are supposed to be Series2, no?
Women and Native Americans they might have said?

They did say they were working on a few different female archetype bodies. I'd imagine that would be standard long dress woman (school ma'am), gunslinger (Calamity Jane type) & saloon girls.
domu
Also a Shocker Stalker

Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:44 am

Unexpectedly got the wave 1.5 figures today.

Does anyone know if the Gunsmith's Gear Bag and Haberdasher's Holdout were meant to go out with the figures?
EDIT: Never mind. Saw on Facebook that they will ship separately for separate orders.
bgiles73
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:52 pm

I got my Wave 1.5 figures in this weekend. Man were they great. I’m really looking forward to even more of these. I’m really ready for the horses. I have Boss Fights horses for now, but I’m really looking forward to some that or a little more authentic to the Old West.
KnightDamien

Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:22 am

John posted this on Facebook earlier. Some good stuff coming down the pipe, fellas.

Here is some food for thought, to keep you busy while we get set up here and move on to processing the remainder of the wave 1.5 pre-orders. Paul and I had a meeting 2 weeks ago, and laid our a roadmap for the next 6 months, as to what our plans are.
None of our established plans have changed (N/A figures, females figures), so this is in addition to that.
Horses are still up in the air as to when, where, and how and work on the Cavalry KS moves forward slowly.
First up, we are planning two assortments of 6 figure builds that utilize the majority of the portraits from our Backers in the Cavalry KS campaign. In this list, is the first six of the (currently) un-named assortment:
Joe Rice - Train Engineer
Ron Lasher - Coal Tender
John Neisler - Fiddle Player
Tim Fisher - Deputy Marshal
John Wakefield - Big Iron Arizona Ranger
Nate Rowe - Outlaw Texas Red
Early in 2022 we are planning to offer something a bit outside the usual wheelhouse, that we have touched on before in discussions. In an effort to grow the line outside our hard core group, we are introducing the "Weird Western Tales" 2 packs. Each pack will encompass an encounter between a uniquely western themed cypto/mytho/legendary character, and one of our more mainstream archetypes. These should be a lot of fun.
Slue Foot Sue sees the Sasquatch
Canadian Mountie (Christopher Giles) vs Yeti
Army Captain vs Wendigo
Pecos Bill vs Werewolf
Rancher vs Chupacabra/Jackalope
Apache Warrior vs Alien Visitor
Caballero vs La Llorona
Apache Scout vs Coyote Trickster God
Packaging for these two packs will be oriented on their side, with a painted background behind the characters in the bubble for an impact on display. Retail pricing is targeted to bring these in at about $10 less than purchasing two figures separately. On the card back will be an expanded story area to tell you more about the myth and the encounter presented in the package.
There are already designs in process for all of these characters, and all the creatures will be completely original new sculpts. More on these and other upcoming projects as they develop, and we more towards completion on previous waves of product.
bgiles73
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:41 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:22 am
John posted this on Facebook earlier. Some good stuff coming down the pipe, fellas.

Here is some food for thought, to keep you busy while we get set up here and move on to processing the remainder of the wave 1.5 pre-orders. Paul and I had a meeting 2 weeks ago, and laid our a roadmap for the next 6 months, as to what our plans are.
None of our established plans have changed (N/A figures, females figures), so this is in addition to that.
Horses are still up in the air as to when, where, and how and work on the Cavalry KS moves forward slowly.
First up, we are planning two assortments of 6 figure builds that utilize the majority of the portraits from our Backers in the Cavalry KS campaign. In this list, is the first six of the (currently) un-named assortment:
Joe Rice - Train Engineer
Ron Lasher - Coal Tender
John Neisler - Fiddle Player
Tim Fisher - Deputy Marshal
John Wakefield - Big Iron Arizona Ranger
Nate Rowe - Outlaw Texas Red
Early in 2022 we are planning to offer something a bit outside the usual wheelhouse, that we have touched on before in discussions. In an effort to grow the line outside our hard core group, we are introducing the "Weird Western Tales" 2 packs. Each pack will encompass an encounter between a uniquely western themed cypto/mytho/legendary character, and one of our more mainstream archetypes. These should be a lot of fun.
Slue Foot Sue sees the Sasquatch
Canadian Mountie (Christopher Giles) vs Yeti
Army Captain vs Wendigo
Pecos Bill vs Werewolf
Rancher vs Chupacabra/Jackalope
Apache Warrior vs Alien Visitor
Caballero vs La Llorona
Apache Scout vs Coyote Trickster God
Packaging for these two packs will be oriented on their side, with a painted background behind the characters in the bubble for an impact on display. Retail pricing is targeted to bring these in at about $10 less than purchasing two figures separately. On the card back will be an expanded story area to tell you more about the myth and the encounter presented in the package.
There are already designs in process for all of these characters, and all the creatures will be completely original new sculpts. More on these and other upcoming projects as they develop, and we more towards completion on previous waves of product.
Sadly I don’t see any kind of Ghost Riders or El Diablo. I’m hoping for some ghost figures of some kind. Maybe those are being considered too. La Llorona is a ghostly apparition. I once saw a commercial on TV that was set in the Old West and Willem Dafoe played a Gambler that was clearly The Devil come to Earth to bet on men’s souls……I hope they approach this actor for likeness rights.
bgiles73
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:45 pm

Ok I guess I just imagined the setting was the Old West but it would still be a cool figure!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eTx3ifX7CnI
KnightDamien

Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:02 pm

I meant to post this sooner because it's almost over already as I post this - but CFT is doing a live thing on Facebook. Some new reveals for upcoming figures and better looks/discussion on the figures we've already seen, including all the ones coming out with the backer headsculpts. They all look really good, but there's a few particularly great ones that I'm excited about.
Good stuff. If you missed it (which is probably going to be the case if you're just hearing about it from my post here), you should be able to find a replay on Facebook.
crayfish
Avengers Assemble

Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:20 pm

Thank you to all of those that were able to catch the livestream live. Your support is really appreciated.

You can catch the replay on the Chicken Fried Toys Facebook page or The Saloon Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/10000018476454 ... 208840104/

A lot of great things coming including a figure that every Fwoosher needs in their collection. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:36 pm

Is there anywhere with a listing of what was announced in the live stream by chance? Would love to see what's coming, but hard to devote an hour to watching a conversation at this time for me unfortunately.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”