Storm Collectibles Gatchaman

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Storm Collectibles Gatchaman

Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:07 pm

So, there's no date.... or anything new really. But Storm just posted this on Twitter, so I'm hoping it means a pre-order listing is coming soon:

Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:19 pm

Nice, looks good and still has an ab cut.
The_Kilted_Fett
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:41 pm

PantherCult wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:07 pm
So, there's no date.... or anything new really. But Storm just posted this on Twitter, so I'm hoping it means a pre-order listing is coming soon:

OH. HELL. YEEESSSSSSS!!!
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:47 pm

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:19 pm
Nice, looks good and still has an ab cut.
I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw the ab crunch. It's sad to think that Storm's inevitable seamless route will be the final factor needed for me to drop them.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:50 pm

jimbles wrote:
I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw the ab crunch. It's sad to think that Storm's inevitable seamless route will be the final factor needed for me to drop them.
Right there with you. There are still a handful of characters I would like to see from Storms Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat lines - but if they move to the internal articulation for those I think I'd pass.

Eager for this guy, though. I loved Battle of the Planets :D
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:31 am

PantherCult wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:50 pm
jimbles wrote:
Right there with you. There are still a handful of characters I would like to see from Storms Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat lines - but if they move to the internal articulation for those I think I'd pass.
I mean, I'm already sweating bullets over Fist of the North Star. It feels like an inevitability towards disappointment after seeing the Kengan Ashura, Devil Jin, and Orochi releases.

If I drop Storm I'd still have a mostly good Street Fighter collection, and a really nice monster-heavy Mortal Kombat one that could be supplemented with McFarlane. But it's gonna break my damned heart if their Kenshiro or Raoh is bogged down with this seamless trash. With the significance of the 7 point scar as a major part of Ken's aesthetic, I feel like they're almost assuredly going to make the torso a one piece overlay to not break it up. Same as Orochi and Devil Jin's tattoos. Really wish they would have powered through that license above all others earlier on.
The_Kilted_Fett
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:27 pm

Pre-orders just went up on the Storm Collectibles website.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:41 pm

Wow, 3 capes.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”