Valaverse: Action Force

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
yorick_skirata
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:53 am

Prophet924 wrote:I got my last toy from Dorkside I think.

Swarm trooper and flying gear. I only bought one. Pretty awesome figure. I can’t help but think off Darren Cross’ Yellow Jacket army. The translucent yellow really captures the light. I am honk his head/helmet is a bit small. Mine is going to be a single agent in my collection. I like to army build but I think I’ll just enjoy the one. Maybe it will be android for me. I think the light bulb heads have a more realistic sized helmet. I guess we’ll see when it ships.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I never buy more than one of each figure. Every figure is an agent/individual for me. But I love some repaints and variants to create some kind of cohesive feeling among said individuals.

I see the Swarm Trooper, Sentry and Scarabs (and any other release along this aesthetics) as some kind of android-alien that left some kind of hivemind and regained their sense of individuality. Something along the lines of former borgs.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:34 am

Got Scarab today and I’m not as impressed with him as I am of Swarm. I did the cardinal sin of not warming up hands before putting in the less durable weapons. Stock snapped right off the rifle. I kind of want to sci fi up this guy so I’ll give him different weapons. I kind of want some gauntlet melee weapon like MCU Crossbones punching things. I’ll not be getting another Scarab. Contemplating getting a second Swarm to flank the tank I’ll make with this guy. These guys look pretty cool together. McFarlane gun is silly but it’s his for now.

Thwipp!

Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:40 am

I just love the Swarm figures. They have such a cool look.

Sorry one of your Scarab’s weapons broke, Prophet. I’d love to see the melee weapons you envision if you make them.

maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:55 pm

What do you guys think of Vala's holiday reveals? Click the link below if you haven't seen the reveals yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBuuqYIgq-w

Nothing really wowed me but the tin containing a f#@kton of weapons is interesting. If I weren't swimming in guns already, I'd be tempted.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:46 pm

His shipping from Vala to Canada is beyond ridiculous but I suppose I'll grab the tin, a couple black spec ops, and the Dorkside guy.
Darthgaar
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:16 pm

Prophet924 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:34 am
Got Scarab today and I’m not as impressed with him as I am of Swarm. I did the cardinal sin of not warming up hands before putting in the less durable weapons. Stock snapped right off the rifle. I kind of want to sci fi up this guy so I’ll give him different weapons. I kind of want some gauntlet melee weapon like MCU Crossbones punching things. I’ll not be getting another Scarab. Contemplating getting a second Swarm to flank the tank I’ll make with this guy. These guys look pretty cool together. McFarlane gun is silly but it’s his for now.

Thwipp!

Sorry to hear about the broken rifle stock. As I've learned from having a bunch of broken 1/6 guns over the years, best repair is to use a pin vice to drill centered holes in either piece, cut a a small metal pin or nail the same size and length of the hole, superglue the pin into both pieces and it should make the joint stronger than before.
Or...
Buy a new rifle from Hard To Find Toys:
https://www.hard2findtoys.net/product-p ... eapons-set
They have a few other parted out Action Force items that you can use to customize your Scarab.
Darthgaar
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:28 pm

maczero wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:55 pm
What do you guys think of Vala's holiday reveals? Click the link below if you haven't seen the reveals yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBuuqYIgq-w

Nothing really wowed me but the tin containing a f#@kton of weapons is interesting. If I weren't swimming in guns already, I'd be tempted.
I love the Delta Gear vests so I'm down for a few of those in green, black & grey. I'll barely have enough money for two though, I wish he didn't spring these on us so soon after Series 2, the Redeployment series, and before Series 3. It's way too much too fast. And I have a feeling those vest sets will go fast.

The Tin is really cool. I could use something to hold my spare AF stuff in and love the ton of guns, but it's still too freaking expensive! $80 is just too much for me. I'll just get a plastic divided container at Target for $10 to solve my storage issue.
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:49 pm

Darthgaar wrote:
The Tin is really cool. I could use something to hold my spare AF stuff in and love the ton of guns, but it's still too freaking expensive! $80 is just too much for me. I'll just get a plastic divided container at Target for $10 to solve my storage issue.
From a value perspective, the tin is a pretty good deal. IIRC there are over 200 pieces. Just considering that there are 98 guns in the set, the price per gun is just 82 cents. I've seen single 1/12 scale guns go for nearly $20. The price per item goes down even further when you throw in knives, ammo mags and blast effects.
yorick_skirata
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:21 pm

MollyMillions wrote:His shipping from Vala to Canada is beyond ridiculous but I suppose I'll grab the tin, a couple black spec ops, and the Dorkside guy.
They previously had a problem with the site that calculated the international shipping that was making international rates absurdly high.

They said somewhere that it was solved. I never bought anything directly from them, but theoretically, it should be better now.

Edit:
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:55 pm

I may or may not have spent a small fortune today.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

-Fenrys-
HULK SMASH!

Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:06 pm

Nebraska wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:55 pm
I may or may not have spent a small fortune today.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I feel ya on that. Between paying for the Haslab Deathsaurus today and getting the Valaverse weapons tin, my wallet is crying for mercy
batdan
Avengers Assemble

Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:32 pm

I was a little unsure, but I am glad to have ordered the tin and a couple of the black troopers. The guns will fill out the missing items from all of the other lines I collect, and the black troopers are just fun figures. I used the COIL Baroness motorcycle helmeted head on the one black trooper I got from series 1, and it works surprisingly well. Just need to find a few more of those heads....
Darthgaar
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:05 am

maczero wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:49 pm
Darthgaar wrote:
From a value perspective, the tin is a pretty good deal. IIRC there are over 200 pieces. Just considering that there are 98 guns in the set, the price per gun is just 82 cents. I've seen single 1/12 scale guns go for nearly $20. The price per item goes down even further when you throw in knives, ammo mags and blast effects.
It's a good value if you don't mind the repetitiveness of a few weapons, good to fill out ranks of troopers, but $80 is just a lot for me.
I bought four Black gear sets and a Green one. All I can manage at the moment, I hope a few of these figure and sets will still be available in a couple weeks.
Archrivals
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:02 pm

These Action Force: Special Deployment - Infantry Commandos are awesome.

red3
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:58 am

I got the two new gear packs in the Special Deployment Series and they are really quite good. Confirms that the Delta Trooper pack I got wasn’t a fluke and this new vest really is just better than the first series vests. Both of them sealed with just hot water to loosen things up. Actually, one I got to close without anything. It’s a great design, too. I still wish he’d do more things like the Infantry Commando. I think troop builders are really the “killer app” of the line. He’s got a solid buck and some great ways to customize the look. I find the all-in packages much more interesting than the Gear Packs, even after these recent successes. I flat out won’t get the Steel Brigade gear pack because I know that vest is a pain, but if he released an alternate Steel Brigade figure already kitted out like that, I’d buy it up.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”