Valaverse: Action Force

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
yorick_skirata
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:55 pm

jakeekiss wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:23 pm
I got a Scarab from Big Bad and a Delta trooper from Dorkside. Both have been great so far.
Thanks for your reply.

I’m worried because I’ll probably wait a couple of months before shipping my pile of loot.

From what I understood, the 2nd wave don’t have the issues from the first wave, with the exception of a few Scarabs that ended up on Dorkside and Valaverse’s shop.

Your experience is consistent with this information, which is great. :)

Cheers and stay safe
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:40 pm

jakeekiss wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:34 pm
So, odd thing. I told Big Bad to ship my wave 1 stuff on Sunday, and later that same day decided to go ahead and grab another Delta and ship that. For some reason my Delta is already on it's way to me with a tracking number and will be here Saturday, but the Wave 1's still say processing. Anybody have an idea why? I mean, I've waited this long for wave 1, I can wait a bit longer... but still.

POLs or single orders with multiple items usually take a few days to process. I don't know what their warehouse situation is, but I assume it's finding the items from the order in the warehouse, then finding the right boxes to fit them in, that causes the delay.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:05 am

New gold and black Swarm Sentry looks very cool. Definitely need that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:30 pm

Received my wave 2 orders from BBTS yesterday and I just started opening them this morning. I got 4 Night Ops Steel Brigade troopers, Tim Kennedy, 1 Calvary and 1 Scarab. Tim and the Calvary look good. I really like the flip up feature on the Calvary's helmet. The Night Ops are BADASS!!!! The black with green accents just make these guys look so menacing. Haven't opened Scarab yet but I'm sure I'll like him. A quick quality control check of all the figures that I opened revealed no serious issues. The joints weren't stiff. Hands seemed easy enough to swap. Only gripe, is that the hands aren't a snug fit. They don't fall out but they're loose enough that the peg is exposed at the wrist.
Archrivals
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:01 pm

maczero wrote:
Received my wave 2 orders from BBTS yesterday and I just started opening them this morning. I got 4 Night Ops Steel Brigade troopers, Tim Kennedy, 1 Calvary and 1 Scarab. Tim and the Calvary look good. I really like the flip up feature on the Calvary's helmet. The Night Ops are BADASS!!!! The black with green accents just make these guys look so menacing. Haven't opened Scarab yet but I'm sure I'll like him. A quick quality control check of all the figures that I opened revealed no serious issues. The joints weren't stiff. Hands seemed easy enough to swap. Only gripe, is that the hands aren't a snug fit. They don't fall out but they're loose enough that the peg is exposed at the wrist.
Try pushing the hands in more. They lock into the wrists tightly once you do..
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:09 pm

Archrivals wrote:
maczero wrote:
Thanks! There's no satisfying click to let you know that the hand is all the way in but at least it works.
Archrivals
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:20 pm

maczero wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:09 pm
Archrivals wrote:
maczero wrote:
Thanks! There's no satisfying click to let you know that the hand is all the way in but at least it works.
Yes, I had the same thought..
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:00 am

Are the long delayed wave 1 figures from bbts part of the batch with QC issues?
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:39 pm

Kill Switch looks pretty dang cool. Great paint apps on the face. She’s tempting to pick up.
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:36 pm

Boy Wonder wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:39 pm

Kill Switch looks pretty dang cool. Great paint apps on the face. She’s tempting to pick up.
Kill Switch is looking pretty good. I want to fudge her as a Marvel character but she doesn't look like anyone I can think of. I was leaning toward a tactical version of the Dora Milage but I want to avoid making all my black figures Wakandans.
Darthgaar
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:16 pm

Threash wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:00 am
Are the long delayed wave 1 figures from bbts part of the batch with QC issues?
Of the 11 Wave 1 figures I received from BBTS, I don't have any issues. I was able to move all the joints without heating the plastic, they moved like Wave 2 figures. Nothing broken.
I did have to heat up the wrists on some to switch them and the holes on the vests to fasten them onto the figures. But no issues like I had on the first Wave 1 figures that needed to heat up to move.
I think sitting in a hot shipping container for months helped loosen the joints a bit.
fletch137
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:25 am

I'm glad this line is expanding the way it is, but now that we're several characters deep, does anybody else think they're starting to look a little same-y?

The military uniform appearance is kind of the draw here, but I have no idea who these characters are and couldn't tell you what a Blowback does that a Rollout doesn't.

I wish they'd post the file cards on the website. That'd probably help me connect with the characters.
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:53 am

fletch137 wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:25 am
I wish they'd post the file cards on the website. That'd probably help me connect with the characters.
A few of the bios are up on the website. I can't figure out why he doesn't have all of them up. Might be just an oversight. Try reaching out to him on IG and mention it to him.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:05 pm

Is wave 3 hitting already?
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:52 pm

MollyMillions wrote:Is wave 3 hitting already?
I don't think so. I think Vala just received early samples.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”