Valaverse: Action Force

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Ziero01
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Sat May 14, 2022 4:05 am

Buttmunch wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:03 am
CI Roadblock and PD Destro are the only ones with intentionally removable glasses. Baronesses were permanently attached on the CI version. I really don’t understand them being packed separately on the retro one because of the unsightly peg holes and pegs. Glasses-less is not a viable display option for Baroness. Destro and Roadblock don’t have that issue with their sunglasses so I don’t expect Slaughter will either.
fletch137 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:05 am
Pretty sure Roadblock still had gaps in his do rag for the glasses to plug in, but right call on the Destro. I'd forgotten about him.
Movie Baroness also has removable glasses and no real visible holes to peg em into. But she hides those with her hair, and that's not a trick Slaughter can pull off.
jakeekiss
Avengers Assemble

Sat May 14, 2022 10:36 am

Roufuss wrote:
batdan wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:44 pm
The_Kilted_Fett wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 8:38 pm
Well... a non-update update from BBTS. Series 1 and the Gung-Ho packs are still stuck in California, they have no clue how much longer. LOL...
I am super curious as to how many cancellations BBTS is eating on these? I dialed mine back to just one of each of the nameless troops and the gear packs (I cancelled Swarm, Condor, Kerak, the Gung-Ho pack and extra troops) and probably am not the only one. I know there's not a lot to be done, but the cancellations must be noticeable at this point.
They will have no problem selling whatever people cancel since everywhere else is long sold out, and there are people still looking for Wave 1.

Any cancelled preorders go immediately back up on their site and everything is still sold out, so they must be doing pretty good.
Yeah. I finally got a Scarab in as a sampler for this line and now I'm pretty sure I'll try to pick up at least one more trooper and a standard Steel brigade when the units finally come in and some of those cancelled orders go back up (I've already got one trooper and some weapon packs pre ordered). I was waiting to have at least one in hand to start selling off my old Plan B Toys special forces. Now that I'm convinced these are a good substitute (with better articulation and more options) I can justify filling out my troop building a bit.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 14, 2022 3:54 pm

This line is all about scarabs and swarm troopers for me. Specially splitting the swarm gear pack between them (wings for swarm, shield for scarabs). They fit perfectly with anything from Mezco to Gi Joe to Marvel. The rest is a pass now that Hasbro signed the Sergeant.
felgekarp
Avengers Assemble

Sat May 14, 2022 7:42 pm

Kapow Toys in the UK have the Swarm gear for a tenner if anyone’s after one.

https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/product/act ... -pack.html
Darthgaar
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:55 am

For the most part, I like how the female figures look for series 3, just I don't like how narrow all their hips appear. There are a few women with narrow hips like this, but they're the exception rather than the rule. And with 3 characters and 3 troop builders, those narrow hips become very noticeable. I'm going to still order most of them but I hope it's not as noticeable in person, a female gear pack with a belt holster and pouches will be available that can make the hips look wider. and a new female buck will be available in the future that I can mix and match with a more feminine physique.

Looks like Joefest will have some awesome exclusives available! I wish I could pick up that Slaughter with the soft goods jacket and autograph, doubt any will be available after the con. and most likely will be a very expensive set.
smallvillefan
Customized

Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:57 pm

can the arms on the Valaverse figures be removed at the shoulder peg and be swapped onto a Classified figure, like Duke?
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:28 pm

Dorkside has an exclusive figure up for preorder.
GrumpyMatt
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:02 pm

Must be what DS was alluding to earlier this week.

Looks pretty good. Ordered him and Kill Switch, since it appears they'll be arriving at the same time, and got free shipping.
DIGITALSELF
Super Poseable

Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:59 pm

mrboshek wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:28 pm
Dorkside has an exclusive figure up for preorder.
Thanks for the heads up. Order placed!
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:24 pm

Still waiting for Wave 1 from BBTS…
jakeekiss
Avengers Assemble

Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:51 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Same. I got my Scarab but still waiting on that first set.
thewyldman
Customized

Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:08 pm

jakeekiss wrote:
Roufuss wrote:
Might as well wait considering they announced today they are rereleasing the first wave with fixed joints
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:46 am

thewyldman wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:08 pm
jakeekiss wrote:
Roufuss wrote:
Might as well wait considering they announced today they are rereleasing the first wave with fixed joints
Ha!

Sucks for BBTS, hopefully these go up soon at Dorkside and I’ll just order there.

Wonder if BBTS will have preorders for them, knowing they are about to get stuck with all that Wave 1 product they still don’t have.
fletch137
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:53 am

Ugh. I backed out of Action Force because I didn't have the space and didn't want the added expense of a new line, but man are these some good looking figures. Plus I'd been hoping they'd announce a Danielle Kelly figure for a little while now.

With the announcement of a future re-release of the Wave 1 figures I passed on, it's becoming harder to respect my wallet and shelf space.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:00 am

So, interesting theory I read.

Typically, when you drop a BBTS preorder for a sold out item, it goes up right away. People who have dropped Valaverse Series 1 at BBTS have noticed the figures don’t pop back in-stock.

So people are thinking that there is something going on outside of just “port issues,” and Valaverse is running these again to ensure BBTS gets their order. He doesn’t want to throw BBTS under the bus and can use this as an opportunity to reissue Wave 1 too.

I wonder if we will get emails soon from BBTS letting he know that our orders will shift to these new production ones?

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”