Valaverse: Action Force

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Batman1969
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:50 am

The Spec Ops army builder makes a nice solid replacement for my floppy Snake Eyes' body. I used the movie head with the ninja Snake Eyes' accessories & a couple weapons from one of the Valaverse weapons packs.

[img]]
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:47 pm

So, catching up to this thread and I had several thoughts. Could someone share how to post as a multi quote as was done from a couple pages back? Other than pulling quotes, compiling in a word document and then copying over to a new response? I feel pretty confident that isn't the easiest way.
Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you

Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:38 pm

DennyCrane wrote:
So, catching up to this thread and I had several thoughts. Could someone share how to post as a multi quote as was done from a couple pages back? Other than pulling quotes, compiling in a word document and then copying over to a new response? I feel pretty confident that isn't the easiest way.
Do you mean Fletch's comment around page 36?

Click the "quote user" button and it should auto populate a comment box with the quote already tagged. You'll see the code to end a quote at the end: /quote enclosed in brackets. Just add that where you want to break a quote, then add quote inside brackets again where you want it to start back up. [qu0te] to start, [/qu0te] to end. I just do it from inside the regular comment box. Hitting preview will show you the results and brings up the full editor.
Mongoose
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:47 pm

I wonder how many people canceled the Gung Ho accessory set after Hasbro announced classic colors Gung Ho yesterday. I hope it was a lot.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:53 pm

Samael13 wrote:
DennyCrane wrote:
Do you mean Fletch's comment around page 36?

Click the "quote user" button and it should auto populate a comment box with the quote already tagged. You'll see the code to end a quote at the end: /quote enclosed in brackets. Just add that where you want to break a quote, then add quote inside brackets again where you want it to start back up. [qu0te] to start, [/qu0te] to end. I just do it from inside the regular comment box. Hitting preview will show you the results and brings up the full editor.
There's an easier way if you're on a computer. Just hit the 'Post Reply' button at the bottom of the page as usual. Then scroll down below the text box it brings up. Under where you put your text, a window will actually show previous comments in the thread. I've never counted, but I think it shows around the last dozen comments. Highlight the text you want to quote, then click the quotation mark icon at the top right of the post you're quoting. It will automatically put just the text you highlighted into your text box, in quotes, with the name of the person you're quoting, as long as you clicked the correct quotation icon (if you scroll down, for example, and click someone else's quotation mark, it will attribute the highlighted text to that person instead, so just make sure you're quoting the correct person).

You can do this as many times as you want to quote as many people as you want in one post. It gets trickier, but not impossible, if you want to start quoting comments earlier than what the 'Topic Review' window is currently showing. Hope that helps.
Darthgaar
Customized

Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:30 pm

Mongoose wrote:
I wonder how many people canceled the Gung Ho accessory set after Hasbro announced classic colors Gung Ho yesterday. I hope it was a lot.
Why, just to stick it to Big Bad Toy Store? Yeah, that's a nice sentiment.
The Declassified set still looks good, I'm keeping my order.
thewyldman
Super Poseable

Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:37 pm

Mongoose wrote:
All I hope is that Big Bad had a buy back plan with Valaverse because these getting delayed are we gonna hurt Big Bad's abilities to sell these. If they came a year ago (when the first slated), these would've sold pretty well.

Side note: I hate that Valaverse "fanboys" are attacking Big Bad for getting their product in late. Vala really shouldn't have sold his product (the ones outside of the kickstarter) before probably his biggest retailers got theirs in. It's especially ridiculous after the products got super delayed.
Mongoose
Avengers Assemble

Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:02 am

thewyldman wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
All I hope is that Big Bad had a buy back plan with Valaverse because these getting delayed are we gonna hurt Big Bad's abilities to sell these. If they came a year ago (when the first slated), these would've sold pretty well.

Side note: I hate that Valaverse "fanboys" are attacking Big Bad for getting their product in late. Vala really shouldn't have sold his product (the ones outside of the kickstarter) before probably his biggest retailers got theirs in. It's especially ridiculous after the products got super delayed.

I love BBTS, and I don't want them to fail; however, I'd like Vala to fail. He has consistently attacked and insulted the competition, reviewers, and customers. I love my children, but I don't want them hanging out with bullies. I want BBTS to succeed, but they partnered with a bully.
thewyldman
Super Poseable

Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:36 am

Mongoose wrote:
I
I love BBTS, and I don't want them to fail; however, I'd like Vala to fail. He has consistently attacked and insulted the competition, reviewers, and customers. I love my children, but I don't want them hanging out with bullies. I want BBTS to succeed, but they partnered with a bully.
Yeah Vala's not great, but at the time of partnership we weren't having incidents like the angry letter in the package. Personally, I do like that Big Bad is willing to work with smaller indie toy people, and I hope this doesn't dissuade them from doing more exclusives with others.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:40 am

It’s funny seeing the admins on the Valaverse FB group asking folks to not cancel their BBTS orders to reorder the in-stock stuff on Valaverse’s site. And people seem to understand that, but still don’t understand why “Hasblow” doesn’t get products first before any of their retail partners.

I considered canceling my weapon pack set after the new Gung Ho with his new hat was shown off, but I figure I can always use nice guns. I got the all black weapon pack they did and they’re real nice. Wouldn’t mind having more for the decent price.

I’m just patiently waiting on my Sarge. No need to get him the fastest. I’ve had minor remorse on canceling my Kerak order. I’ve seen pics of him with Cobra figures and he looks to fit in pretty nice.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:00 am

Mongoose wrote:
As a primarily Joe collector over the years, it's also not like that set solved all of Gung Ho's "issues". The new figure caters to what fans want on several nice ways.

I like the cover that came with the weapon set, and the Declassified kit is still useful for builders or your own customs.
thewyldman
Super Poseable

Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:08 am

Boy Wonder wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:40 am
It’s funny seeing the admins on the Valaverse FB group asking folks to not cancel their BBTS orders to reorder the in-stock stuff on Valaverse’s site. And people seem to understand that, but still don’t understand why “Hasblow” doesn’t get products first before any of their retail partners.

I considered canceling my weapon pack set after the new Gung Ho with his new hat was shown off, but I figure I can always use nice guns. I got the all black weapon pack they did and they’re real nice. Wouldn’t mind having more for the decent price.

I’m just patiently waiting on my Sarge. No need to get him the fastest. I’ve had minor remorse on canceling my Kerak order. I’ve seen pics of him with Cobra figures and he looks to fit in pretty nice.
Yeah the weapons packs are still the cheapest way to get guns at this scale. Worst case, I'll just display Destro with a ton of guns behind him.

I have all of the named characters from one preorded and a couple of extra Condors to use as generic Action Force Z-Force troops. Kerak and Bone Collectors can easily be used as generic enemies/dreadnoks if I decide not to continue the line.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:04 am

thewyldman wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

Vala shouldn’t need to hold his product because one retailer made a choice to ship it from China themselves. That’s on BBTS. They could have had Vala ship it to them direct like most other retailers.

BBTS doesn’t wait for the manufacturer to get their stuff first, like when they sold Series 3 I think it was Super7 TMNT before Super7 even got theirs and shipped it, which cause some animosity toward Super7. They can’t have it both ways. You win some, you lose some.

At this point, anyone buying from BBTS knows you either get stuff hella early or extremely behind. There was a Mythic Legions wave last year that came in like two months after everyone else, but then Madballs came in super early.
Mongoose wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:02 am
BBTS partners with whoever and whatever can make them money without getting legally in trouble. I order from them a ton but at the end of the day, they are just another big business (relatively speaking) and will stock whatever makes them money. BBTS to me has as much soul as Target.

I think unless Vala really goes off the deep end hes past the point of failing. He’s already got all the influencers like D_Amazing hyping up his product, and it’s selling out everywhere.
thewyldman
Super Poseable

Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:20 am

The argument is with Vala waiting to sell on his own site is that it's important to keep your retailers happy. There's a reason Hasbro Pulse almost always gets stuff last. Manufacturers want their retailers to be happy and one way they tend to do that is not selling stock before them.
FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:26 pm

thewyldman wrote:The argument is with Vala waiting to sell on his own site is that it's important to keep your retailers happy. There's a reason Hasbro Pulse almost always gets stuff last. Manufacturers want their retailers to be happy and one way they tend to do that is not selling stock before them.
I get what you're saying, but there's a massive difference between a corporation like Hasbro & a guy like Vala. He's got no control over how BBTS chose to import their stock & I'm sure there's too much money tied up in his stock to just sit on it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”