Valaverse: Action Force

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:25 pm

One day BBTS will get these in.
MarvelLegendsMan
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:45 pm

Darthgaar wrote:It was confirmed in a podcast yesterday by Vala that 2 or 3 figures from wave 1 will be reissued, probably in the summer. Swarm Trooper and Steel Brigade were the only ones mentioned. No mention of paint variants, safe to assume the Swarm Trooper will be available again.

It was also mentioned that samples of wave 3 will be shown this week (Jan 16-22) on Valaveres' Youtube channel.
Hah, I'm watching that right now hoping to hear exactly that news. Glad to hear it. Hope Bone Collector makes a 2nd appearance, too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AC_in_SD
Here comes a new challenger!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:17 am

Darthgaar wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:57 pm
It was confirmed in a podcast yesterday by Vala that 2 or 3 figures from wave 1 will be reissued, probably in the summer. Swarm Trooper and Steel Brigade were the only ones mentioned. No mention of paint variants, safe to assume the Swarm Trooper will be available again.

It was also mentioned that samples of wave 3 will be shown this week (Jan 16-22) on Valaveres' Youtube channel.
Can I ask what podcast? I'd like to give that a lesson.
MarvelLegendsMan
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:00 am

AC_in_SD wrote:
Darthgaar wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:57 pm
It was confirmed in a podcast yesterday by Vala that 2 or 3 figures from wave 1 will be reissued, probably in the summer. Swarm Trooper and Steel Brigade were the only ones mentioned. No mention of paint variants, safe to assume the Swarm Trooper will be available again.

Can I ask what podcast? I'd like to give that a lesson.
It's called the 3POA podcast. I know on YouTube it's on the Analog Toys channel.

Vala has a lot of interesting things to say, but their special guest TalkerArt is an... acquired taste. He dominates the conversation. I find him annoying and hard to take in anything but small doses. I would imagine some Fwoosh posters probably find him offensive.

Darthgaar
Customized

Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:03 pm

I'll be happy to never hear Talkerart again, he ruined the conversation. It was difficult to tolerate him just hoping to hear some useful info. I would've shut it off otherwise.
But this stream is the exception, usually the 3POA livestream / podcast is a good listen with the regular group of guys.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:20 pm

Swarm troopers released in a more classic shade of yellow - instead of however one would describe the tint they actually came in - would be welcome.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:44 pm

Swarm troopers in BAT yellow so I can call them FATs.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:08 am

While I still despise Bobby's verbal attacks on other toy companies and taking pot shots are anyone he deems is "out to get him", i ended up ordering 3 of the riot trooper army builders and 3 of the urban gear packs to actually gauge the quality of the product.

After giving them all a heat treatment to free up their joints, they all seem to move freely and hold the guns well. I did have to heat up the alt heat to swap onto one of them, but that's nothing new for me.

I will say that Bobby could use a seminar on public relations with the general public and potential consumers if he wants to grow the line, but overall the quality on this line is on par with any of the other lines I actively collect.

I'm not likely to be interested in any of the named characters, but some more army builder types might be worth a look.
thewyldman
Super Poseable

Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:34 am

Summary of the stream from Toa Maximus on the Hisstank:

"Watching the stream and here are the updates so far:
* No major changes to tab system for vests ("factory error" with original design)
* Potential restock tomorrow on valaverse
* tooling has not yet been made for the female figures
* Female Steel Brigade but no female swarm
* More variety in skin tone between Caucasian female characters
* No neck articulation
* Female hair not removable
* No female butterfly joints
* 7 figures in series 3 (5 normal figures and two female trooper figures)
*Female figures basically same size as male figures (Classified doesn't have strong female figures)
*Female figures being done in a different factory
* Action Force: The Movie (Coming to a truck stop dvd bin near you!)
* New torso and a bigger buck in Series 4
* Vehicles are coming
* Potential Desert Trooper sometime before Series 3
* No snow troopers coming anytime soon
* Small smack down of Adam Bradley Freeman (lol)
* Bobby actually likes Classified Movie Scarlett and Lady Jaye
* No helmets designed for female heads (male helmets might fight masked head)
*Crimson Trooper is dead
* Moving away from homages to original line
* AA-12 coming (tooled but no home in the line)
* No direct plans for gas masks or a comms pack
* Night Ops Steel Brigade shown off (looks good) (end of spring early summer)
* More versions of Steel Brigade coming (I'd buy some based off the Black Major Tiger Force ones)
* Pandora has the tank top style body
* Different ethnicities coming to the garrison, but will be done in different styles like the Scarab was different to the swarm trooper (why not just make them racially ambiguous like the other troopers?)
* Bobby has not yet upgraded his tattoos to be pinless"
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:33 pm

Thanks for the summary of the podcast. Some of the news is disappointing but it at least gives my wallet a break.

As for getting Vala to clean up his public image, that boat has long sailed. It's abundantly clear that he knows that his behavior rubs a lot of people the wrong way and he doesn't care. I'm at a point where I've accepted that I don't have to like the guy to recognize he makes good toys. I'll support the line as long as he keeps up the quality and he doesn't stray into truly heinous behavior such as blatant racism.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:43 am

Roufuss wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:25 pm
One day BBTS will get these in.
I just had to ship my Pile of Loot today. :(

So I bet Action Force plus the BATs and Alley Vipers will show up this weekend. :cry:
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:51 am

SalemCrow wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:24 pm
Even IF he does, and recognizes that there's demand, they would STILL be easily 6-9 months away, if the factory he's contracted even has an opening for him.
Waited this long another 6 to 9 months is fine with me. :wink:
MarvelLegendsMan
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:41 am

Apparently more went up on the site at 4 pm EST and sold out within 5 minutes. I checked the site several times today but, of course, I missed it.

Even worse, he posted on FB and said these will most likely not be up on the site again - despite the fact that he just said on that podcast the other day that he might re-issue a few this summer.

Really disappointing :(

Darthgaar
Customized

Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:44 am

I liked what I saw of series 3, I'm all in.
Dorkside Toys had a large restock of series 1 last night, by the time I went there, the Swarm Trooper was sold out. Managed to buy a couple of Riot Gear packs before they sold out.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:13 am

I was able to snag a few figures during the restock. Bone Collector was gone almost immediately & the Swarm Trooper sold out while trying to check out. Glad I still have a preorder through BBTS.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”