McFarlane Warhammer 40k figures

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Warhammer 40k figures

Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:17 am

Ring up a different Warhammer figure that’s the same price, put the other one in the bag.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:47 am

supreme-d wrote:
Ring up a different Warhammer figure that’s the same price, put the other one in the bag.
Tried that! The regular Battle Sister is also register locked for 8/6 for some reason.

Yea, I might have to go try the marine. I don’t really like doing that since it throws off their inventory but then I guess they shouldn’t have nonsense street dates on old product.
Reefer Shark
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:41 am

Roufuss wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:03 am
Reefer Shark wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:41 pm
Oh man, such total BS - how frustrating!
It is! Like, you never know when random stuff will just be street dated for no reason and the employees just brush you off. Someone was just able to buy the chase on Saturday in this thread!
Lol that was me on Saturday! I’ve had no problem buying every figure from line (except the Gold Walmart one) at Target here in the Los Angeles area.

Ive had my fair share of street date bs though, so I totally feel your frustration.
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:48 am

Roufuss wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:47 am
supreme-d wrote:
Tried that! The regular Battle Sister is also register locked for 8/6 for some reason.

Yea, I might have to go try the marine. I don’t really like doing that since it throws off their inventory but then I guess they shouldn’t have nonsense street dates on old product.
Today Target let me order a product for pickup, drive toward the place, and then on the way said they actually dont have it. Gave me no other option to get the product either, since Echo isn’t in stock anywhere and not available for delivery.

A couple weeks ago, I ordered Boba Fett for delivery to my nearest store, and they never delivered it after moving the delivery date back 3 times over the course of two weeks. So basically, their inventories are already off. I wouldn’t feel bad about the ole switcheroo in this case. It’s not like you’re cheating them out of money, and the street date is absurd in this case.
Dormammu
Mumu of Evil

Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:26 am

I've never been in that experience, but if an employee actually grabbed a product out of my hand and scolded me, especially about an incorrect street date, I'd demand the manager. I wouldn't have a tantrum or do any kind of emotional display. I would just explain calmly, even with a nice smile, that the shit just pulled on me ain't gonna fly. The figures will be mine. Make it so. Please and thanks.

I'm a Warhammer fan. It's an extremely violent franchise. Don't make me go Meganob, bro.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:31 am

Dormammu wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:26 am
I've never been in that experience, but if an employee actually grabbed a product out of my hand and scolded me, especially about an incorrect street date, I'd demand the manager. I wouldn't have a tantrum or do any kind of emotional display. I would just explain calmly, even with a nice smile, that the shit just pulled on me ain't gonna fly. The figures will be mine. Make it so. Please and thanks.

I'm a Warhammer fan. It's an extremely violent franchise. Don't make me go Meganob, bro.
Sadly, it’s happened to me numerous times around here. The self checkout comes up with some kind of employee warning, they come in, key their code, big old street date warning pops up, and they snatch it right out of my hands. It’s the biggest reason I stopped shopping there because it kept happening.

Went back tonight to try to scan a marine twice instead of a Battle Sister, every single Warhammer figure was gone, all 16+. Just grabbed the Platinum one I hid, grabbed something else worth $20, rang that up twice instead.

This store also has a toy employee who scalps (we all know him), and I know if they went in the back and he saw them, they would never come back out. Didn’t want to go this route but this is ridiculous on Targets part.
sanityattack
CROM!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:12 pm

Finally got them in hand!

Had several pre-orders on Amazon UK cancelled. Ordered from GW direct on Saturday when they went live.

Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:17 pm

On the street date thing at Target, that happened to me with a random Transformers item, the Bumblebee and Spike two-pack that my daughter wanted to get. Target cashier who I see all the time was very apologetic, saying the set was probably being recalled. He had to take it away from us. Bewildering experience. We left, and I ordered the set off the Target app from outside the store and got it with free delivery a day later. Such a weird experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mahtion
HULK SMASH!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:06 pm

That is insane. I would call corporate on that store and any employee engaging in that behavior (especially for scalping intent).
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:10 am

Yep the register lock happened to me for the battle sister I bought. The attendant was really annoyed with the system. Called back to get help and no one responded. She asked me how much it was. I told her$19.99. I hope that was right. She rung it up as a no scan and thanked me for being patient.

Weird.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dormammu
Mumu of Evil

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:09 am

If anyone can score a Blood Angel lieutenant for me, that'd be pretty sweet. My ppal is locked and loaded. Finally. Also willing to trade. I know almost all of the mustard and ketchup Lts were cleaned out. But I'm just putting it out there cuz I don't think the product was ever available in Canada.

P.S. Thank goodness I pre-ordered 2 Flayed Ones and the new Sister from Amazon recently. One night later the listings were gone. Poof. And they're still gone. Just checked. That's yet another sign of distribution problems (at least in Canada).
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:17 am

Dormammu wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:09 am
If anyone can score a Blood Angel lieutenant for me, that'd be pretty sweet. My ppal is locked and loaded. Finally. Also willing to trade. I know almost all of the mustard and ketchup Lts were cleaned out. But I'm just putting it out there cuz I don't think the product was ever available in Canada.

P.S. Thank goodness I pre-ordered 2 Flayed Ones and the new Sister from Amazon recently. One night later the listings were gone. Poof. And they're still gone. Just checked. That's yet another sign of distribution problems (at least in Canada).
The Gold Label MK11 Spawn and Red Death have hit TRU recently. It'd be strange if the Lieutenant didn't show up at some point soon as well. Wouldn't make much sense to have 2 out of the 3 Gold Label figures, especially what will more than likely be the best selling of the 3.

About the Amazon listings, ya, they had most all of the newest preorders listed from McFarlane but then took them all down. I don't think this is so much distribution problems, more just oddities within how Amazon does things. If the preorders actually sold out then all the listings wouldn't have been taken down at the same time. Other listings I've noticed go down randomly was Masterverse Skelegod and Battle Cat, and DST's Iron Giant. And don't get me started about them charging more than MSRP on some items. Amazon is all over the place, but at least they still list new products once in a while, unlike our other main toy retailers (at least on the McFarlane side of things).
Dormammu
Mumu of Evil

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:44 am

Megazarak wrote:
The Gold Label MK11 Spawn and Red Death have hit TRU recently. It'd be strange if the Lieutenant didn't show up at some point soon as well. Wouldn't make much sense to have 2 out of the 3 Gold Label figures, especially what will more than likely be the best selling of the 3.
I think the Lieutenant is Walamarrr-only (do I have that right?). But if any Canadians see them anywhere, by all means report in. I'd be stoked to hear. My TRU is a way better place to go to than Wallies.
Megazarak wrote:
About the Amazon listings, ya, they had most all of the newest preorders listed from McFarlane but then took them all down. I don't think this is so much distribution problems, more just oddities within how Amazon does things.
I know that high-demand pre-orders get removed on Amazon.ca - to possibly fulfill the pre-order demand on Amazon.com. I'm not sure about that, though I've seen some examples to make the guess. The infamous example was ML Doctor Doom.

I also saw a live MS Titanium Man go up for pre-order on Amazon.ca a while back. I imagine several people went for it - and I was going to that night - before it suddenly disappeared, never to be seen again. I imagine they dropped the pre-order when they realized distribution would be limited and maybe too far in the future, from their estimates.
Megazarak wrote:
And don't get me started about them charging more than MSRP on some items. Amazon is all over the place, but at least they still list new products once in a while, unlike our other main toy retailers (at least on the McFarlane side of things).
I hear you about Amazon.ca's ever changing prices. Just when they keep going up, they sometimes plummet drastically. The whole thing is a crap shoot from our outsider's perspective.
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:47 am

Gold Label in Canada has been TRU exclusive so far, at least for the first 5, and just the Lieutenant missing for the 6th. We saw the Gold Label Azrael on Amazon.ca, so it's possible that Gold Label will be soon available perhaps through Amazon in Canada.

Are you certain about the high demand items being removed? It almost seems random, and like I said, all the new McFarlane preorders went down at the same time, so unless it's a timed thing for new preorders or something I doubt they were all selling as well as each other.
Dormammu
Mumu of Evil

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:56 am

Mega, I honestly don't know. All I know is that there's hearsay theories. I've been told the unsubstantiated story that if demand in the USA is very high on certain pre-orders, and the first shipment product is limited, then pre-orders on .ca will be diverted to .com until the pressure eases. It also changes when more product comes through. (That story could all be wrong and the details of distribution could be quite different.)

When it comes to Gold Labels, I have no knowledge of how it works. All I know is that when I google the Blood Angel Lieutenant, it says Walmart Exclusive.

What I do know for certain is that my local TRU has never had a single McF Warhammer fig in store. Only EB gets a small trickle at a higher price and they vanish fast. The only way I can guarantee getting normal waves at a fair price is by way of Emperor Bezos' outfit. I'd rather get them at TRU.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”