Dream figure lines that have never been made (properly)

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
_jahue_
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Dream figure lines that have never been made (properly)

Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:35 pm

I have quite a few ideas I would love to see come to life.

I would love some figures based on Tintin and the gang.

With Neca killing Turtles and Gargoyles I hope we get the animated Mighty Duck figures. Especially, Wildwing and Conard. I loved both of their designs.

007 line is way overdue as well as Cinema characters in general. For example, I want Maximus from Gladiator, Benjamin Martin from the Patriot, William Wallace from Braveheart, Jaime from Highlander, ect.

I've always wanted figures from the Disney liveaction 3 Musketeers. Oliver Platt as Porthos is a grail of mine.

I really want some Cowboys too. I would love a Classic Lone Ranger line along with other Western heroes (real and movie Characters)

Finally, Beast from Disney's Beauty and the Beast. I think his design is an all timer and he really needs a figure.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:40 pm

_jahue_ wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:35 pm
I really want some Cowboys too. I would love a Classic Lone Ranger line along with other Western heroes (real and movie Characters)
Cassaday art Lone Ranger and Tonto are among my absolute top tier wants.
spinc
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:16 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:50 pm
redxavier wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:51 pm
Lord of the Rings figures. The Toybiz line was expansive and quite deep all things considered (like all 3 versions of Theoden and then Theodred, an EE only character!) but it was never a line that was consistent in quality (or scale or articulation) and there were some figures that were never done properly imo. I look over my collection and chuckle at the absurdity of having something like 12 Rohirrim Royal Guards, because none of it interests me now and none have been displayed in about a decade. The current DST line is an improvement in some ways (sculpts) but takes several steps backwards in most others.

A few years ago I might have wanted Figuarts to do a line, but now I'm into the '1/6 scale style but shrunk down to 1/12' stuff. A lot of high quality soft goods. So like this.

Is that too much to ask for? I'm this close to getting an Asmus 1/6 figure just to get something good. The upcoming Gandalf from Inart/Queen Studios is incredible but hugely expensive. I guess that's the way forward unless there are more third party figures like the Ringwraith above - sorry, that's not a Ringwraith it is a "Phantom Angel"!
I don't disagree with any of this.
I have had the opportunity to handle a few Asmus figures and sweet creamy Jesus they are nice. So nice. And beautiful. But a combination of the expense of 1:6 and the space they take up means that's a collection I'm never going to start.
What you're describing would basically be Mezco Lord of the Rings figures. Which would be awesome. But there's that similar issue of expense where it definitely depends on what you want. If you just want the main cast it can definitely be doable. But I think if you're looking for expansive, in the way ToyBiz was, most people might find that way too expensive. I can't imagine, like I once did, having 6 Prologue Elves and 4 Helm's Deep Elves, and multiple versions of every main character if they were at Mezco One:12 prices. But I could definitely see getting a few main characters.

I think my ideal Lord of the Rings situation, in a perfect world, is a 'budget' Marvel Legends-style line that plays great balance between sculpt, engineering, and aesthetics, with playability as the -main- line, and an offshoot One:12-style line that focuses on the more visually interesting or heavy-softgoods type characters. So you can put your ML-style Boromir and Frodo with your One:12-style Witch-king. That sort've thing.

But that's just hardcore wishlisting.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Hasbro should do Lotr. In a license way, toybiz had it, and they now have a lot of the same licenses, and dst is doing them, and they share a lot of their licenses as well. Besides no one's doing 1/12 scale Lotr figures right now.

They could blow it out of the water. They got some of the best sculptors in contact (not always hired), and some of the best, most fluent articulation system in the market. They got the budget and the scope to make it huge. And honestly the figures would work in their 'as little paint as possible' budget they like doing, as the characters would really only need a wash which collectors can easily apply. There's also some tricky reuse they could do, for example most character's legs could be reused as for the humans they're usually hidden behind skirts.

And there's the print tech. So good likenesses, which are key in figures based on the Lotr movies, would be easy slam dunks. Most characters don't need more than two or three accessories, so that fits in their style, and cloth capes would also be possible. And of course, a Balrog haslab would be funded in a day or less.

Hasbro and Lotr fit together like a glove... or a ring xd. It's almost funny how they just haven't done it yet. Or how pretty much any company whatsoever, apart from 4H, have done a medieval knight line.
spinc
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:13 am

Man I need a The Shadow figure from Neca or DST like yesterday. Preferably from the movie with an extra Alec Baldwin head. Add a good wired cape and it's a win.
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:34 pm

Watched a retrospective on Bionic 6 this weekend and think a NECA line similar to the Defenders of the Earth would be interesting.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:47 am

spinc wrote: I've said it before and I'll say it again: Hasbro should do Lotr.
I actually don't disagree with this. I bet Hasbro could do a really nice job making an expansive, but still nice-looking line of figures that are actually fun to play with.
spinc wrote: Man I need a The Shadow figure from Neca or DST like yesterday. Preferably from the movie with an extra Alec Baldwin head. Add a good wired cape and it's a win.
I keep hoping Boss Fight will do it, mostly because they're already making some other pulp stuff that I like, such as Tarzan, Phantom, and Zorro. The Shadow would be a great addition to that shelf.
gitwer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:49 pm

Ramen Toys teasing V (aka "The Visitors") figures might be scratching my personal all-time biggest action figure itch!
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:36 am

gitwer wrote:
Ramen Toys teasing V (aka "The Visitors") figures might be scratching my personal all-time biggest action figure itch!
where did you see that info, dont see that they have a IG?
gitwer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:04 am

Night Wolf wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:36 am
gitwer wrote:
where did you see that info, dont see that they have a IG?
On their FB page. They teased a few photos of Diana a few days ago, then opened up discussion on what to include in wave 1.

https://www.facebook.com/Ramentoy/
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:41 pm

Damn, I'm all in on a V line. Dianna and a Visitor troop builder is all I need! 4" too? Make it so!
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:06 am

interested in a 6 inch "V" line with 2 heads, one with a human head and the other with the lizard head
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:26 pm

Night Wolf wrote:
interested in a 6 inch "V" line with 2 heads, one with a human head and the other with the lizard head
The visitors would make fun figures (Diana, Johnathan, Martin, Willie, Lydia, and a troop builder)

The humans, however aren’t very exciting designs. Although, a good Michael Ironside would be tempting.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:31 pm

I'll take Visitors but I'd buy a fleet of their shuttles in 18th.
redxavier
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:20 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:47 am
spinc wrote: I've said it before and I'll say it again: Hasbro should do Lotr.
I actually don't disagree with this. I bet Hasbro could do a really nice job making an expansive, but still nice-looking line of figures that are actually fun to play with.
I like this idea too! I'm curious if the RoP show will lead to any activity.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:35 am

DetectiveHoag wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:26 pm
Night Wolf wrote:
The visitors would make fun figures (Diana, Johnathan, Martin, Willie, Lydia, and a troop builder)

The humans, however aren’t very exciting designs. Although, a good Michael Ironside would be tempting.
Hey DH, imagine if they do the alien lizard baby, instant buy.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”

Recent Topics