Dream figure lines that have never been made (properly)

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Dream figure lines that have never been made (properly)

Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:50 pm

As Adrien stated, Crystar wasn’t a hit. It’s likely not worth Marvel’s, nor Hasbro’s, attention. Marvel very well may have let their rights to the name/concept lapse, as they likely didn’t renew their claim to the name. Is it really hard to believe Crystar has remained in obscurity when it wasn’t a hit when it first came out?
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:04 pm

So do they lose the characters, or just the name? DC still has Shazam, just can’t call him Captain Marvel.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:33 pm

dogtownbrigade wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:16 pm
I probably posted this here before but, I'd love for someone...anyone...to finally make Marvel 70s tv figures. Both versions of Cap, Hammond Spidey-w/ swappable head for metal grill & lens eyes looks and Hulk & Bixby. And Dr. Strange too for completions sake.
I'd love a wave or boxset of this concept. Don't forget Thor also popped up in one of those Hulk films.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:13 pm

Night Wolf wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:16 am
Anakaris from DarkStalkers
(A mummy with a hulk body, powers and kool ancient head gear, hell yea!!!!)

While I'm not a big fan of Storm's sculpting, scale (I know people complain that the Figuarts Street Fighter villains are "too small," but not only do I not want Sagat to be twice the size of Ryu, I don't like Demitri towering over them all, either, vampire or not), or price, I do hope they at least make the main cast, but we only have one figure so far, and have only seen one prototype for another, with no movement or word otherwise...
Popoman
CROM?

Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:57 pm

I remember when SOTA revealed their prototype for Anakaris long ago :(
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:07 pm

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:04 pm
So do they lose the characters, or just the name? DC still has Shazam, just can’t call him Captain Marvel.
Depends on how you're meaning 'character'. The very large part of most character *designs* are vague enough that they can keep drawing the same costume; but like with Hasbro and Third Party Transformers the real key is the words/names and how/where they show up on the packaging.

DC can still have 'Captain Marvel' show up inside the comic in costume and as verbiage between characters but they were never able to publish a comic titled 'Captain Marvel' (that DC has now given up on the 'Captain Marvel' name entirely is no doubt due to frustration with this matter).

Marvel has similarly used ROM's 'character' despite not having the license (although you'll note they've not used the specific armor design of old as that may well have been part of the original Parker Brothers copyright/trademark).
JordanRH
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:38 pm

I would love a good comic book style Sin City line, there's so many strange looking main and lesser characters that could be done.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:07 pm

I want a Figma or S.H. Figuarts "Spriggan" line.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:52 pm

When "The Rocketeer" movie came out (and flopped) there were no actual figures of the Rocketeer. I think Applause made a crappy little preposed PVC figure, but that was it.

For whatever reason, Disney opened the floodgates a few years ago, and there were Rocketeers all over the place. High end 12 inch figures, regular 6-7 inch figures, even retro 4 inch figures.

But there was another comic book movie that I always thought was criminally shafted the same way, and that was "Dick Tracy."

Yeah, I know Playmates made those grotesque caricature figures in the style of their TMNT figures, but all I wanted was an actual ACTION FIGURE, not a "doll", not a PVC statue, of Warren Beatty AS Dick Tracy, actually wearing the iconic yellow trenchcoat and with a tommy gun like on the movie poster. Nobody ever made one, and I doubt anyone ever will, but I'd buy one.
MisplacedProjectile
Runs Around in Tights
Location: Under a couch cushion, or a dresser, or a recliner.

Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:32 am

^^^

Now you’re speaking my language. Dick Tracy was one of my favorite films as a kid and, while I loved the toy line they did make, I agree it could use an update.

I would buy a new high quality Dick Tracy figure in a second.
scottg10
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:10 pm

Mezco 1:12 Dick Tracy figures are coming some time this decade, maybe... They've been previewed, but not up for preorder yet.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”