Dream figure lines that have never been made (properly)

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Dream figure lines that have never been made (properly)

Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:00 pm

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:08 pm
If they could pull in Bart Sears for art work again that would be lovely.
Yeah, what the hell has Bart Sears done since the 90s? Like he fell off the face of the earth.

I think the sad reality is those big two didn't want to pay the "superstars" the page rates their worth, and these guys make far far more going out to conventions and doing a single commission than they would for a labor intensive book with interiors.

Not to open that can of worms but that's why Marvel and DC books are written and drawn by people that just plain can't write and draw, and all the remaining living legends in the industry just go town to town and make mad money on commissions and variant covers.

Eh....it was it is I guess. Sears' stuf on C.O.P.S. was sooooo freaking good. Not that man can DRAW!!
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:26 pm

That technically wasn't my comment you're quoting, but it sounds like Bart graduated up to working behind the scenes moreso than interior art.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/bart-sears-5b436a14

I wouldn't mind seeing more of his influence in the toy world.
BAT
Avengers Assemble

Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:54 pm

Would love to see Studio Ghibli figures, particularly Princess Mononoke.
Jcmmavsfan
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:58 pm

I would love to see a 1/12th line based on the James Bond franchise. Different Bonds, different villains, different leading ladies. Over 24+ films, that would be a line with legs that could go for a long time.
Action-Lion
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:38 pm

My dream line idea would have to be a 1/12 scale medieval line. The only 6 inch knights I can find are from a company called "coo model" which are made with armor pieces attached over soft goods, like a mezco or 1/6 style figure, which I've never been a fan of at this scale. And there is also Mythic Legions of course, but they are stylized, and since I'm late to the game, I've missed out on a ton of them, and don't know when they will make more. I want something like the Articulated Icons line but for medieval Europe (who knows, maybe the Fwoosh could get on that *nudge* *nudge* but I know they're focused on ninjas atm)
KingoftheNorth
HULK SMASH!

Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:18 am

I’d love to see some more realistic knights. I do have one of the CooModel 1/12 figures and it’s pretty nice and the soft goods work well, but at like $80 a pop forget about army building or anything.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this in the thread but I’d just about kill for some proper WILLOW figures.

I wonder if there’s any shot of that happening with the Disney+ show set to debut next year.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:41 am

i would like 1:12 scale people from Orko's planet, nobody has thought of that one, haha.
Xnbach
Faster than a speeding bullet

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:02 pm

I was thinking the other day that there have been a few Vamirellas put out there, but nobody has ever done the rest of the comic characters from Eerie/Harris Publishing. They would probably still end up doing Vampirella, but maybe throw in her supporting cast like Pendragon or the Van Helsings this time around.

The other popular character was Restin Dane, aka the Rook, grandson of the Time Traveler

After that, you could do Hunter and Exterminator One, Darklon the Mystic, maybe throw in some of the monster characters (Curse of the Werewolf, The Mummy Walks)

Finish up the collection with Cousin Eerie and Uncle Creepy
YinzerToyGuy
Here comes a new challenger!

Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:23 pm

Robo and Veebs have talked about it, but an all inclusive Classic Hanna-Barbera line would be great, as long as we get Thundarr and Herculoids figures out of it.

I'd love someone to revisit Blackstar and Sectaurs in 1:12

I'd like a good Witchblade figure, what we have doesn't really hold up.

Affordable 1:12 versions of Gatchaman/Battle of The Planets/ G-Force
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:28 pm

YinzerToyGuy wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:23 pm
I'm with you on both of these, but I think I'd prefer something closer to 1:10 so they could mesh better with my MOTU Classics/ Thundercats Ultimates displays. But I would be all in on these two lines if someone made them. Crystar too for that matter.

Other things I would love to see done well in a 1:12 format (they would have to come form Hasbro at this point I would think) - ROM Space Knight and Micronauts.
Reefer Shark
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:57 pm

Jead wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:24 pm
A general line for gaming characters would be do cool. Get licenses for all the properties of certain companies so we can get legacy of kain, tomb raider, deus ex, darksiders, crysis, dmc, street fighter, metal gear, yakuza, max payne, whatever. Most gaming properties deserve so much more then what little amount we have of decades old figures and occasional import figures.
NECA did exactly that some years back with a line called "Player Select". It was quite an extensive line and it was fantastic! Some of the best NECA figures came to fruition there!
Jead
Customized

Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:33 am

Reefer Shark wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:57 pm
Jead wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:24 pm
A general line for gaming characters would be do cool. Get licenses for all the properties of certain companies so we can get legacy of kain, tomb raider, deus ex, darksiders, crysis, dmc, street fighter, metal gear, yakuza, max payne, whatever. Most gaming properties deserve so much more then what little amount we have of decades old figures and occasional import figures.
NECA did exactly that some years back with a line called "Player Select". It was quite an extensive line and it was fantastic! Some of the best NECA figures came to fruition there!
I know that line, sadly I was too young to collect when it was out. The figures I'd want from it are way too expensive now (or horribly dated with neca's engineering from that era) so I'd love to see someone tackle the idea and licensed again with modern engineering and QC, and maybe make it 1/12 this time.

The DMC1 Dante figure and Legacy of Kain figures have ALWAYS been on my radar, but just can't justify the price yet.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:11 pm

YinzerToyGuy wrote:Robo and Veebs have talked about it, but an all inclusive Classic Hanna-Barbera line would be great, as long as we get Thundarr and Herculoids figures out of it.

I'd like a good Witchblade figure, what we have doesn't really hold up.

Affordable 1:12 versions of Gatchaman/Battle of The Planets/ G-Force
I was a poor high school/college student when the Toynami Herculoids figures came out. I still lament not having them in my collection.

I want S.H. Figuarts to tackle Gatchaman. As well as finish up Cowboy Bebop & a complete Ninja Scroll collection.

Actually, I wouldn't say no to Storm Collectibles doing Ninja Scroll either.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”