Dream figure lines that have never been made (properly)

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
JTMarsh
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Dream figure lines that have never been made (properly)

Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:36 am

I thought Dino Riders was well done especially given how long ago that was, the level of detail of the dinos and the amount of stuff each came with for the price. I think someone like Super7 could definitely give us an updated version that would please a lot of fans, but it'd likely be pretty expensive considering the old high end ones actually walked and moved their heads.

I would like to see Dick Tracy done as both a Super7 Ultimates line (yes, I know they're $50 bucks a piece and why not buy the old ones for cheaper on Ebay), but it'd be nice to see them done as "normal" proportioned characters despite the various villains' disfigurements. Definitely could have a different manufacturer for that line too.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:48 pm

Man, all them Jurassic Park/World dino molds plus the MegaConstrux figure format plus the Dino-Riders license all being held by Mattel is the universe saying that line needs to happen but Mattel is too dumb to realize it.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:10 pm

scottg10 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:23 pm
I’d love a B5 line, but word on the street (because I’m someone who hangs out on the street...) is that WB has no interest in licensing the property. Eaglemoss/Hero Collector have tried to get the license for their Starships line, but have not been able to. It’s also possible that people at the WB hate JMS.
Ding! Ding! Ding!
We have a winner.
WB and JMS have a very tumultuous relationship. WB didn’t like how much control JMS held over his property. JMS didn’t like how WB kept trying to dictate how he should tell his story. Even with the concessions JMS allowed, WB still wanted greater control. He had to fight to get his final season. It’s also why WB worked to kill JMS’s Crusade. It’s likely, they’re being petty, and trying to keep the Babylonian Productions buried.
Jead
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:19 pm

mimosa77 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:25 pm
I would like
a western line in 1/12
a gangster line year 30 in 1/12
a pirate line in 1/12
Mission: Impossible/James Bond of preference mezco one 12
Golgo 13 1/12 size ML not figma
Kazuma Kiryu 1/12 size ML not figma
doc savage 1/12 size ML not figma
Swamp Thing Comics but successful the last two were missed, it's my opinion
I need a bigger Golgo so bad. A matching Takao Saito James Bond or any of his other characters would be a dream come true.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:30 pm

Here's a dumb one I've had for years that I doubt I'll find many fellow travelers for:

Third-party Beast Wars. Emphasis on realistic beast modes, robot modes tweaked/redesigned to streamline away some of the animal kibble. Toon accuracy not a big concern, keep 'em basically recognizable but the show designs are outdated and there are certain choices made because of the limited toy tech that I've just never liked (Megatron's dino-head-for-a-hand, Cheetor's cheetah legs just laying on his back, Scorponok's claw-hands, Dinobot's spinning-tail weapon, various insect characters with beast mode legs hanging off their arms, etc.).
Jead
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:14 pm

Now that most 80s properties have modern figure lines... Galaxy Rangers. Way overdue for the toyline it deserves. Super 7 would easily be the way to go, here.

Hell, dredge up the molds of unreleased figures and reissue the classic figures so we can complete a collection without selling half our organs.
Junkpile
one man's trash...

Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:41 pm

Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers
Thundarr (needs updated artic and how did they not do Gemini?!?)
Bionic Six
Visionaries
Looney Tunes

Those would all be insta-buys for me.
CrumpsBrother
HULK SMASH!

Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:27 am

Thundarr for sure. With the mounts. I’d love a western classics line, Zorro, Cisco Kid, Lone Ranger, even old western movies...maybe I have a thing for horses. Maybe I’m an Equesticle...
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:29 am

I'm going to repost my desire for classic V and also Starcrash.

misterskeezler on Instagram

jkpopculture
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:37 am

BrigsbyBear wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:54 pm
It's that time of year where I always wish that someone would make a Turbo Man and Booster. It seems like something right up NECA's alley.

Have you seen the new electronic one?
jkpopculture
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:45 am

I would love a modern rom space knight in the 6 inch scale. I missed out on the one from the revolution Boxset and would prefer to have it in 6 inch scale anyway. Maybe with super 7 getting ahold of various hasbro properties they could at least make a reaction figure if not a ULTIMATES one.
Simalaly I really want a modern figure of Baron karza from micronauts. Just an awesome design. I believe that a modern micronauts line was shown off in the early to mid 2000s but never came to fruition. And a tiny inarticulate mini figure was in the revolution Boxset. But I would love to own a figure of him.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:23 pm

Jead wrote:Now that most 80s properties have modern figure lines... Galaxy Rangers. Way overdue for the toyline it deserves. Super 7 would easily be the way to go, here.

Hell, dredge up the molds of unreleased figures and reissue the classic figures so we can complete a collection without selling half our organs.
Galaxy Rangers has one of the best intros ever. I fondly remember the animation, but don't remember a single episode.

Silverhawks is the same way. Remember the into, but don't remember a single episode despite owning the Quicksilver & Buzz-Saw figures.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:26 pm

For starters, I need Bandai to finish the Cowboy Bebop cast.

S.H. Figuarts Ninja Scroll
S.H. Figuarts Gatchaman
Hasbro Dino-Riders done similar to 25th JOES NOT cheaply made Marvel Universe.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

supermonkey
teh awsum

Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:55 pm

jkpopculture wrote:
I would love a modern rom space knight in the 6 inch scale. I missed out on the one from the revolution Boxset and would prefer to have it in 6 inch scale anyway. Maybe with super 7 getting ahold of various hasbro properties they could at least make a reaction figure if not a ULTIMATES one.
Simalaly I really want a modern figure of Baron karza from micronauts. Just an awesome design. I believe that a modern micronauts line was shown off in the early to mid 2000s but never came to fruition. And a tiny inarticulate mini figure was in the revolution Boxset. But I would love to own a figure of him.
If they just scaled up that 3.75" ROM that would almost be good enough. Better than nothing, anyway.
jkpopculture
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:00 pm

supermonkey wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:55 pm
jkpopculture wrote:
If they just scaled up that 3.75" ROM that would almost be good enough. Better than nothing, anyway.
Agreed.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”