Dream figure lines that have never been made (properly)

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Dream figure lines that have never been made (properly)

Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:50 pm

Dino-Riders

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs

Ninja Scroll done by Storm Collectibles or S.H. Figuarts

S.H. Figuarts to finish Cowboy Bebop

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:03 pm

Would love to get some figures from Fairy Tail the series shocked someone like figma hasn’t made any
BAT
Avengers Assemble

Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:18 am

Whitehawk345 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:32 pm
BAT wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:53 am
Anyone said Gargoyles yet? Was such a great series. We got some decent, fun figures in the 90s, but I would love an expansive line with modern articulation and on-model sculpts. Could be cool with straight animated designs or interpreted more realistically with additional detail but still based on animated look (similar to Star Wars Black series adaptations of Rebels characters).
I second that... a company like SH Figuarts, NECA, Super Seven, etc doing it. Giving it the love it deserves.

Ideally, for each of the gargs… two pairs of wings. One pair spread and one pair cloaked… the tech exists for modern figures and Figuarts could easily accomplish this. You’d also have multiple pairs of hands to hold various accessories and for various hand gestures.

I think I’ll go through each core character one by one and discuss what I would like to see. Confining this to the show, since realistically I don’t think Figuarts would throw in references from the SLG comics.

GOLIATH: He’d be the biggest and thus the priciest, but I would package him with a book and a stool as accessories. Maybe the Eye of Odin and half of the Phoenix Gate as well, since he wielded them in later episodes. Two face plates, so you can have him calm and stoic, and one where he’s growling with eyes glowing.

HUDSON: He’d definitely need to be packaged with his sword, and for a fun single-episode accessory, a shard of his stone skin. And, like Goliath, two different face plates… stoic and a battle visage.

BROOKLYN: I’d package him with the Grimorum Arcanorum. And a calm face plate and a battle visage.

BROADWAY: I’d package him with a book, since he’s still learning to read. The severed arm of a Steel Clan robot, like the one he used in “The Edge” to impale another robot. A jar of jalapenos, the Mayan Sun Amulet. And, like the other gargoyles, a calm face plate and a battle visage.

LEXINGTON: He’d come with a laptop and a calm face plate and a battle visage face plate.

ANGELA: The Phoenix Gate. A calm face plate and a battle visage face plate.

BRONX: Multiple different heads for his various moods. And a stand so you can pose him in a pouncing position.

ELISA MAZA: She’d come with her service pistol, her badge, a flashlight. A pair of handcuffs. She’d come with a crushed service pistol, since so many of her guns were destroyed. And multiple face plates for different moods.

DAVID XANATOS: A particle beam weapon. The Coyote Diamond. A dart gun. A 10th century Scottish coin. A briefcase with $20 million inside. Multiple face plates to convey different moods.

DEMONA: A particle beam cannon (with a hand option to use it as a club). A bazooka. A mace. A stolen page from the Grimorum Arcanorum. The Praying Gargoyle. The Medici Tablet. The other half of the Phoenix Gate. A spear, like the one she threw at Elisa in “The Mirror”. Calm and battle visage face plates.

Alternate Demona in human form as a convention exclusive.

MACBETH: His “lightning gun”. A grenade. A broadsword. An alternate head with the Hunter mask. A broken fake Excalibur. And multiple face plates for different moods.

STEEL CLAN ROBOT: Alternate forearms where the cannon is raised and where it’s concealed. Various battle damaged pieces. And, a crimson variant with some retooling that is Xanatos in his armor... with an alternate, unmasked head.

OWEN BURNETT: Just a man in a suit. A handgun and a briefcase as accessories, perhaps an alternate stone left fist. And a super secret accessory... a second action figure, kind of a two-pack. Those of you who know what I'm talking about can guess. ;)

FOX: In her Pack costume, naturally. She would come with a hand gun, and with her and Xanatos's infant son, Alexander.

WOLF: Upgraded genetically mutated werewolf. Comes with alternate heads, and a medieval battle axe.

JACKAL: Upgraded version. Comes with alternate body parts to create his cybernetic weapons.

HYENA: See Jackal.

DINGO: Upgraded. Comes in the exo-frame. Alternate heads. And some of his own weapons, i.e. explosive boomerangs.

COYOTE: Build-A-Figure.

THAILOG: The old Kenner line gave us so many Goliath clones, but never his official clone. Armored Thailog from his latter appearances, with a really big gun. Multiple face plates.

I need to stop... there's so much that can be done. Coldstone. A three-pack of the Weird Sisters. Oberon, Titania, the Hunters, etc.
Well, well! I'm sure you've seen NECA's Goliath by now. Hope they are in for the long haul as I'd buy every figure on your list and more. Really like the idea for swappable flying and wrapped wings; here's dreaming.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:52 am

I'm going to need the Gargoyles, Eliza, Xanatos, Xanatos in Goliath armor, Owen, Macbeth, Puck, Coldstone, & The Pack please.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:45 am

Well. Now that we’re getting Gargoyles. What am I going to hope for now?

Another 90’s gem. But one that got cut way too short:

spinc
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:10 am

You know what I want?

I want Mcfarlane to make The Legend of Zelda figures. From the best games.

Just imagine.... a fully detailed, fully articulated Link from Twilight Princess (I know there's a figma, but I missed it, besides, it's expensive and rare).

Or a Skyrim line. They have the license (or had). Or a Dark Souls line! Just imagine all those intrically sculpted armors realised with the full articulation..... Maybe they could do Elden Ring? Basically the same thing, just new.

Maybe they'll announce something cool in their summer fest. But man, I can dream...
dogtownbrigade
HULK SMASH!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:32 pm

I want NES Pro Wrestling and Mike Tyson's Punchout! figures.
supermonkey
teh awsum

Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:17 pm

dogtownbrigade wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:32 pm
I want NES Pro Wrestling and Mike Tyson's Punchout! figures.
Not gonna lie, I'd be all about an Amazon figure.
Piston Honda, too.
ShadowBlaze
Here comes a new challenger!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:31 am

I'll pile on with the folks who suggested modernized lines for Farscape and Babylon 5 (two of my all-time favourite TV series). I have most of the B5 figures released in the '90s, but the actor likenesses and minimal articulation were pretty abysmal by most standards even then.

Hellraiser. I will give NECA credit for acquiring what had been a seemingly impossible license in the early 2000s and churning out a fairly impressive assortment of figures and props covering the span of the film franchise. Unfortunately, I always felt they petered out too soon, having failed to release product for which design art (Female Bound Cenobite) or prototypes (Kirsty versus the Engineer) were publicly shown. Considering many of the figures were virtual statues with little useful articulation, modern updates in the vein of 2020's Ultimate Pinhead would be more than welcome. I would like to see a line that includes not only the Cenobites and skinless versions of Frank and Julia, but also some of the franchise's protagonists, such as Kirsty, Tiffany, Joey, and Paul Merchant.

One of my favourite '90s cartoons/toy lines is ExoSquad. Playmates Toys produced an utterly fantastic 1:24th scale line of fully articulated E-Frames and pilots between 1993 and 1996; I can't even imagine what those would be like if executed to contemporary sculpting and engineering standards. Part of me feels a direct update may ultimately be somewhat cost-prohibitive for someone such as myself who collects mostly figures that retail for under $40. Still, I'd happily sign up for pilot figures without the fancy mech suits if Hasbro or McFarlane wanted to do them in 1:12th scale.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:12 pm

ShadowBlaze wrote:
One of my favourite '90s cartoons/toy lines is ExoSquad. Playmates Toys produced an utterly fantastic 1:18th 24th scale line of fully articulated E-Frames and pilots between 1993 and 1996; I can't even imagine what those would be like if executed to contemporary sculpting and engineering standards. Part of me feels a direct update may ultimately be somewhat cost-prohibitive for someone such as myself who collects mostly figures that retail for under $40. Still, I'd happily sign up for pilot figures without the fancy mech suits if Hasbro or McFarlane wanted to do them in 1:12th scale.

I need Soul Reaver to get a modern revisit, preferably in 18th so there's hope to armybuild the guards and whatnot. Evolved Raziel just before Kain tears his wings and throws him into the Well of Souls is a must.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:15 pm

AdrienVeidt wrote:
ShadowBlaze wrote:
One of my favourite '90s cartoons/toy lines is ExoSquad. Playmates Toys produced an utterly fantastic 1:18th 24th scale line of fully articulated E-Frames and pilots between 1993 and 1996; I can't even imagine what those would be like if executed to contemporary sculpting and engineering standards. Part of me feels a direct update may ultimately be somewhat cost-prohibitive for someone such as myself who collects mostly figures that retail for under $40. Still, I'd happily sign up for pilot figures without the fancy mech suits if Hasbro or McFarlane wanted to do them in 1:12th scale.

I need Soul Reaver to get a modern revisit, preferably in 18th so there's hope to armybuild the guards and whatnot. Evolved Raziel just before Kain tears his wings and throws him into the Well of Souls is a must.
Oh absolutely! I'd also like a remake of the game while they're at it

misterskeezler on Instagram

mimosa77
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:25 pm

I would like
a western line in 1/12
a gangster line year 30 in 1/12
a pirate line in 1/12
Mission: Impossible/James Bond of preference mezco one 12
Golgo 13 1/12 size ML not figma
Kazuma Kiryu 1/12 size ML not figma
doc savage 1/12 size ML not figma
Swamp Thing Comics but successful the last two were missed, it's my opinion
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:08 pm

I’ll toss in another vote for Babylon 5 and Farscape. Two of my favorite properties.

I’ll add a suggestion for a line of pulp heroes and villains. A few individuals have popped up here and there, but I’d like a line of 1/12 pulp characters in a compatible scale and style. There’s a multitude of characters and many of them have fallen into public domain.
The Shadow. The Phantom. Avenger. Doc Savage. Spider. Black Bat. Domino Lady. Crimson Clown. Judex. Green Hornet. Kato. I V Frost. Joan Moray. Lady Luck. Pat Wildman. Zero the silent. Phantom Detective. Masked Detective. Purple Scar. Ghost. The Bat. Mandrake the Magician. Lothor. Narda. G-8.
Captain Midnight. Moon Man. Dr Coffin
Shiwan Khan. Black Star. John Sunlight. Scarlet Ace. Dr Nikola. Dr Death. Fantomas. Cobra. Dr Yen Sin. Gray Ghost. Masked Headsman. Dr Skull. War Emperor. Vampire King. Wu Fang.
Just to illustrate the potential. There are more where those came from.
scottg10
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:23 pm

I’d love a B5 line, but word on the street (because I’m someone who hangs out on the street...) is that WB has no interest in licensing the property. Eaglemoss/Hero Collector have tried to get the license for their Starships line, but have not been able to. It’s also possible that people at the WB hate JMS.
TwEE-N-Toast
Faster than a speeding bullet

Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:06 pm

I'd kill for a Studio Ghibli line done by figma, or a Chrono Trigger line done by sh figuarts.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”