Super7: Disney ULTIMATES!

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7: Disney ULTIMATES!

Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:21 pm

I got the same email. Very surprised these are still in pre-production, I wonder if they had a hard time getting certain aspects of these figures right? I know Brian said that Disney was very particular about the packaging, maybe that ended up extending to the product as well? It's disappointing since we probably won't see these in 2021 now. On the bright side, those pre-production samples look terrific. I'm a little surprised at how short Pinocchio appears to be in relation to Mickey, but that will help him scale with a Gepetto or Honest Jon if they go that route in the future.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:39 pm

Frick..... I cancelled all the Disney stuff as I'm spending too much on toys, but I may cave right back in on these...
VeeBee wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:05 pm
Shipping from the factory in December. It is nice to get a feel for the relative scale here, which looks good overall. Image
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:54 pm

I have no interest in these, but they are SO CUTE!

And they look very well done :)
hisdudeness9829
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:18 pm

Yes!! I’m so stoked for that Prince Jon!!
theflicker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:54 pm

Perhaps it's just his nose obstructing the view, but Mickey's eyes look a little small or too close together.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:36 pm

They look so good can’t wait
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:50 am

I can't believe I ordered these toys over a year ago. I thought it just felt like a long time since I'm so anxious to get them. I guess I just need a little more patience with them.
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:57 am

When I ordered these I wondered how big Pinocchio would be and glad to see he is small enough to scale with a 7" Geppetto (should they make him) or the other figures from the movie. I would have been fine with Pinoch being larger but this is cool.
PlastikAddict
Customized

Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:19 pm

Got an email from BBTS that these have been delayed to January or beyond.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:45 pm

PlastikAddict wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:19 pm
Got an email from BBTS that these have been delayed to January or beyond.
Missed opportunity for an "infinity and beyond joke." SMH. :lol:
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:47 pm

That tracks with the latest updated Super7 gave which had these leaving the factory in December. Well, the beyond part anyway if it's still taking 60 days on the water for anything to get from Asia to North America. Happy Valentine's Day!
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:13 pm

This line has been so delayed. I get it, the world is different now, but at the same time S7 seems to be mostly on track with TMNT (their other lines are seem delayed though). I had to look back in this thread to see when I originally pre-orderd it, and I think that was over a year ago in August 2020.

I feel like TMNT was big business for them, and I think this could be another homerun if they can release products at a steady pace to keep up interest and meet demand.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:01 am

christianpyro wrote: This line has been so delayed. I get it, the world is different now, but at the same time S7 seems to be mostly on track with TMNT (their other lines are seem delayed though). I had to look back in this thread to see when I originally pre-orderd it, and I think that was over a year ago in August 2020.

I feel like TMNT was big business for them, and I think this could be another homerun if they can release products at a steady pace to keep up interest and meet demand.
I imagine there is some level of having to prioritize things right now for them. If their factories aren't operating at 100% yet, and most in China aren't as far as I'm aware, then they may have to be constantly making decisions about what gets pushed and what doesn't in order to keep things flowing. And, of course, you'd imagine that TMNT would take precedence over anything else right now.

And with this being the first Disney wave, it feels more like they can afford to push it back a bit because you're debut wave taking forever to come out is probably -less- problematic than long delays -between- waves, if that makes sense.

Just my guess.

Because of the financial ruin that has been Covid, I cancelled my Prince John pre-order. But I'm really hoping that I'll be able to go in for him again before the pre-order on BBTS sells out completely. He looks pretty good.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:13 am

That make sense. I imagine Disney may also be more difficult to work with, which slows things down.

I actually ended up canceling my pre-orders for all but Prince John. Kept Robin Hood and the Hippo from wave 2. I hate to see my interest waning.
EICzerofour
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:14 am

Since ordering wave 1 I have moved, found out I am going to be a parent, and will probably be a parent before wave 1 lands. I'm excited but I really am sad to see these so delayed.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”