Super7: Disney ULTIMATES!

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7: Disney ULTIMATES!

Thu May 06, 2021 2:34 am

By the by... 10am in what time zone? I actually would like to make sure I get an order in for this one since I've already got John pre-ordered.
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 2:55 am

Damn, Robin Hood is beautiful! They got me for two Prince Johns and it looks like I'll need two of this guy also.
Joda
Runs Around in Tights

Thu May 06, 2021 3:09 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:34 am
By the by... 10am in what time zone? I actually would like to make sure I get an order in for this one since I've already got John pre-ordered.
Super7 operates out of California, so I'd assume PST. (Though these orders are open for a month so you have plenty of time.)
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 4:44 am

panther10 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:10 pm
Joda wrote:My two cents? I'm not actually expecting Super7 to do any of Disney's "Major" animated characters. I kinda feel like the princesses might be off limits. Whether that's just not 'Super7's thing', or an edict passed down by Disney, I don't know. I think the 'success' of this line will be with niche under-represented (or forgotten) Disney characters. I can certainly see them mining 'retro' and 70's/80's characters quite well.
I guess we won’t know until Super7 spills the beans. But I feel like when it comes to classic Disney characters, any member of the Mickey Troop or the Disney princesses are typically considered to be the easiest to market to the average consumer. It would be just too easy of a target market for Super7 to pass on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brian had said (I think during a Fwooshcast interview) that the major characters from hit movies/franchises that have plenty of merch out there for people to buy, aren't what they were looking at doing for this line.
So Beauty & the Beast, or any other "princess" adjacent characters from their films aren't likely to happen.

The oddball/variants of the Disney Trinity would be more likely from the line, as evidenced by Mickey from wave 1.
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 5:07 am

I'm in on about half these. If they'd get the Warner Bros Looney Tunes license I'd be in 100%
MollyMillions
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu May 06, 2021 5:27 am

Bummer to hear about the princesses.

I grew up with the resurgence princesses, and always loved Aurora.

Sure, there's tons of merch and exclusives out there at the Disney Store, but it's Dolls and figurines that aren't what Super7 or... Any action figure company really does.

I want that desktop scaled, super detailed with accessories and poseability, not a gimmicked 12" doll.

Lego at least throws in Elsa and Jasmine and Ariel in with the CMF line.

In my heart of hearts I'd even take a Hasbro quality Belle and Ariel and Pocahontas with alt heads and hands and animal friends.
allfigurative
Runs Around in Tights

Thu May 06, 2021 6:12 am

I would also love screen-accurate Princesses. I was really hoping that Figma would keep going after Elsa, and something like Super7 can do with soft goods would be even better. Still, there's a lot of really good Disney properties to mine, and I'm going to keep all my fingers crossed for Treasure Planet. Those character designs just beg to be toys.
Joda
Runs Around in Tights

Thu May 06, 2021 1:04 pm

You guys and gals wanting princesses are really looking towards the wrong company. If that stuff is gonna happen, I'd expect them to be imports at this point.
jonaskane
Runs Around in Tights

Thu May 06, 2021 1:29 pm

Oo-de-lally! Definitely looking forward to Robin, always been tough to find merch for it. Hopefully at least Little John and Marian will follow.

Gimme a Tod and Copper two pack. Esmerelda and Quasimodo. Hercules and Meg. The Incredibles. Peter Pan. Roger and Jessica Rabbit.

And even though she's a 'princess', Mulan is almost always left out of the main merchandising pushes for those characters (leaving aside the merch for the live action movie). I'd love to get a Mulan in this line.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Thu May 06, 2021 1:54 pm

Man, if they did Roger and Jessica Rabbit I would freak out!
DisneyBoy
Avengers Assemble

Thu May 06, 2021 4:46 pm

Please give me a gorgeous Maleficent with soft goods...
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 5:03 pm

The waiting for noon has been more of a struggle and I anticipated, lol. Show me the reveals already!
XvGojira
Here comes a new challenger!

Thu May 06, 2021 5:45 pm

I hope that they end up doing a Maid Marian to go with Robin.
Longbowhunter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 6:00 pm

Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 6:01 pm

Wow, I don't think anyone came close to guessing that lineup.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”

Recent Topics