Madballs from Megalopolis: Gross for one, gross for all!

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
starguarded
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Madballs from Megalopolis: Gross for one, gross for all!

Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:44 am

Anyone snapped any pictures with the parts mixed up yet? How does Orbus' eyeball head look on Splitting Headache's body?
SpiderHulkThing
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:51 am

Roufuss wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:38 am
They mentioned on Instagram that they are working through all of the orders now but they have limited staff, and any preorders will go out before in-stock orders.
Thanks for posting this. I was pretty upset when I received an e-mail advertising the in-store sale when they haven’t even honored the preorders yet. And to be honest, I’m still a little bothered that they are selling them in their store now. I wish them the best so they can continue making more, but I was under the impression that you had to preorder to get them. Had I known they would be available when the released to everyone, I would have never preordered and that would have saved me from some stress and concern if they were ever going to actually come out.

Anyhow, I am glad the battletoads made their way to BBTS. Just getting the toads. Too expensive for all of them, but they all do look good.
piggyv01
CROM!

Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:51 pm

Yeah, the whole thing has been a little dodgy (unsurprisingly). They initially suggested the preorder was the only was to get them and that it would only be at Megalopolis...but several weeks later they popped up at BBTS and now they're doing in stock sales.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:27 am

starguarded wrote:
Anyone snapped any pictures with the parts mixed up yet? How does Orbus' eyeball head look on Splitting Headache's body?
give me 5 minutes, will switch parts for you, ill do a compare with legends and neca too
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:29 am

Voorhees - 7" (neca)
Snake i's - 6.5" (legends)
Night wing - 7" (essentials)
Lion-o - 8" (ban dai)

Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:14 am

starguarded wrote:
starguarded
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:00 am

Night Wolf wrote:
starguarded wrote:
give me 5 minutes, will switch parts for you, ill do a compare with legends and neca too
Thanks for taking those! Look so cool, I cant wait for them to get here
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:44 am

starguarded wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:00 am
Night Wolf wrote:
starguarded wrote:
Thanks for taking those! Look so cool, I cant wait for them to get here
you will love them, they are heavy and very articulated
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:37 pm

How durable do they seem? After all the problems I was expecting a lot of complaints about broken and/or poor engineered parts. Which would be the cherry on top. A modular line that breaks when you take them apart lol.

My guess about the in stock is those are extras after the orders are already filled. It would truly reek if it was anything else. Not that I would completely put it past this company...
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:38 pm

I don’t have mine yet, but everyone I know who has handled these personally has praised the construction of them. Very heavy figures, very durable, nothing stuck, no heating required. I haven’t heard of any QC issues yet.
Poe Ghostal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:55 pm

Yeah, the fact is they're quality action figures, whatever else one might think of the company.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:29 pm

I mean outside of general design quibbles, everything Shocker made was pretty good too.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:47 pm

ODBJBG wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:29 pm
I mean outside of general design quibbles, everything Shocker made was pretty good too.
Mhmm. I genuinely liked my Maxx figure a lot and had it for a long damn time.
But I mean.. it's definitely the 'this video game company makes games that are good, so I'm not going to get too bothered over them protecting sexual abusers' argument, isn't it?
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:18 am

I’m not surprised that the quality is there. It’s their first line to market, it has to be good. Plus, Mega’s problem was managing money. Reading their press releases and such when Premium DNA was launched gave me a real 38 Studios vibe. Gamers will know 38 Studios as the game developer that went belly up because it spent way too much money developing its first, and only, game. It would not surprise me in the least if this company were to quickly find itself drowning in debt. Especially considering the current climate which is hard to navigate even for seasoned companies.
SpiderHulkThing
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:34 pm

I checked my emails and I ordered before they ran out of the posters to come with the first 1,000 orders. I still haven’t received a shipping notice or any notification.

Are any of you still waiting on shipping notices?

Also, those who have received notifications or received product did you order before or after the posters sold out. I’m wondering if the poster is holding up my order.

I’m a recovering Chronicle Collectibles victim. They really scarred me for life on preorders.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”