Plunderlings

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
User avatar
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Chicago 'Burbs
Posts: 5808
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:36 am

Re: Plunderlings

Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:12 pm

I only went BBTS, but I picked Naufrag, Cayo, and BlacJak.
nilocomic
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:10 am

Re: Plunderlings

Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:08 am

Plunderstrongs Drench Typhoon and Cursed Naufrag through the Kickstarter, and shooting for Plunderlongs Captain Ojoe, Tinker Rusty, and Cursed Cayo through Entertainment Earth.
User avatar
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4022
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 12:22 am

Re: Plunderlings

Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:08 pm

New SDCC exclusive, Drench Arctic Clear Variant, is up for preorder at EE. Ships in August: http://thefwoosh.com/2022/07/entertainm ... exclusive/

Looks okay. It appears to just be a drench in clear plastic. If it had a frost coating or something I'd probably be interested, but I think I'll pass. 40 bucks and ships free if you use the code. Also, based on the email, it sounds like orders aren't guaranteed. It's being sold at the booth, and EE gets the leftovers. That could make for a frustrating experience, but I'm guessing they wouldn't do this if they didn't think they'd have ample amounts of leftover product.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8335
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:03 am

Re: Plunderlings

Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:49 pm

Misfit wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:08 pm
New SDCC exclusive, Drench Arctic Clear Variant, is up for preorder at EE. Ships in August: http://thefwoosh.com/2022/07/entertainm ... exclusive/

Looks okay. It appears to just be a drench in clear plastic. If it had a frost coating or something I'd probably be interested, but I think I'll pass. 40 bucks and ships free if you use the code. Also, based on the email, it sounds like orders aren't guaranteed. It's being sold at the booth, and EE gets the leftovers. That could make for a frustrating experience, but I'm guessing they wouldn't do this if they didn't think they'd have ample amounts of leftover product.
Damn, that sold out real quick. Super disappointing even Plunderlings is now doing “convention only” exclusives, considering the line is funded by fans from all over the world.

Maybe a glitch, back in stock now apparently? Still stand by my previous point.
User avatar
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 18425
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:13 pm

Re: Plunderlings

Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:40 am

Roufuss wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:49 pm
Misfit wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:08 pm
New SDCC exclusive, Drench Arctic Clear Variant, is up for preorder at EE. Ships in August: http://thefwoosh.com/2022/07/entertainm ... exclusive/

Looks okay. It appears to just be a drench in clear plastic. If it had a frost coating or something I'd probably be interested, but I think I'll pass. 40 bucks and ships free if you use the code. Also, based on the email, it sounds like orders aren't guaranteed. It's being sold at the booth, and EE gets the leftovers. That could make for a frustrating experience, but I'm guessing they wouldn't do this if they didn't think they'd have ample amounts of leftover product.
Damn, that sold out real quick. Super disappointing even Plunderlings is now doing “convention only” exclusives, considering the line is funded by fans from all over the world.

Maybe a glitch, back in stock now apparently? Still stand by my previous point.
It's just a clear variant of the basic Plunderling body, that's the perfect kind of Con exclusive. It's not a new figure on a new body that will only be available at the con,
User avatar
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2129
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:17 pm

Re: Plunderlings

Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:14 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:49 pm
Damn, that sold out real quick. Super disappointing even Plunderlings is now doing “convention only” exclusives, considering the line is funded by fans from all over the world.

Maybe a glitch, back in stock now apparently? Still stand by my previous point.
Never forget these companies aren't your friends. As much as we love toys / action figures, these companies just want your money (even if they also want to provide you with things you want).
EICzerofour
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:27 am

Re: Plunderlings

Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:14 am

I feel like that is obvious. It is the companies job to make money. But smaller indie companies like Plunderlings care for their customers. They sent me, out of the blue, a letter and pin that I was in no way expecting, basically thanking me for my continued support . Another indie company I follow (Knights of the Slice) also interacts with it's customers, answers questions about toy making, and more. A lot of these places also know the people in the community, which I think is cool. Not just the toy celebs.

Some other cool things these, and other indie companies do is share toy photography, i've had Plunderlings message me when toys went in stock. I know they are a business and not my friend, but they are personable and friendly, which is why I like supporting indie companies so much.
User avatar
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.
Posts: 21672
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:38 pm

Re: Plunderlings

Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:43 am

Robo, MattK, and I hung out with Ricky quite a bit at the show, and he is such an awesome guy. He cares a LOT about the figures and his customers and he has such a refreshingly humble nature. There are some really cool things coming and this deserves all the success in the world.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8335
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:03 am

Re: Plunderlings

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:29 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:14 pm
Oh, I know. I was initially leaning heavily towards Goyle, because his hood is awesome, but Teel came with more accessories & I like his skin color the best (I literally had all of the in stock ones on BBTS open in their own tabs, going back & forth, whittling them down to just one for finances' sake, lol).

I'd already have one if I'd decided I wanted Grotto while he was still in stock. Definitely regretting that now. :|
Yo!! Check it out:

The following figures and accessory crates will be available to PURCHASE (not Pre-Order) on PLUNDERLINGS.COM shipping WORLDWIDE* at 7PM EST on WEDNESDAY AUGUST 17TH. In an effort to make the stock last, items will be limited to 1 of Each Item per Customer.

PLUNDERLING FAWN FLOOT
PLUNDERLING FAWN GROTTO
WHITE HATCHLING CRATE (for Plunderling Zombone)
TRANSPARENT ROSE HATCHLING CRATE (for Drench Koral)
TRANSPARENT TURQUOISE HATCHLING CRATE (for Drench Maru)
TRANSPARENT CRYSTAL HATCHLING CRATE (for Drench Arctic)
brilliant_demon
Here comes a new challenger!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:43 pm

Re: Plunderlings

Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:08 pm

I’m fairly new to the forum and I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask for help finding the plunderIing kickstarter exclusive drench swump. If anyone would be willing to give me any tips on finding one on here I would appreciate it. If there is another thread where I could ask please someone reply with the link.
User avatar
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Chicago 'Burbs
Posts: 5808
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:36 am

Re: Plunderlings

Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:52 pm

You are the greatest, Roufuss! Thank you so much!
User avatar
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 18425
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:13 pm

Re: Plunderlings

Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:06 pm

brilliant_demon wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:08 pm
I’m fairly new to the forum and I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask for help finding the plunderIing kickstarter exclusive drench swump. If anyone would be willing to give me any tips on finding one on here I would appreciate it. If there is another thread where I could ask please someone reply with the link.
Your best bet is eBay at the moment.

The forum BST section has some requirements you're going to need to meet before you can venture in there, and talking about buying/selling outside of those forums is not allowed.
User avatar
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Chicago 'Burbs
Posts: 5808
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:36 am

Re: Plunderlings

Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:18 pm

Yay, ordered my Grotto last night! Thanks again, Roufuss!
User avatar
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2129
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:17 pm

Re: Plunderlings

Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:37 pm

I've been waffling on whether or not I want to get the Fawns or not, but they are both still up at the time of this posting for folks who may be looking. All of the Hatchling bodies are gone.
nilocomic
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:10 am

Re: Plunderlings

Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:05 pm

S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:37 pm
I've been waffling on whether or not I want to get the Fawns or not, but they are both still up at the time of this posting for folks who may be looking. All of the Hatchling bodies are gone.
Yeah, I’m going back and forth over whether I want one or not. I was hoping they’d sell out so I could have the decision made for me.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”