Loose Collector Collectibles

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Xavion2004
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Loose Collector Collectibles

Tue May 24, 2022 6:04 pm

MollyMillions wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 6:08 am
Sweet!

I went through some old Legends this afternoon (Captain Marvel 2015 was super glossy) and it truly bumps up the aesthetic.
Where has this been my whole life?!? First attempt. This is just a quick “I can’t wait to prep the figure…I wanna see what it does NOW!!!” Did it about 20 mins ago, so it hasn’t even had time to cure, but I’m excited by the results. I don’t know how much it will show in this pics, but it’s a big difference in person.

Xavion2004
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 7:11 pm

Sadly, the difference on Taarna’s second sculpt is negligible. Lipstick on a pig and all that. With Qu’ra, it brought out more detail in the photo real that was softened by the light reflecting off the shiny plastic. There’s just not much detail to bring out here.

Final attempt will be Taarna with primary sculpt and full body sprayed.

Before:

After:

Xavion2004
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 8:11 pm

A little better, but nothing to write home about.

Before:

After:

After:

Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 10:27 pm

I ordered a can of that stuff for a few different projects. It looks great on Qira!

I actually packed up Taarna and put her into storage until I can decide what I want to do to improve her. I decided to use the shelf real estate for Mythic Legions Argemedes, who arrived on the same day and feels like so much more of a score.

I'm just disillusioned with Taarna at this point, and really concerned with how Sonja and Vampirella are going to turn out. I'm hoping LooseCollector is taking the feedback from here and elsewhere online into account and is making sure the next figures are at a much better quality level. I have a feeling we got that sales email last week because of cancellations after people got their Taarna (or watched the reviews). He's not even acknowledging the figure is out on social media, so I'm thinking the response hasn't been great. It's an opportunity for him to learn and improve at least, so hopefully he adjusts accordingly.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 1:06 am

I have Qira, I can see the improvement. Now go nuts.

I can see the difference on Taarna as a whole. You're right there's no detail to bring forward, but it does knock it up a few pegs.

I still haven't recieved mine, nor a response from ER.
Xavion2004
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 3:08 am

MollyMillions wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 1:06 am
I still haven't recieved mine, nor a response from ER.
That has to be irritating. Everything worked out fine for me, but I won’t be ordering from ER again. No order confirmation, no shipping notice, and now no response to your e-mails. I have no patience for poor communication from retailers in this day and age.

Between the Mr. Super Clear and the oversized pics, I’m really noticing how bad the paint is on Taarna’s outfit. Her belt is a good example of one of my pet peeves. The detail is sculpted on which is nice, but they only painted the front and not the top and bottom edges. Same thing with the sides of the bikini. I need to get some black acrylic paint, touch it up, and then spray it again with the Mr. Super Clear.

I normally wouldn’t go to all of this trouble for a mediocre at best figure, but if you were a 14 year-old comic book nerd when Heavy Metal came out in 1981, Taarna was kind of a big deal.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Wed May 25, 2022 4:02 am

Xavion2004 wrote:

I normally wouldn’t go to all of this trouble for a mediocre at best figure, but if you were a 14 year-old comic book nerd when Heavy Metal came out in 1981, Taarna was kind of a big deal.
I've never heard anyone say they wanked off to a cartoon so gracefully before. :lol:
Xavion2004
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 5:08 am

TFitz wrote:
Xavion2004 wrote:

I've never heard anyone say they wanked off to a cartoon so gracefully before. :lol:

I’m pretty sure that was pre-wanking, but I didn’t keep a diary. :wink:
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Wed May 25, 2022 3:48 pm

Xavion2004 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 5:08 am
TFitz wrote:
Xavion2004 wrote:

I’m pretty sure that was pre-wanking, but I didn’t keep a diary. :wink:
Late bloomer, eh? :wink: :lol: Pretty sure I had a Popeye arm at that age. :lol:
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 4:14 pm

At 14, with a Heavy Metal magazine, I wouldn't have left my room for days.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

SpiderS
Avengers Assemble

Thu May 26, 2022 2:17 am

Just got Taarna, along with amazing Shang Chi and Black Lightning figure. So first compulsion was to change her eyebrows and give her a more meaner animated makeup look as well as add more eye make up. it doesn't look too good tho, then gotta experiment with painting face. Alternatively, I got last black cat head out and it seems like a really really close match both skin color and hair wise, she even has purple eye shadow, so only thing is to get second of her and do serious and nerve wrecking acetone cleaning that wont be easy by any means/ Image

MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 11:20 am

I like that custom eyeliner and eyebrow job. It works for the Heavy Metal vibe.

Black Cat is also a good shout. How does the hair fit?

I had wanted to take Felicia's hair for Sable anyway.
SpiderS
Avengers Assemble

Thu May 26, 2022 12:21 pm

MollyMillions wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 11:20 am
I like that custom eyeliner and eyebrow job. It works for the Heavy Metal vibe.

Black Cat is also a good shout. How does the hair fit?

I had wanted to take Felicia's hair for Sable anyway.

Thanks, I will try painting skin tone soon, I did it with Quicksilver who also had very pale plastic, there was some improvement. Sadly, Taarna's hair doesn't fit ML head, it's too big, you would need to both hollow out hair as well as cut some plastic from the back of ML head but Hair Black Cat has is kinda close anyway so. Gotta get myself a second Felicia now and hopefully, I will be able to remove the mask with acetone without ruining the head.
SpiderS
Avengers Assemble

Thu May 26, 2022 2:52 pm

I got that head from my fodder bin and with a lot of carving and cutting managed to fit hair on this head, it's not perfect and skin tones are not very close but it still way better than original head, will paint her eyebrows and eye shadow later.
Xavion2004
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 1:01 am

Wow, that looks really good, Spider5! You may need to paint the eyebrows, but it’s a good fit.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”