Loose Collector Collectibles

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Jead
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Loose Collector Collectibles

Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:25 pm

I'm torn. On one hand, Vampi! On the other hand, these over-exaggerated torso proportions look like shit on anyone that isn't Lady Death or a 90s bad girl character.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:18 am

That image is all pixelated, but damn I'm in.

misterskeezler on Instagram

TFitz
Master of Avatars

Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:52 am

Jead wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:25 pm
I'm torn. On one hand, Vampi! On the other hand, these over-exaggerated torso proportions look like shit on anyone that isn't Lady Death or a 90s bad girl character.
Before the crash here, this was brought up with his Jungle Queen work. He revised the 3d work to give her a bigger waist and slightly smaller boobs. So Vampi might not be that over-exaggerated. We shall know Tuesday. Either way, I'm likely to get her.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:10 am

That would be great. Some of the breast work is just over the top, so I'd prefer something less cringe-worthy. I think that's what really kept me from backing Hellwitch and Lady Death. I overlooked it for Taarna, but I don't want my shelves to start looking like a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon's office.

Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:08 am

I am 100% fine with the healthy breast size on these figures. Even though it’s pixilated Vampi looks fine so far.
Like everyone says all the time “if you don’t like it don’t buy it,someone else will love it and buy extra”.

These are “cheesecake” figures imo and are based on the character art they were intended to invoke which is of hot,sexy fantasy women.

Maybe they’ll make a flat chested version later on for those that prefer that kind of thing too.
Jead
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:10 am

Visionary wrote:
I am 100% fine with the healthy breast size on these figures. Even though it’s pixilated Vampi looks fine so far.
Like everyone says all the time “if you don’t like it don’t buy it,someone else will love it and buy extra”.

These are “cheesecake” figures imo and are based on the character art they were intended to invoke which is of hot,sexy fantasy women.

Maybe they’ll make a flat chested version later on for those that prefer that kind of thing too.
The inherently sexy design or breast size are not the problem imo. I usually associate Vampirella with Gonzalez and Frazetta, who are NO slouch in cheesecake, and still bring the sex appeal. But they have more "realistic" proportions to the hips and waist, as well as breasts that don't look plastic. (lol)

We're already getting new torso molds for every figure, so it might as well vary to suit each one as best as possible. I don't want every character in this line to be Betty Brosmer in a new cosplay. I hope they change this like with the other figure.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:40 am

Visionary wrote:

Yeah, no one was looking for a flat-chested Vampirella, I think you know that. And we all know the genre. As far as I'm concerned, this is as good as bought, but it'd be nice if there was some realism brought to the sculpt, that's all (I'll forget this argument as soon as I pre-order). You can also check out Lucio Parillo, who does many of the covers for Vampirella over recent years. He's got a great style that brings more realism but also really dials up the cheesecake. I'd post the link, but it's kind of NSFW.
TheRealSmallville
Avengers Assemble

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:33 am

Visionary wrote:I am 100% fine with the healthy breast size on these figures. Even though it’s pixilated Vampi looks fine so far.

I'm with you. These characters were created specifically to intentionally have exaggerated bodies (hence the 'fantasy' element), so honestly if they made them with realistic proportions I'd really no longer be interested in purchasing them. There are lots of realistic bodies used for figures out there, but I don't expect any of these ladies to be among them.

Also (not directed at you, just in general), I think if anyone is worried about someone coming in their space and judging them for something like this in their collections, well that's just a person you don't want in your life anyway. Collect for you, not for others Image
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:43 am

Well I think we can all agree that nobody wants super giant bombs(unless it’s Cavewoman)

Something like these are perfect.
Warning! FRAT! :

Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:24 pm

Visionary wrote:Well I think we can all agree that nobody wants super giant bombs(unless it’s Cavewoman)

Something like these are perfect.
Warning! FRAT! :

Yes, that's what I'm looking for as well. What I'm saying is I don't want it to look like someone glued two half marbles on the front and called it a day.

TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:31 am

They’ve just revealed Red Sonja, Vampirella and Purgatori

https://youtu.be/Ry7GPa7Hc4U
Jead
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:52 am

Purgatori!! Surprised but also not. That's perfect, glad to see her. Hope Evil Ernie is soon.

Red Sonja is near perfect, but I feel she could use swappable hair like Taarna has, specifically so we can get that big curly classic Marvel look out of her.

Vampirella's problems are only more apparent in the un-blurred product shots. I hope that torso gets modified before production, it does not look good by any stretch of the imagination.

The increased amount of accessories for each is also wonderful. Starting to feel more like the price point.
superdoug
CROM!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:24 pm

Any indication in the video on when Sonja might be put up for preorder and where? Can’t get sound for the video until I get home tonight.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:21 pm

superdoug wrote:Any indication in the video on when Sonja might be put up for preorder and where? Can’t get sound for the video until I get home tonight.
Thursday.

TFitz
Master of Avatars

Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:10 pm

If the prices aren't insane, I'm all in! Hell, I'm likely all-in regardless of price. Vampi is more busty than I would like, but hey, these are all cheesecake figures.

Purgatori was a big surprise, and I'm stoked she's part of this mini-wave.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”