Boss Fight Studio H.A.C.K.S. Figures

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Joda
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Boss Fight Studio H.A.C.K.S. Figures

Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:29 pm

So I placed my first order with Boss Fight last Monday for 3 in-stock figures, and still haven't received any kind of shipping notice. Does it normally take this long? I'm (maybe) a little worried? :? I've heard so many good things about this company; this isn't quite the first impression I wanted to get...
Kassle
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:39 pm

BFS takes a long while - this is normal. Love their work but it is sometimes easier to order from a merchant.
Joda
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:51 pm

Kassle wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:39 pm
BFS takes a long while - this is normal. Love their work but it is sometimes easier to order from a merchant.
Well, that's good to know. And reassuring. (Well, sort of. :lol: ) Thank you!
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:06 pm

The entire company is like 8 people in MA. They're juggling many balls and the Store is but one of them. The product is worth the wait, the service is too. Generally, product bought from a 3rd-party retailer is of on-hand items that get out to you quickly. Stuff bought from the BFS Webstore may still be somewhere in the production process and your *entire* order just might wait for the the *entire* product list to be made and added to ship to you.
supermonkey
teh awsum

Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:41 am

I just had an order that took a week+ to convert. So be it.
As AV says above, it's a pretty tight little operation.
That said, I got that Ringneck Gorgon 2pk and threw in Vehemous Dragon Priest as well....
Mongoose
Avengers Assemble

Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:11 am

Well, I lost out on the Ultimate Spartan since they accidentally sent me the Elite Amazon. Apparently the factory had sent them a box with half Spartans and half Elite Amazons. I don't think I'm the only one that got the wrong figure. Oh well, crap happens. It's a fine substitute. Eagerly awaiting the next wave of Fantasy figs.
Joda
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:54 pm

Well, both my orders shipped a couple of days ago and I got them today. Is it normal for Boss Fight to just throw their products in a box with no packing material and kick them out the door? I'm kind of pissed. Nothing looks damaged per se, but the figures are awfully twisted around in their clamshells. What does it say about your product when you don't care enough to package it nicely for your customers? I mean small business 101, here.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:02 am

Joda wrote:
Well, both my orders shipped a couple of days ago and I got them today. Is it normal for Boss Fight to just throw their products in a box with no packing material and kick them out the door? I'm kind of pissed. Nothing looks damaged per se, but the figures are awfully twisted around in their clamshells. What does it say about your product when you don't care enough to package it nicely for your customers? I mean small business 101, here.
When I receive something directly from them, it seems to be hit and miss when it comes to packing material. I have had figures just stacked in the box before with no packing material, or I have had them in the box with a bubble pillow or wrapped in packing paper before.

I've never had anything arrived damaged except once a sword was broken inside the clamshell. I contacted them, and they sent me a replacement sword immediately. Hopefully all of your stuff is ok, but I know they have a great customer service team if anything is wrong.
Joda
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:30 pm

Super Camel wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:02 am
Joda wrote:
When I receive something directly from them, it seems to be hit and miss when it comes to packing material. I have had figures just stacked in the box before with no packing material, or I have had them in the box with a bubble pillow or wrapped in packing paper before.

I've never had anything arrived damaged except once a sword was broken inside the clamshell. I contacted them, and they sent me a replacement sword immediately. Hopefully all of your stuff is ok, but I know they have a great customer service team if anything is wrong.
Thanks for the feedback. I have one outstanding order with them left, and if it arrives the same way... Well, I guess I'll try and go somewhere else if possible.
MollyMillions
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:09 pm

When I was getting into the line, fans and reviewers noted that the figures were rarely snug in the package.

Part of the charm.
Joda
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:32 pm

MollyMillions wrote:
When I was getting into the line, fans and reviewers noted that the figures were rarely snug in the package.

Part of the charm.
I don't think I'd call that 'charm', but to each his own. :rolleyes: (And my issue was really with the lack of care taken when packaging the figures for shipment, not the figures/clamshells themselves.)
Reefer Shark
Avengers Assemble

Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:46 pm

While Ive never had any issues with the few direct orders Ive had from Boss Fight, I will say that Kokomo toys seems to pack these the best from my experience.

I’ve bought the majority of my hacks from their ebay store, and they ship in form fitted boxes with packing paper typically.

On another note, I just got back from a trip to Nashville Tennessee, and found a great shop that carries Boss Fight. Was so nice to walk into a store a see these guys on the pegs! Picked up a few hacks along with a couple Zica Sectaurs figures :)
MollyMillions
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:39 pm

Joda wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:32 pm
MollyMillions wrote:

Part of the charm.
I don't think I'd call that 'charm', but to each his own. :rolleyes: (And my issue was really with the lack of care taken when packaging the figures for shipment, not the figures/clamshells themselves.)
I wouldn't, either. Was being flip.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:15 pm

Anecdotal, of course, but I've never had a problem with the way any of my BFS orders were packed. And I've also never had to wait more than a few days for an order to be packed up for shipping, once the items were in stock.

Still waiting to hear how pissed they are, if at all, about the leak, so I won't go post the image here. But there's a leaked blurry image floating around of a 'Lord of Asperity' figure that's supposedly coming out end of this year or beginning of next year and it looks like it's going to be absolutely awesome.
jabalong
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:37 am

The Lord of Asperity should make a lot of people happy, both those who missed out on his knightly brethren and those who just want more unearthly evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FxUkbDzuGw

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”