Boss Fight Studio H.A.C.K.S. Figures

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Reefer Shark
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Boss Fight Studio H.A.C.K.S. Figures

Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:23 am

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:34 pm
Reefer Shark wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:16 pm
I jsut went to the hacks shopify store and noticed they have quite a few things I want in stock, looks like I'll be placing an order!
Don't forget about https://vitruvianarmory.com/. They've become very helpful in my customizing and may be of use to you for older stuff.
Thanks a lot for the link, cool stuff there indeed!
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:03 am

Jd1000 wrote: Does anyone know the fan the elven queen sculpt is modeled after?
I don't remember if they said, but you're right that it does kind of look like Meredith. Could be her. That would be neat. I think everyone at BFS should have their likeness on a figure. If I owned a toy company making my own unlicensed figures, that's like the FIRST thing I'd do because I'm an awful, selfish person.

Threash wrote: That's a shame, I think they'd be a lot more popular now that they are more well known.
More well known compared to when, though? The Asperity and Accord Knights only just sold out like.. two months ago. I doubt they're more well known among fantasy fans today than they were in January. Maybe in another year or two that might be true - but by that point they actually -might- decide to go back and do a 'best of' series to catch up new customers. Certainly in the realm of possibility and I'd be all for it, even though I don't personally need more of either figure.

Longbowhunter wrote: When are they gonna get to the Pirates? I want cool scurvy Pirates and Skeleton Pirates and Mermaids and Sea Creatures!!!!!
We don't know. Fantasy isn't done yet - they've said there's at least one more full wave after the all-female wave and the .5 wave. Space is supposed to follow Fantasy, and Pirates after Space. But at the current rate that could put Pirates out until like 2024. That being said, I've seen BFS members make a few off-hand comments about running concurrent product, so it's possible we'll see some overlap instead of several solid years of just one specific Series.

Jd1000 wrote: I think mythic legions got a lot of their ideas from boss fight
Probably - among other places they may have gotten 'inspiration' from. But the 4H are worshiped by toy collectors so there's no use talking about it.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:14 am

The asperity knight has been gone for a long time, it was gone most of last year.
KnightDamien

Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:32 am

Threash wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:14 am
The asperity knight has been gone for a long time, it was gone most of last year.
You're absolutely right. I was thinking about the Accord knight, which only recently sold out. Got a little mixed up.
MollyMillions
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:20 pm

I'm really enjoying my JoyToy and Acid World, and would like to compare HACKS.

I was looking into the Amazons, but are there any other recommendations just to see the best of the line?

Damien, you're a fellow Canuck. Any good options besides their main site or is that the winner?
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:27 pm

MollyMillions wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:20 pm
Damien, you're a fellow Canuck. Any good options besides their main site or is that the winner?
They end up being cheaper from BBTS due to the shipping cost.
KnightDamien

Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:46 am

MollyMillions wrote: I was looking into the Amazons, but are there any other recommendations just to see the best of the line?
That's tough right now because, in my opinion, most of the 'best' figures are sold out. But I -highly- recommend Zorro. He's probably the overall nicest figure Boss Fight has made that's still in stock, and easily in the top 5 overall. The Elf Ranger is also fantastic.

If you're looking for a good female figure, it's not out yet but I have a feeling the knight of order (female Knight of Accord) is going to turn out pretty amazing.

MollyMillions wrote: Damien, you're a fellow Canuck. Any good options besides their main site or is that the winner?
Overall, I tend to go with BossFightShop directly. BBTS is great if you have an existing POL, I suppose. Thing is, in my experience, BBTS and Boss Fight charge almost the same price for shipping (using a cheap USPS option), but Boss Fight gets my toys to me in like 2 weeks and a BBTS box, for some reason, takes over a damn month -- once or twice being as long as two months.

But those would be your only two decent choices. I tried to get Toy Snowman to carry BFS, but nothing seems to have come from that.
MollyMillions
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:37 pm

Love Toy Snowman for most things. So speedy.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll may do BBTS for some of the older ones not on the official store, as I need some Acid Rain anyway.
KnightDamien

Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:02 pm

MollyMillions wrote:Love Toy Snowman for most things. So speedy.
Oh yeah - quick AND free shipping. They're great. Unfortunately, I never use them.
I don't blame -them-, but their business model doesn't work for me. Most stuff doesn't stay in stock very long, and when you combine that with them having very few lines they actually carry... there's almost never enough stuff available on their site at any one time that I actually want to get me up to free shipping. That's part of the reason I was hoping they'd start carrying Boss Fight stuff, but alas.

BFS did a livestream thing on Facebook to celebrate their 8 year anniversary. Some cool tidbits but not a lot of stuff we didn't already know. Blanks are selling really well and they will be bringing in new colors soon. They're going to be trying to key the release of blanks to similar-color carded figures to maximize factory output (and probably to manage costs as well). For example, we should see skin tone blanks to match Tarzan and Jane when Tarzan and Jane actually come out. So that's cool.

They're close to the point of having to re-order on some horses and that's the best time for them to also order new decos, so we should see at least one new horse deco (they weren't specific about what the deco might be or how many new ones there will be) in the near future.

Fantasy Wave 6 is still being tweaked at the factory, so it'll be still quite a bit of a wait for those to be in stock.

All the previously announced/hinted HACKS product (like Mermaids/Pirates and the Vitruvian Crew) ARE still coming.

There's internal talk about animals/monsters -- the way it sounded, and this is just my speculation, is that there's more than just talk and they've definitely got something in that regard already lined up.

Umbrella Academy is in the final tooling stage, if I remember correctly.

I think those were the major HACKS-related points.
MollyMillions
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:04 am

All new and cool things to me. Thanks for the recap.
supermonkey
teh awsum

Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:46 am

Thx for the update, KD.

My Zorro/Tornado set arrived today and holy crap is it beautful! Even better than I hoped.
Reefer Shark
Avengers Assemble

Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:37 pm

Well I've picked up a few more of these since my last post, and I can say that I really love this line now! Such great details and options for this scale.

I've picked up these guys so far:

King Lance Steelblade
Orc Conquerer
Q'Al Varis Elven Ranger
Warrior Skeleton
Wandering Mage (black robe)
Black greek skeleton
Knight of Asperity (which I paid double SRP for on ebay *doh!)
Zoro w/Tornado
*plus a bunch of pre-orders at BBTS

Also grabbed some parts from the armory and a Knight of Accord Tack kit. My plan is to get a few horses and tack kits, and Im working on a custom sadle for a Jurassic World 1 1:18 dino to use as a mount for someone, not sure who yet - I have a fortnite medieval style figure sitting on it now and Im digging it! Thanks for the info you guys provided earlier, it definitely was helpful. Now if I could only find a Knight of Accord that isnt $100 lol
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:50 pm

Reefer Shark wrote:
That's less than half what they are going for.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:54 pm

I believe there is a female knight of Accord coming soon.
Reefer Shark
Avengers Assemble

Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:59 pm

Threash wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:50 pm
Reefer Shark wrote:
That's less than half what they are going for.
I know, I saw it right when they listed it and jumped on it quick! $100 is a no go zone for me on 1 1:18 figures, and so is $50 generally. But this guy just looks so badass, I have to have him.

Now I gotta get the Asperity tack kit and black horse....
S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:54 pm
I believe there is a female knight of Accord coming soon.
Yep, there is. I have her pre-ordered at BBTS, nd tempted to add a second one.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”