Boss Fight Studio H.A.C.K.S. Figures

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Boss Fight Studio H.A.C.K.S. Figures

Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:26 am

I would have preferred a 1/12 version of their skeleton warrior.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:13 am

A few of those viking ones in the pirate gear would make great photo fodder for the NECA Phantom.
Darthgaar
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:06 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:23 am
They're supposed to be basically just big HACKS figures, so yeah - the accessories should be removable. I -believe- they confirmed this when the sub-line was originally announced. But don't quote me on that.
And the whole scale thing is just them trying to make a product for two different collectors. They're 1:12 Skeletons (so, around 5-1/2 inches or slightly more, I'd imagine), but they're selling them to HACKS collectors as also being 'giants.' It's a double-dip, but the language makes it a touch confusing.

They look amazing. But like I said when they were announced.. I just don't feel like this is something I need. Especially not in zany colors. I love the idea of 6" HACKS figures and I'm bursting at the seams to see them do some of their other characters/figures in this way (6" Athenians and Accord Knights would blow me away). But this first offering just isn't really in my collecting wheelhouse so much. I can always use a couple of skeletons, I guess. I'm just not massively excited for them.
That being said.. I currently plan to get a pirate to fight against my Mezco Conan, and a barbarian to fight against my fantasy HACKS.
That makes much more sense. A 10 foot character in 1:18 scale, would be a 6.67 inch figure. That seems about the right height for a larger Marvel Legends-ish 1:12 scale male skeleton. If they're that size then I'll likely buy a coupe, but at $30 a piece, I'm less likely to buy many. Maybe they could come out with a budget Skeleton without accessories for $20?
It would be a lot of fun if their accessories could be removed (likely) and compatible with other 1:12 scale figures, won't know until these are in hand.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:39 am

Oh ok, makes sense now. the Epic-hack "10 ft" is geared towards the Hack collectors, understood.
I PO'd these, they look fantastic. i got the Grim reeper and the Barbarian cause i must have that spiked mace. i have a soft spot for Maces for some reason?
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:16 am

Bossfight seems to keep the scaling for larger figures rather ambiguous and all over the place? If you look at the two current preorders for their highly articulated Lucha figures, they don't call them 1/12 scale. They specifically tell you the 5'11" male wrestler's figure is 6.5" and the 5'5" female wrestler's figure is 6.25" tall. La Borinqueña figures are listed as 1/12 scale with no mention of their height in inches. People are just now seeing and receiving the less articulated Lucha figures. They are much smaller in size compared to Mattel and Jazwares wrestling figures causing some wrestling collectors to flip out. These figures are specifically described as 6" scale. "6 inch scale" is technically not a scale, right? I should have the female wrestler, Taya Valkyrie, arriving tomorrow if FedEx decides to deliver. I haven't seen how well she compares in height to the other companies' figures. The male figures are looking too short and thin.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:46 pm

Darthgaar wrote: but at $30 a piece, I'm less likely to buy many. Maybe they could come out with a budget Skeleton without accessories for $20?
Yeah, they're not exactly cheap for army building. But at the same time, they're not exactly expensive for a boutique toy maker, either. And just like with their HACKS line, I could definitely see them releasing the bare skeleton, maybe with extra hands, for 20-25. Regular HACKS are 28 while blank skeletons are 15. And they keep making more blank skeletons in different colors, and restocking the old colors - so there must be a fairly healthy market for them.
KnightDamien

Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:32 am

Kier arrived today. Because I accidentally shipped her immediately from BBTS instead of adding her to my POL. So while that kind of sucked, because it cost me money - it was also nice to get a new toy, so I'm not gonna be mad about it.

Nothing new to report here. I'm late to this one and everything's already been said, I think; she's pretty incredible. Loads of detail and just looks beautiful on the shelf. Poses well. Some great alternate options, to the point where it's hard to decide how to set her up because I keep changing my mind. I actually really like the stands they're using for this line, with the smaller or less awkward footprint and smoother surface. The whole thing just seems more low-profile and puts more focus on the figure.
Not that the standard BFS stands are bad - I do like them. But I like the new ones a lot, too.

Really can't wait for more new HACKS. The drip-feed is killing me.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Boss Fight Studio H.A.C.K.S. Figures

Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:16 am

I just got my Court of the Dead figures from a pile o loot shipment as well, and I agree. Kier is awesome!

Im having a hard time deciding which look to keep her in, but I think the cape is going to win out just due to display space.

Darthgaar
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:17 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:46 pm
Darthgaar wrote: but at $30 a piece, I'm less likely to buy many. Maybe they could come out with a budget Skeleton without accessories for $20?
Yeah, they're not exactly cheap for army building. But at the same time, they're not exactly expensive for a boutique toy maker, either. And just like with their HACKS line, I could definitely see them releasing the bare skeleton, maybe with extra hands, for 20-25. Regular HACKS are 28 while blank skeletons are 15. And they keep making more blank skeletons in different colors, and restocking the old colors - so there must be a fairly healthy market for them.
I'm in for at least two (also pre-ordered the Death figure), so hopefully the support gets us some basics.

The Kier release almost makes me want to get back into 3. 3/4" figures, then I think to myself, "I have reward points at Sideshow, might as well use them for the 1/6 scale Sideshow/Phicen version instead" lol. I think I'll wait for a discount on Sideshow before I order.
supermonkey
teh awsum

Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:36 pm

The CotD figs look great, but having no knowledge of the property they're an easy pass for me at $30 a pop.

Loving my Flash Gordon comic figs tho. Turned out amazing.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:00 pm

I am so very glad I don't have that restriction to my collecting. Loving the source property can aid in the enjoyment of a good figure but not knowing the property thankfully doesn't prevent me from loving a good figure in return.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:54 pm

I don't restrict myself from buying figures from unknown properties. But when I lay out my collection and determine what was my favorite, those unknown property figures often make up the bottom of the list. They just can't compete with nostalgia or characters I like. So with a limited budget, I try to keep that in mind.

I did like he 6" skeletons, and I ordered one, the barbarian. If I like it in hand, I may try to get the gladiator too. I don't like off color skeletons, so the other two were an easy pass, but I wish the Pirate was in skeleton colors. I like Pirate Skeletons.

I already have a good lot of Skeletons from Mythic Legions. So these are competing with those, but I think there is room for both, and planned to mix them.
supermonkey
teh awsum

Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:55 am

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:00 pm
I am so very glad I don't have that restriction to my collecting. Loving the source property can aid in the enjoyment of a good figure but not knowing the property thankfully doesn't prevent me from loving a good figure in return.
I have to draw lines somewhere lol
KnightDamien

Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:52 am

BFS is having a sale on all HACKS-related customizing stuff from now until.. I think the 7th? 10% off.
Definitely the kind of sale that's worth it if you need the parts, but for those of us that get way too much of everything when it first comes out, it's easy enough to sit out.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:50 pm

I got a big-ass box from BBTS yday and am still processing the coolness.

"Be gone from my lands and my skies, demon locust!"

"Offend me not with your antics, beast! Your meat-kind knew me as Kaiklakil, the Locust God. You will fear me once again, and forever more!"

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”