Boss Fight Studio H.A.C.K.S. Figures

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Boss Fight Studio H.A.C.K.S. Figures

Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:25 pm

Draconis wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:18 pm
When the heck are they going to get the female knights in?! I pre-ordered one, plus a deluxe skeleton accesory kit in October 2019! And they charged up front and they won't ship partial orders, so I've been waiting almost 2 years to do a couple customs.

Sure they have made some noise about coming product but never the female knights.
I haven't heard anything forever about that entire Wave. I wish all 4 figures would come in. They have them up for pre order as well on BBTS, but month after month goes by and nothing. Hopefully soon they finally come in. There are even Fantasy figures beyond this Wave I am excited about.

But I don't expect them anytime soon at all (the waves beyond the female knight wave that is). The pandemic definitely put a big holdup in this line, as it did many others. but, it's Boss Fight. So I know once we get them in hand they will be great figures. But I hear yeah. A 2 year wait has really sucked.

Hopefully at some point this year we get the female knight, elven queen, etc.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:26 am

Super Camel wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:25 pm
Draconis wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:18 pm
When the heck are they going to get the female knights in?! I pre-ordered one, plus a deluxe skeleton accesory kit in October 2019! And they charged up front and they won't ship partial orders, so I've been waiting almost 2 years to do a couple customs.

Sure they have made some noise about coming product but never the female knights.
I haven't heard anything forever about that entire Wave. I wish all 4 figures would come in. They have them up for pre order as well on BBTS, but month after month goes by and nothing. Hopefully soon they finally come in. There are even Fantasy figures beyond this Wave I am excited about.

But I don't expect them anytime soon at all (the waves beyond the female knight wave that is). The pandemic definitely put a big holdup in this line, as it did many others. but, it's Boss Fight. So I know once we get them in hand they will be great figures. But I hear yeah. A 2 year wait has really sucked.

Hopefully at some point this year we get the female knight, elven queen, etc.

Based on where they were in production last we heard, I expect the all-female fantasy wave is either already on a boat, or will be very shortly.

And you're right on about the pandemic cocking up the whole timeline. People gotta keep in mind that BFS uses one factory, that they share with other toy companies. And that factory spent over a year at like 20% capacity. BFS, unfortunately, got hammered by the delays that caused. Nothing to be done about it except keep working on new product and wait for the factory to catch up.

But again... I think the female fantasy wave is incoming really shortly.

And for those interested.... BFS has shown off the paint masters for two Umbrella Academy HACKS figures -- Diego and Klaus from season 1. They look really good (although I absolutely admit that I'm still not sold on the giant ball at the ankle to facilitate the improved ankle articulation).
willbfree
Super Poseable

Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:44 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:26 am
And for those interested.... BFS has shown off the paint masters for two Umbrella Academy HACKS figures -- Diego and Klaus from season 1. They look really good (although I absolutely admit that I'm still not sold on the giant ball at the ankle to facilitate the improved ankle articulation).
Pics of ChaCha (with and without the armored mask) and Vanya (with violin) are out now too on their Facebook page. Vanya probably has an alternate head with glowing eyes but it is not pictured - or maybe they’ll just make an entirely separate version of her that is white from head to toe.

Preorders start next week.

The Umbrella Academy figures are going to be difficult to turn down. Great characters, and many of them (even before you consider costume changes). But assuming these are $25 each, for such tiny figures I can’t justify the cost, myself.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:47 am

willbfree wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:44 am

The Umbrella Academy figures are going to be difficult to turn down. Great characters, and many of them (even before you consider costume changes). But assuming these are $25 each, for such tiny figures I can’t justify the cost, myself.
They are not going to be 25, their regular figures are 25. This ones they have to pay licensing fees for, that's going to drive it up a bit. 28 if we are lucky, probably 30.
Kassle
CROM!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:22 am

Interesting interview w/ Bossfight today on their socials (hosted by a toy blogger for SDCC). They sound hyper aware of the ways fuzzy release dates have sometimes frustrated fans (even pre-covid) and announced they've partnered w/ more factories and anticipate merch being more on target.

I skipped around a bit as I don't follow Popeye, Little Prince or Luchas, but they said that 1/18 Fantasy is not over. Wave 1 of Series Z is currently on the boats making its way overseas and Series 2 should be arriving soon after. Flash & the other Hero Hacks were part of the delays that caused them to add more factories. Umbrella Academy is currently at the factories.

They will also be experimenting w more scales which I had mixed feelings about. I think part of their Kickstarter success was due to their great designs - but also due to being one of the few higher end 1/18 folks out there. There are so many 1/12 folks out there already. That said, I'm sure it will open them up to more buyers as there are a lot of 1/12 fans out there, so hopefully thats good for their longevity. They expect that different properties will be evaluated to see what scale fits best and cited that Umbrella Academy would stay 1/18 because thats what felt best but also because thats the size the license holder wanted as well.
KnightDamien

Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:15 am

Yeah, I mean... some collectors act like Boss Fight is somehow unaware of the huge delays in some of their lines. Of course they're not, but seeing them actually talk about working with other factories to get a better handle on release schedules is cool.

For those wondering, they did directly talk about Fantasy wave 6. There were some problems with the molds and they actually had to go back into tooling phase right before Covid hit. And apparently pretty much the entire HACKS range was hit real hard with the delays, even compared to their other product. So.. sounds like wave 6 isn't even finished production yet, which sucks. But they also mentioned there were some changes that they think people are going to like. That should be interesting.

Threash wrote: They are not going to be 25, their regular figures are 25. This ones they have to pay licensing fees for, that's going to drive it up a bit. 28 if we are lucky, probably 30.
If they go the same route as the current stuff, with pre-orders being reduced price and figures going to 'full' price once they're in stock; We should expect Umbrella Academy figures to pre-order at 25.99 and be 27.99 to buy in stock. That's the HeroHACKS price point. Of course, that's just speculative based on their current pricing. But it makes sense.

Is it too much? Well... that's definitely a personal decision. I think pretty much all toys these days are too much and it really comes down to which things you're willing to pay too much for. The fact that they're 'tiny' figures isn't really relevant to me. They're excellent, and that's what matters to me. People pay 100 bucks for a Mezco figure that's "only" 6 inches tall. 20 years ago that would have bought you two Sideshow figures. What can ya' do.
MollyMillions
CROM!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:36 am

Sell me more on this female fantasy wave.
Kassle
CROM!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:52 am

I was a bit disappointed by the shifts in Queen Solan's designs when the prototypes surfaced last year (I dug her original Toy Fair design when she was still named Aspen - purple, femme elven royalty). The older face and green outfit feel too reminiscent of some of the other elven/orc characters already out. I'm sure it won't change but I'd love to at least get that first beautiful look as an alternate headsculpt.

AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:51 pm

MollyMillions wrote:
"Chicks with swords killin' shit" ain't enough for you? It got my pre-orders.
supermonkey
teh awsum

Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:49 pm

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:51 pm
MollyMillions wrote:
"Chicks with swords killin' shit" ain't enough for you? It got my pre-orders.
Ahem. "Human and Elf and Orc and Faerie Chicks with swords and bows and clubs killin shit"

Just for accuracy's sake.
KnightDamien

Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:56 pm

MollyMillions wrote:Sell me more on this female fantasy wave.
What do you need to know that the pictures don't tell? We don't know what changes they made (I think it's largely mechanical rather than aesthetic). But pre-changes they were some badass figures. I already have my own 'Elven Queen' set up, but I ordered two of this one to use as elite bodyguards. And the female knight of Accord is a female version of an already awesome figure so it will also definitely be awesome. The mail coif head is super, and I really dig the new sword design, personally.
Plus, the two armored females come with gripping and 'open' hand options rather than the original male options of all grip hands with different articulation.
MollyMillions
CROM!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:56 pm

I haven't seen pictures!

But your first two descriptions.

That's all you had to say!
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:53 pm

GrumpyMatt
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:38 pm

Yeah, saw the email. Did you know these figures come ready to showcase their extraordinary talents? Holy repetition.

Diego looks pretty good for the scale. The rest don't do it for me at all, particularly the two female figures.

Can't wait to see the price.
Kassle
CROM!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:08 am

Cha Cha is a fantastic character on the show (and I love the puppy mask)...but having 2 suited females in the first wave also seemed like an odd choice to me.

Vanya was pretty much a must, based on how central she is. I think it might've felt better to include Allison/Rumor as the second female to help kick off the line. She's one of the higher ranking siblings, has great storylines both seasons and her outfit in this promo (also worn in the last few eps of Season 1) would've been really easy for BFS: they have the skirt, leg & high heel molds from their work on the Zombie Lab line. Even the jacket sleeves & undershirt from the Lone Survivor would be usable. The only assets they would've needed to create were the head/jacket torso. A second head w/ the hair up and a
Spoiler! :
bandage accessory that slips over the neck
from the finale would've been fantastic.

Cha Cha, Hazel & their masks could've been nice compliments to each other in a Wave 2 (alongside Five & Luther).

Main figure:

Second head:

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”