My Hero Academia McFarlane and more

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
heman008
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: My Hero Academia McFarlane and more

Thu May 06, 2021 11:48 pm

Thanks to my sister I have the Platinum Edition All for One secured. We both placed an order and I got the normal one. She’s in San Antonio and I’m in Houston dunno if that matters. I’ve got to wait till the end of the month when she visits but I’m glad to have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
degausser
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 12:40 am

TheCollector1999 wrote:Bbts just shipped my Amazing yamaguchi bakugo
Same. With the deku ImageImage

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Sat May 08, 2021 12:09 am

Man I really do hate that normal All For One is a chase variant...

Honestly we should be past that phase for retail collectibles. It'd be one thing if it was a blind box figure but I thought we left the Toybiz-era rare variants you needed to hunt for in the past...

Especially since I'm sure most people would want this version since it both looks better and is functional as an actual articulated toy.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 2:45 am

Yeah I feel like it should have been something besides a chase has mcfarlane ever done a chase with new sculpting I think so far it had been just repaints. I’m just hopeful that he has more in the 7 inch scale planned and that he isn’t done with it and doing only 5 inch now
heman008
Avengers Assemble

Sat May 08, 2021 3:00 am

Seriously Todd what happened here? I don’t mind separate variant releases, but making this the platinum chase is stupid. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but haven’t they mostly been colored variants? Bronze, Gold and Grodd coming in silver armor. I don’t think there has been any with all new parts.

I’m glad I lucked out and like many collectors this is the version I’ve wanted from the start. I hope he finds some way to make it up to those who want it.

Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 3:06 am

I don’t even collect the line and I want the regular All For One. It’s a great suited body for any head.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 5:21 am

Yeah most platinum variants have been repainted versions not different sculpts like the gold Batman etc. The chase figures we got before were the blue versions of ac Batman and animated Batman but those were a bit easy to find.

I would have like if the clean head and arm was a swap able parts like he was doing in the last few waves. Heck since the monster arm is huge, make him a deluxe.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 9:49 pm

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:09 am
Man I really do hate that normal All For One is a chase variant...

Honestly we should be past that phase for retail collectibles. It'd be one thing if it was a blind box figure but I thought we left the Toybiz-era rare variants you needed to hunt for in the past...

Especially since I'm sure most people would want this version since it both looks better and is functional as an actual articulated toy.
I don't know if it was a "platinum" variant, but the goblin Robin from his DC Mutliverse line had 3 variant heads packed 1 per package, and it was random which one you got.
Deckard
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 11:00 pm

Visionary wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 3:06 am
I don’t even collect the line and I want the regular All For One. It’s a great suited body for any head.
Agree 100%
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 11:25 pm

Got my amazing yamaguchi bakugo in from bbts and wow I’d be great I think I like the normal arms over the gauntlets. Easily my favorite over the figma and mcfarlane one
Wavehawk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 1:05 pm

gunbuster718 wrote:Pretty interesting that they are making Moderoid Deku and Bakugo.

With the GI Joe kits from Flame Toys, this, and the Figure-Rise Standards from Bandai, this seems to be the way things are. The import figure market had inflated to a point where they are just too expensive, and there's a resurgence in model kits.

I will see how they are. Moderoid, the only ones that are human so far are the Ariels, which I am not familiar with.
Ariel is actually based on an anime parody, where instead of a block giant male robot, it's a safely female robot piloted by women.

Seems to be the trend nowadays to make female figure kits...

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Mon May 10, 2021 5:32 pm

Considering upgrading from Figma Deku and Bakugo to Amazing Yamaguchi.

Anyone got comparisons between one of them and the other MHA Figmas? From what I've seen Ochako scales pretty well with them but I wanna be sure.
degausser
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 10, 2021 6:04 pm

I think kirishima scales well with the AY line. I’m hoping todoroki is next to get a fig cause the figma one just isn’t doing it for me with how small it is.

Fujishig
Customized

Mon May 10, 2021 9:07 pm

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 5:32 pm
Considering upgrading from Figma Deku and Bakugo to Amazing Yamaguchi.

Anyone got comparisons between one of them and the other MHA Figmas? From what I've seen Ochako scales pretty well with them but I wanna be sure.
I was looking for something similar the other day (trying to decide whether to preorder Deku when he came back up) and Robo's review of the Amazing Yamaguchi Deku has it near the end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAtSnmR_vgw

14:12, size and comparisons

He doesn't show Figma Ochako but you can see how Figma deku measures up (and McFarlane besides their out of scale All Might is way too big).

I had actually been out of collecting Revoltech for some time but Robo's review brought me right back in (by which time it had been long sold out, of course so happy for a second chance)
degausser
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 10, 2021 9:21 pm

Here’s AY Bakugo next to the figma’s. Honestly think Kirishima and Uraraka measure up good with it.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”

Recent Topics